Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is this 205 live stuff ??

I remember the masked kidnapping stuff but not any of this

so the mystery person was Ember Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Toni Storm is bland as they come.

Fair play to Ember, her injury was supposed to be very serious.

cant remember seeing a Finn vs Wade Barrett match ??

Can see Kyle being kicked out of UE and Finn to defend him. Loved heel Finn but that's over now sadly

great main event

So a former/current NXT Uk group led by Finn vs UE ?? Im in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not sure if that was a message to UE or to Finn.

Those allegations against Dream have really aged him.

Not a fan of Toni, but it's so strange having 2 women turn up to confront Io and both could be considered a threat, along with others in the back. Then you look at Raw and Smackdown and struggle to think of who could fight for the title.

Actually found the ref spot in the women's match to be well done. And here I thought very few could kick out of a belt shot.

Overall a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 85,509 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    can anyone see Kyle O Reily win the title ?

Hard to guess who the mystery person is ? think it will be Bo Dallas or Ember Moon

Was it Ember?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it Ember?

Yep, suppose better option for her than been lost on the main roster

A British and Irish stable led by finn would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 85,509 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Cole might be heading to Raw or SD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »

Hopefully nothing too bad and the speculation is only kayfabe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hmmmm....Ridge was injured and stretchered out which is a shame as his feud with Cole looked interesting. In the segment between the two Ridge mentioned he got a new mercedes out of attacking Cole which suggests he's the hired gun for someone else.

So either the storyline is scrapped or they jump straight to who Ridge's benefactor is. I'm guessing Roddy.

Yeah once it happened I thought something was wrong. Obviously he was meant to catch Oney and stay standing but I watched it again and can see his leg bend awkwardly.

Looked like one of Ever Rise was injured as well. I know Drake's light but being power bombed on to someone can't be good for the receiver.
    Speaking of Drake, think I said before but why have they made him a comedy act again after his story during the Cruiserweight title tournament? Again, I know he's small so the comedy act is probably all they can think of.

Dunno what was going on with that Austin Theory match. His opponent looked like a Cheeseburger wannabe. And an example of overdoing the flippy stuff.

Not taking anything from Kushida, but what are they doing with Ciampa lately? After being dominated by Kross he's not really done anything and doesn't seem like the champion. and then they had him looking at the commentators? Planning on a feud with wade?

Robert Stone got competition as a manager? Boa with Xia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yikes that Ridge Holland injury was a nightmare, that's a bad one. Worst timing as well, could be a career ender but he'll be gone a long while either way.
    Ember Moon's new music sucks, like a lot of the new themes recently as the CFO$ fallout continues.

Glad Finn didn't have to relinquish.

Was trying to find info on Ridge's injury

Finn Balor: Broken jaw and oral lacerations
    Kyle O’Reilly: Contusions and swollen liver
    Ridge Holland: Left ankle dislocation and fracture; right knee patellar dislocation and ruptured patellar tendon
    Dakota Kai: back and neck pain

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So ridge Holland did a version of Sid in wcw 2000. Poor ****er. Also nxt need to lighten up. You can make it look stiff without actually breaking each other’s jaws and loosening teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There does seem to be a lot of injuries in NXT in 2020.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So ridge Holland did a version of Sid in wcw 2000. Poor ****er. Also nxt need to lighten up. You can make it look stiff without actually breaking each other’s jaws and loosening teeth.

Yes it's idiocy. I would go along with Cornette's view on the issue; why am I meant to be impressed with athlete's kicking the sh1t out of each other for real for a predetermined result? It's called performance art these days so I suppose that gives wrestlers carte blanche on how they want to present themselves, but it just comes across as desperate to me. It's just a small time indy mentality where dudes were overcompensating or felt they had to do so. The frustrating thing is that Balor and O'reilly are well capable of putting on an entertaining and competitive match without literally taking lumps out of each other.

Look at Bret Hart who is on the record in saying he took pride in being able to have a quality wrestling match without ever being injured or injuring his opponent.

No updates this week lads....must be a sign of things.

Main thing I took away from this week is that a significant shift is needed soon, so I would expect the Garganos to leave Halloween Havoc as champions.

While Jericho and MJF are doing everything to milk a tease of a feud which went down like a lead balloon this week, Ciampa got over his feud with Dream in 40 seconds and with 2 words. Looking forward to that one.

I'm looking forward to Shotzi as host of HH I'd say she will be in her element.

Thought I posted here.
    Was gonna say they seem to like Shotzi. Though I guess her character suits Halloween Havoc.

I hope Ciampa goes right through Dream. Ciampa needs something like that after how he's been treated lately.

Wonder if Hartwell will play a part in the match against Io.

Thought this was a good video from Devlin from NXT UK this week. Though no idea when there'll be a payoff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No updates this week lads....must be a sign of things.

Main thing I took away from this week is that a significant shift is needed soon, so I would expect the Garganos to leave Halloween Havoc as champions.

While Jericho and MJF are doing everything to milk a tease of a feud which went down like a lead balloon this week, Ciampa got over his feud with Dream in 40 seconds and with 2 words. Looking forward to that one.

I'm looking forward to Shotzi as host of HH I'd say she will be in her element.

Cant stand Shotzi.

Hate her stupid tank entrance, makes her look like a child.

Hate her mic skills, besides having a good evil laugh shes poor.

Shes nothing special in the ring for me.

I just dont see the appeal.

OK, I actually liked that ending.
    of course it means Breezango aren't champs anymore but I do think Danny and Oney deserve a run. Probably doing the reveal earlier than planned due to Ridge's injury

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Feels like there starting concentrating on their own product and less on the counter programming recently

So was Ridge Holland going to be apart of the new stable ?

Well he said he was paid to attack Cole but likely, yeah

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well he said he was paid to attack Cole but likely, yeah

Interesting and makes the injury seem worse now if he was going to be in a team with Burch and Lorcan

Wonder will they address being left out of Survivor Series.
    They were pretty dominant last year.

midnight start, might as well watch it live, hopefully it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cannot stand Gargano.

• Advertisement

Shotzi is looking good but by god she's irritating and will prob get worse as the night goes on

So Priest is a face now who dances around to some messy guitar solo

Advertisement