Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Waiting to be seen. EPU doesn't actually open on a Wednesday so it's a different route. So obviously they didn't get the fax that was sent because there was no one in the office and it would have been tomorrow. Rang my own GP and she told me to come straight in. Midwife is as cold as ice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No, sorry I meant in Rotunda they will check you out and quick scan in A&E and refer you on to EPU for a follow up appointment 7-10 days later. But the A&E check can give some comfort.

Sorry the midwife isn't a bit friendlier.Hopefully it improves.

We are in Galway. Unfortunately maternity here is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Oops Dec 2018

Crikey, isn't our health system so antiquated....still sending faxes and not opening some departments on Wed. Christ....
    Hope you are doing ok dizzymiss.
    I had serious cramping the last 2 weeks but today is ok. My back was also in bits and that had be worried.
    Fingers and toes crossed for you.
    xx

Just home. They did an internal and the cervix is closed and want me to be scanned but they don't do random scanning anymore and I was given an appt for tomorrow morning. So hopefully it's nothing. The Dr was lovely .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

found out today that I’m pregnant with baby no.3! Not planned at all and a huge shock but we’ll manage I’m sure!

EDD is January 7th. However, I was a week early on my first and two weeks early on my second so I’ll be Keeping in touch here too.

Congrats natc. Baby no. 3 here also

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Thanks Dizzymiss, I hope everything works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

HI Dizxymiss, hope you’re doing ok and it’s nothing to worry about.
    Just wondering if/when everyone goes for an early scan? I’m on the domino scheme and the earliest scan they do is at 22 weeks so I’ve decided to book one privately before then. Also if anyone has previous experience on Domino, I’d love to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Dizzymiss I hope you’re feeling a bit better today and things settle from here.

Natc congrats! I’m you in opposite form! On my 3rd and due date is 29th Nov but my other two went two weeks late so getting to know the girls on the December thread too :)

Stella I just booked an early scan at 9 weeks this time but they put me back a week so I was really 8 weeks. On my first two pregnancies I booked one for around the 7+ week mark but again was dated behind so was between 6-7 weeks. Great for reassurance but the baby definitley looked more “babylike” at 8 weeks this time round!

• Advertisement

Had an internal scan this morning. Unfortunately, there's only a sac there, no baby. I've to go back in two weeks for more scanning, incase my dates are wrong and its too early. I dont think it is if im honest. Back in earlier if theres a lot pain and bleeding becomes too heavy. I know the pregnancy was such a huge surprise and everything but I'm completely gutted.

Wishing ye all the very best. Enjoy every min. It's all so worth it xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Had an internal scan this morning. Unfortunately, there's only a sac there, no baby. I've to go back in two weeks for more scanning, incase my dates are wrong and its too early. I dont think it is if im honest. Back in earlier if theres a lot pain and bleeding becomes too heavy. I know the pregnancy was such a huge surprise and everything but I'm completely gutted.

Wishing ye all the very best. Enjoy every min. It's all so worth it xxxx

So sorry to hear this dizzymiss, sending you lots of hugs and prayers xx

Dizzymiss you poor thing, I’m so sorry I can imagine you’re totally gutted. Will cross everything your dates are off and you have better news in a few weeks. Mind yourself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Does anyone have any tips for lower back pain. Nearly 8 weeks and my lower back has been quite sore the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

Dizzymiss I'm so sorry hun. I have fingers crossed the dates are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Dizzymiss I'm so sorry to hear that. Be kind to yourself xx

Dizzymiss hope all will be OK for you. Stay strong.

Had a rough day today. Spotting. Broke down and couldn't cope. Rang on call Doctor who advised while she could not do anything for me I should bring my scan forward to see if my baby was still alive. She then went on at the end of the call to ask if I was happy now....to which I replied eh, no! FFS what was wrong with that woman.

No other sign of bleeding so far so I'm hoping it was just a
    thing....a sign that I should slow down and accept help. Worried but know I can't change anything. What will be will be.
    All I can do is hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Awh Dizzymiss, so sorry to read your updates :( Waiting around is the worst.

Same to you Oops_Dec_2018, hope you are ok since xx

Ah I’m sorry Oops! It sounds like that doctor could do with improving her bedside manor. Hopefully the spotting is just a natural blip and doesn’t continue.

Dizzymiss hope you’re doing ok too.

Well spotting stopped. Have 1st scan this Friday so that will tell a lot. I'm very very nervous really but hopeful.

• Advertisement

It's good that the spotting stopped. Hopefully you will see a healthy baby tomorrow. I have my first scan as well tomorrow. So excited to see little bean!

Hope everyone’s scans go well today! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Looks like I’m out went for a scan at 9 weeks but no heartbeat. Baby was measuring perfectly just no heartbeat also had a scan at 7 weeks and at that stage everything was looking good with a good strong heartbeat so no idea what happened. Absolutely devastated my first pregnancy ended like this, it was a much wanted and loved baby even this early. Best of luck to you all x

I’m so sorry to hear that Lorie, you poor thing. That’s horrible news to get. Mind yourself X

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

So sorry Lorie :( Mind yourself x

Very sorry to hear that Lorie. Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

So sorry for your loss Lorie. Hope get some answers. Give yourself plenty of time x

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else is considering doing Harmony testing. I’m booked in for my first scan later this month with the Merrion Clinic and have asked for this test too. Has anyone had it done there and know of wait times? Also I calculate I’ll be 10 weeks 5 days when I go but my dates have not been confirmed yet. How soon can you do a harmony scan? I’m just wondering in case my dates are off and it will be too soon to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone else is considering doing Harmony testing. I’m booked in for my first scan later this month with the Merrion Clinic and have asked for this test too. Has anyone had it done there and know of wait times? Also I calculate I’ll be 10 weeks 5 days when I go but my dates have not been confirmed yet. How soon can you do a harmony scan? I’m just wondering in case my dates are off and it will be too soon to test.

Popping over from the October thread. I got the panorama test done in Evie in sandyford. They have a trial ongoing that makes it a bit cheaper. I think I was about 10weeks 5days. I think Harmony is from 10weeks and Panorama is from 9 weeks.

• Advertisement

Hello All, scan went well Friday - my dates were about right. Some spotting again yesterday which yet again threw me for a loop....but it stopped and I went to bed early last night to try to give my body the best chance to manage the growth of this new little person. Difficult when I have 3yo and 1.5yo but somehow managed it.
    Really feeling the twinges this time round its mad.
    Was thinking about the Harmony test myself, but figure the outcome really wouldn't change anything for em and the regular scans I get would spot an abnormality that required drastic action.

Advertisement