Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I remember that being a thing when he signed, and why he was okay to be an anchor for the UK brand

With NXT live the last year it's even more unlikely, before when they done the batch tapings he could fly in once a month for the day or two that takes and be done

Youd imagine his Survivor Series appearance hasnt helped matters.

That said hes an obvious star, potential to be Undertaker big. If WWE think he has the same potential I would imagine they could tempt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

NXT UK have announced an 8 man tournament for the Heritage Cup. 7 names have been revealed
    Noam Dar,
    Alexander Wolfe,
    Flash Morgan Webster,
    A Kid,
    Dave Mastiff,
    Trent Seven,
    Joseph Conners.

The show returns properly next week with the tournament kicking off the following week. That same week also sees Kay Lee Ray defending her title against Piper Niven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »

Guess he could also have a few matches if he wanted too

$$$ talks at the end of the day after all his negatively about WWE in the past

Actually think Xia's new look does looks a bit more heel like, somehow.

So next week includes a 5 man gauntlet match with others joining every 4 minutes rather than waiting for someone to be eliminated.

Found it strange Kyle coming to Jake Atlas's aid and confronting Ciampa. With him appearing in the promo video for the gauntlet match, singles push?

After the story they had with Drake earlier, they seem to be turning him into a bit of a joke again.

Wonder how McGuinness feels about them taking on Wade after letting him go. Though will see tomorrow wo's commentating NXT UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »

Wonder how McGuinness feels about them taking on Wade after letting him go. Though will see tomorrow wo's commentating NXT UK.

Did BT Sports not already announced McGuinness is commentating on NXT UK?

Ah, cool.
    Was just checking his twitter and could hear his voice in my head saying then. Really strange.

Think the main shows could learn how to use fake fan noise from NXT UK. I had to check to see if there was anyone in attendance as the reactions seemed appropriate each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

NXT have first dibs on Corey Taylor's new track Culture Head from his forthcoming solo album.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1308798710168670208

anyone think Bobby Roode is behind the new mystery vignettes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bolieve

It's being reported now that the latest Covid outbreak was down to a party thrown by NXT talent and then they spread it out to others.

It's being reported now that the latest Covid outbreak was down to a party thrown by NXT talent and then they spread it out to others.

Daddy Hunter will give them all a good talking too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I saw that. Gob****es the lot of them. Why the hell was there a party of any kind ?

Bolieve

Think him going back to NXT could really help him in the long run

An ultra serious character this time round who looks back at distain on his main roster one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I saw that. Gob****es the lot of them. Why the hell was there a party of any kind ?

A lot of wrestlers are right leaning. A lot of them are young. And Florida is not somewhere thats really doing social distancing.

Being honest, I'm shocked it took this long to happen....

Yep not surprised at all by the aew or nxt outbreaks as tsc a lot of right leaning wrestlers who probably think it’s a hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A lot of wrestlers are right leaning. A lot of them are young. And Florida is not somewhere thats really doing social distancing.

Being honest, I'm shocked it took this long to happen....

I doubt that this current crop of nxt talent especially are what you’d call right leaning. Others in the company may be but whether they are or not surely to Christ they are able to engage their Brains and realise holding a party in a pandemic isn’t the shrewdest move ever. And also a lot of the nxt people are non American so again you’d expect them to have some cop on. Maybe I’m giving them too much credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sami needs to go down there and crack some skulls.

Just reading there that Beth Phoenix has been doing all the commentary from home and hasn't attended any of the tapings.

Maybe this has been common knowledge and I just hadn't seen it before.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think him going back to NXT could really help him in the long run

An ultra serious character this time round who looks back at distain on his main roster one

That might work however it will be really hard for him to get over the turkey there turned him into on the main roster over the last 4/5 years.

That might work however it will be really hard for him to get over the turkey there turned him into on the main roster over the last 4/5 years.

He should of had his brother the fiend take him out on the main roster and then he goes to been a darker character on NXT

Whoever it is I wonder will they appear after the NXT title match at takeover 31 ?

Just reading there that Beth Phoenix has been doing all the commentary from home and hasn't attended any of the tapings.

Maybe this has been common knowledge and I just hadn't seen it before.

Yeah anytime it showed the commentators she wasn't there and someone started dancing on their desk or something before and she said she was jealous she wasn't there.
    Trying to remember but don't think Wade was there this week.

As for this mystery return, apart from Joe I don't think there's any former champion not active on the main roster that I would like to see back in NXT. Nothing against Bo, but if he was to come back he wouldn't really be title level. And Bobby would just still be pretty boring

Yeah anytime it showed the commentators she wasn't there and someone started dancing on their desk or something before and she said she was jealous she wasn't there.
    Trying to remember but don't think Wade was there this week.

As for this mystery return, apart from Joe I don't think there's any former champion not active on the main roster that I would like to see back in NXT. Nothing against Bo, but if he was to come back he wouldn't really be title level. And Bobby would just still be pretty boring

Was Sonya Devile a former NXT women's champion ?

Nope. Though if going by the women, Ember Moon would be the likely one

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Covididiots

Poor Tegan what’s that her third serious knee injury in the last 4 years

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1311357473937330177?s=20

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1311357473937330177?s=20

If it's not a work that is 3 torn ACLs for her since 2017. Rotten luck is an understatement.

Edit: Jinx, Sky!

Poor Tegan. She's gonna develop a reputation of being injury prone.
    I'd say a decent push was on its way soon

• Advertisement

Poor Tegan. She's gonna develop a reputation of being injury prone.
    I'd say a decent push was on its way soon

Can't say it isn't earned, in fairness. Three ACL's in three years is unheard of for me. They're gonna be super-wary of pushing her.

Advertisement