Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Hello ladies, just back from a doc checkup and all looking ok thankfully. Baby's heartbeat was strong and easy to detect :) 
    My urine sample showed high ketone levels and doc just asked me if I had drank much water today. He did not seem too  worried however and told me to drink more. Has anyone experienced this? I had drank about a litre of water before seeing him. I stupidly googled it after and now am a little worried. Any advice? 
    Hope everyone is doing ok. It's nice that the weather has somewhat cooled a bit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Found out we are having a girl.. Delighted! Think that will be our family complete with one of each :) We're so, so happy!
    My urine sample showed high ketone levels and doc just asked me if I had drank much water today. He did not seem too  worried however and told me to drink more. Has anyone experienced this

My urine was +2 ketone the last day and they said it was probably down to dehydration or not eating enough. They weren't concerned at all :) I suppose they'll monitor it with the next sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Hi all and congrats to you all! Can I join in on your little group! Due 2nd December :) Second pregnancy, feeling good and a lot bigger this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hello ladies, just back from a doc checkup and all looking ok thankfully. Baby's heartbeat was strong and easy to detect :) 
    My urine sample showed high ketone levels and doc just asked me if I had drank much water today. He did not seem too  worried however and told me to drink more. Has anyone experienced this? I had drank about a litre of water before seeing him. I stupidly googled it after and now am a little worried. Any advice? 
    Hope everyone is doing ok. It's nice that the weather has somewhat cooled a bit! :)

hello! popping over from Sept thread. I had this happen to me, at around the same stage of pregnancy too. I was a little dehydrated (even though I felt I had drank loads! but the weather was pretty hot). It didn't show up again and I increased my water intake, which is always fun when you pee constantly anyway :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for replying :) I didn't think to ask my doctor anything further at the time and it was only after my appointment that I realised I never asked if it could be anything more. I was worried it might be my diet (too low carb, etc). I have my big scan next week and hopefully all will be ok at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Oops Dec 2018

Hello Everyone - how are you all?
    I am just back at work after a week of certified leave. I have to say I have a lot more energy today but how long it will last is up for debate! :-)
    I have been feeling a little bit of movement the past few weeks also which is lovely.
    Looking forward to hearing how you are all doing.

xx

Hi Oops, this thread is pretty quiet :) sorry to hear you weren’t well the past week. Was it just tiredness?
    I have my big scan tomorrow. I’m doing the domino scheme so this is the first scan, although we paid for one privately at 10 weeks. A little nervous but mostly looking forward to it. has anyone else had their anomaly scans yet?
    Baby is starting to move quite a bit now. It was only last week I knew for sure that what I was feeling was him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Amber 123

I can’t feel the baby at all :( I’m 20 weeks. I have an anterior placenta so maybe that has something to do with it? I’m feeling well but also feeling HUGE. Ordered travel system today which is very exciting x

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Amber 123 wrote: »
    I can’t feel the baby at all :( I’m 20 weeks. I have an anterior placenta so maybe that has something to do with it? I’m feeling well but also feeling HUGE. Ordered travel system today which is very exciting x

Amber, I had that in my last pregnancy. It does mean the movements are harder to feel so I was told that once I notice I can feel baby move from that day on to really take some time each day that’s suitable and focus on the movements. I used to do it in the morning, Id leave a bottle of water in the fridge overnight, drink it and lie down for 15-20 mins and I would usually feel movements within a few minutes. If your ever unsure don’t be afraid to get checked. I didn’t notice movements on two occasions and went to hospital and both times it was fine. The midwives were very understanding.

Thank you so much for the tip, will definitively give that a go! We are just so excited to feel him/her, it’s hard when you can’t!

• Advertisement

My anomaly scan showed everything was ok - such a relief. How is everyone getting on?
    Has anyone signed up to do antenatal classes yet? I think they are recommended from week 28. Can anyone recommend one in Dublin city centre or south Dublin area?
    Have just started looking at travel systems now and the mind boggles! Any advise from others would be welcome!

My anomaly scan showed everything was ok - such a relief. How is everyone getting on?
    Has anyone signed up to do antenatal classes yet? I think they are recommended from week 28. Can anyone recommend one in Dublin city centre or south Dublin area?
    Have just started looking at travel systems now and the mind boggles! Any advise from others would be welcome!

Stellasmurf, I felt the exact same about the travel system. There seems to be 101 variations on the market and the prices are wildly different! I was so confused until I went to the shop and gave some of them a whirl. It’s impossible to tell from pictures or online review which one will suit you best. We went with the UPPAbaby vista in the end. I just thought it was fantastic quality and I was really impressed with how easily it collapsed and how straightforward it was so clip all the bits into place when assembling. The option we had didn’t include a car seat so we got the Maxi Cosi car seat which is compatible with the base (we had to buy a set of clips so that it can be clicked into the UPPAbaby frame). We also got two isofix bases. It seems overwhelming but if you find a shop that carries a nice big range and a helpful shop assistant you’ll be absolutely fine. I think the travel system is the biggest and most confusing purchase - once that’s out of the way the rest is easy! Happy shopping x

I’m in Wexford General and the weekend antenatal classes are all booked up until
    Christmas! Also, the weekday ones are on quite early which would mean taking a lot of time off work. I’m thinking of booking a private class, maybe one where a midwife comes to your home for a few hours? It might be an expensive option but I like the idea of getting it all done in one day and having someone all to ourselves that we can question!

Stellasmurf, I felt the exact same about the travel system. There seems to be 101 variations on the market and the prices are wildly different! I was so confused until I went to the shop and gave some of them a whirl. It’s impossible to tell from pictures or online review which one will suit you best. We went with the UPPAbaby vista in the end. I just thought it was fantastic quality and I was really impressed with how easily it collapsed and how straightforward it was so clip all the bits into place when assembling. The option we had didn’t include a car seat so we got the Maxi Cosi car seat which is compatible with the base (we had to buy a set of clips so that it can be clicked into the UPPAbaby frame). We also got two isofix bases. It seems overwhelming but if you find a shop that carries a nice big range and a helpful shop assistant you’ll be absolutely fine. I think the travel system is the biggest and most confusing purchase - once that’s out of the way the rest is easy! Happy shopping x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Winterglow

Hi ladies ,haven't posted in a while ,glad to see you are all getting on well,we have our travel system ordered and a few bits and bobs but need to get stuck in and get steriliser etc and nursery furniture soon.I also have an anterior placenta ,had been feeling lots of great movement and now that has all stopped since Monday night,had a quick(3/4 min) scan on Monday morning and baby was good so must have moved but its a worry .We dont get a anomaly scan so we have booked a private one for next friday ,21 weeks today time is going nice and quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

My anomaly scan showed everything was ok - such a relief. How is everyone getting on? Has anyone signed up to do antenatal classes yet? I think they are recommended from week 28. Can anyone recommend one in Dublin city centre or south Dublin area? Have just started looking at travel systems now and the mind boggles! Any advise from others would be welcome!

Are you attending the Coombe by any chance? They do weekend ones for free. I found it better to attend the weekend one with my oh rather than a few evenings or nights by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tiggerific

Hi all! First time posting in this thread. I’m 20 weeks, due 18th Dec with my first baby so it’s all very exciting and scary! Had a rough start to the second trimester, was very sick and was signed off work for a while so glad to be coming out the other side of that now. Still have the odd off day and my appetite hasn’t really come back but I can deal with that!
    Have my anomaly scan in 2 weeks time and will be very relieved when that’s over and we know all is well.
    Delighted to see some thoughts on buggys and all that jazz! Like another poster said, very hard to know where to start!

tiggerific wrote: »
    Hi all! First time posting in this thread. I’m 20 weeks, due 18th Dec with my first baby so it’s all very exciting and scary! Had a rough start to the second trimester, was very sick and was signed off work for a while so glad to be coming out the other side of that now. Still have the odd off day and my appetite hasn’t really come back but I can deal with that!
    Have my anomaly scan in 2 weeks time and will be very relieved when that’s over and we know all is well.
    Delighted to see some thoughts on buggys and all that jazz! Like another poster said, very hard to know where to start!

Hi Tiggerific, welcome! We have very close due dates. I’m Dec 15th. Hoping not to be in hospital for Christmas! My anomaly scan is in two weeks too. I also can’t wait for it to be done! I know we are halfway there but I still feel like we have aaaaaaages to go. Hurry up baby!

Hi Tiggerific, welcome! We have very close due dates. I’m Dec 15th. Hoping not to be in hospital for Christmas! My anomaly scan is in two weeks too. I also can’t wait for it to be done! I know we are halfway there but I still feel like we have aaaaaaages to go. Hurry up baby!

Well if the last 20 weeks goes as fast as the first then we’ll be laughing! I can’t imagine it will through!
    Yeah I’m not keen on being in hospital on Christmas Eve or Day so I’m hoping the baby feels the same way! 😂

bovril wrote: »
    Are you attending the Coombe by any chance? They do weekend ones for free. I found it better to attend the weekend one with my oh rather than a few evenings or nights by myself.

Thanks bovril. I’m doing the domino scheme in holles street. I actually just booked a one day active birthing workshop that was recommended to me. Not sure if I need to do additional antenatal classes.

Trigger I have the same due date as you.

My belly has really popped out this week and I’m starting to look proper pregnant. I had an uncomfortable tight, full feeling in my stomach all day along with small cramps. I’m not sure if it’s baby growing and pushing everything out/up or a slowdown of my digestive system. Perhaps TMI but I just picked up some psyllium husk there so hopefully that will help, ahem, move things along. I am still getting sick the odd evening too but mostly feel ok.
    Travel system wise I am thinking of getting the uppababy vista too..my friend has it and I tried it out the weekend and it seemed really good. Not loving the cost though!

• Advertisement

Thanks bovril. I’m doing the domino scheme in holles street. I actually just booked a one day active birthing workshop that was recommended to me. Not sure if I need to do additional antenatal classes.

Trigger I have the same due date as you.

My belly has really popped out this week and I’m starting to look proper pregnant. I had an uncomfortable tight, full feeling in my stomach all day along with small cramps. I’m not sure if it’s baby growing and pushing everything out/up or a slowdown of my digestive system. Perhaps TMI but I just picked up some psyllium husk there so hopefully that will help, ahem, move things along. I am still getting sick the odd evening too but mostly feel ok.
    Travel system wise I am thinking of getting the uppababy vista too..my friend has it and I tried it out the weekend and it seemed really good. Not loving the cost though!

I look proper pregnant now too. It’s a relief to be out of that phase where I just looked like I was putting on weight! I know, it’s definitely quite expensive but if it’s within your budget I don’t think you’ll ever regret investing. This is our first baby so part of me is looking ahead to a future when we’ll hopefully have another one so I wanted to buy something quite sturdy that I can take out again in a few years. Got the whooping cough vaccine yesterday, arm is sore and a bit swollen. That’s my only real complaint at the moment. I think I can feel baby squirming but not really sure!

I look proper pregnant now too. It’s a relief to be out of that phase where I just looked like I was putting on weight! I know, it’s definitely quite expensive but if it’s within your budget I don’t think you’ll ever regret investing. This is our first baby so part of me is looking ahead to a future when we’ll hopefully have another one so I wanted to buy something quite sturdy that I can take out again in a few years. Got the whooping cough vaccine yesterday, arm is sore and a bit swollen. That’s my only real complaint at the moment. I think I can feel baby squirming but not really sure!

Our budget will stretch to it but we are also trying to save for a house right now so part of me is saying to find a good second hand deal!
    Is the whooping cough an optional vaccine? I’ve heard nothing about it from my doctor..

Our budget will stretch to it but we are also trying to save for a house right now so part of me is saying to find a good second hand deal!
    Is the whooping cough an optional vaccine? I’ve heard nothing about it from my doctor..

I think it’s optional but my GP really pushed it. I think you can get it anytime after 16 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Is the whooping cough an optional vaccine?

It is optional. Have a read of this https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/adult/pertussis/

Your GP and maternity hospital will have dedicated leaflets on it too. My GP, GP's nurse and consultant in the hospital highly recommend it.

bovril wrote: »
    It is optional. Have a read of this https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/adult/pertussis/

Your GP and maternity hospital will have dedicated leaflets on it too. My GP, GP's nurse and consultant in the hospital highly recommend it.

That’s really informative bovril, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Oops Dec 2018

Morning all, so I am in bed with bad back pains today and it's moving ever so slightly into my abdomen. I don't think it's kidney infection as I have no pain when I pee etc. But it's flipping sore.
    Could it be wind? Could it be dehydration? I'm bored here in bed so conjuring up a sorts of root causes.
    Anyone else with a bad back?

Morning all, so I am in bed with bad back pains today and it's moving ever so slightly into my abdomen. I don't think it's kidney infection as I have no pain when I pee etc. But it's flipping sore.
    Could it be wind? Could it be dehydration? I'm bored here in bed so conjuring up a sorts of root causes.

Oh oops, sorry to hear that. I have had a few niggles in my lower back on some days, like a sharp pain when I walk but it never hangs around too long thankfully. I work in an office and have a back support on my chair which I have found helps. I know from reading the other pregnancy forums here that some of the women suffer from something called SPD. Not sure if this fits your symptoms but might be worth looking up? Hope you feel better soon x

Oh no, you poor thing! Lots of rest and chat to your doc if you don’t see an improvement. Whatever you do, try to stay away from Dr Google! I haven’t had any back pain but am getting really irritated by a blocked nose. It’s really keeping me awake at night. Is there some sort of nasal spray I can take safely?

Oh no, you poor thing! Lots of rest and chat to your doc if you don’t see an improvement. Whatever you do, try to stay away from Dr Google! I haven’t had any back pain but am getting really irritated by a blocked nose. It’s really keeping me awake at night. Is there some sort of nasal spray I can take safely?

Amber 123, you can use any salt water based nasal sprays, so like Sterimar. Calpol also do one, it’s for babies but adults can use it too. They are very safe and quite effective. You’ll get them in a pharmacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

tiggerific wrote: »
    Amber 123, you can use any salt water based nasal sprays, so like Sterimar. Calpol also do one, it’s for babies but adults can use it too. They are very safe and quite effective. You’ll get them in a pharmacy.

Jumping in from November X The calpol one is very good I have a bottle in my bag at all times my sinuses are at me on and off all pregnancy, on the whooping cough vaccine in getting it this morning I'm 26weeks now

Advertisement