Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With NXT UK back this month will they get Nigel back for that I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are filming NXT UK in the BT studios will commentary be done on post production.

I can see commentators flying back and forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read spoilers for tonight's main event on Reddit, they could be false, but if they're not it is one of the most baffling fúck you decisions I've seen from WWE in a long time.

Just remembered it's on tonight this week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Read spoilers for tonight's main event on Reddit, they could be false, but if they're not it is one of the most baffling fúck you decisions I've seen from WWE in a long time.

Tell me Finn gets injured and gets replaced by Dream.

Now thats the worst I can think of.

• Advertisement

Becomes a Fatal Five Way with Nia added and she wins.

So this week NXT goes up against Wrestle House?

I'll throw it in spoilers. Remember, it may be fake...
    Apparently there is no winner tonight. There is a draw between two wrestlers and they will have a singles match next week.

A 60 fúcking minute iron-man match and they can't give a definitive winner. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'll throw it in spoilers. Remember, it may be fake...
    Apparently there is no winner tonight. There is a draw between two wrestlers and they will have a singles match next week.

A 60 fúcking minute iron-man match and they can't give a definitive winner. Ridiculous.

wouldn't have believed it even yesterday, but the second Tuesday nxt next week makes me think it's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well that was a disappointing result. Talk about milking something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

No definitive winner after a 60 minute Iron Man match is brutal, more horrendous booking for the WWE universe to put up with.

• Advertisement

Why no overtime, like plenty of iron-man matches in the past?

Desperate booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im not going to bother watching that now once i know the finish is that bad

Damning evidence...

exr59w8vdpk51.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bryan "AEW Fanboy" Alvarez doesn't like NXT anymore since AEW started... well sir I for one am SHOCKED!

Instead of making their show better they’ve been too much trying to pop a rating. I think this happens all wrestling shows but especially prevalent with NXT.

Go back to their first few weeks on USA it was actually just a really good show with surprises, good matches and storylines

You can only counter program for so long till you burn through every idea and match and talent and the WWE are heading that way with NXT trying to counter program AEW instead of just doing there own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It wasnt a bad show but yeah the main event scene is very counter booking.

The 6 man street fight was a great opener. Loved it.

All 6 men did well and Swerve is fantatsic. Defo a star.

The womens match was fine and the Reed Thacter match was also decent, albeit both matches were cold.

Not a fan of Ironmen matches. All 4 guys worked so hard, but th3 match lacked drama until the final 5 mintues. Then no winner angle was a let down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

First time watching NXT in months as was looking forward to the main event but as people said it kinda felt flat imo.

They should have just done extra time between Finn and Cole for an overall winner but now with the 1 on 1 match it defeats the purpose of the gimmick of the match. I also felt 60 mins was a bit of drag imo, i think a 30 min then extra time would have been more interesting.

Loughc wrote: »
    Bryan "AEW Fanboy" Alvarez doesn't like NXT anymore since AEW started... well sir I for one am SHOCKED!

He's not wrong. All the stars of NXT have been utterly lost in their throw sh1t at the wall response to AEW. The amount of multi mans with no proper feuds is maddening.

If they have any sense they'll put the title on Balor and let him motor through the challengers for a good year and then see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Should of done qualifying matches and then had the final next week for the title instead of these drawn crap

Do we really need another Adam Cole title run

• Advertisement

Then Regal referred to it as sudden death. I'm sure it's also known as a normal match.

Keith Lee being catapulted from North American champion to double champion to NXT champion to Raw call up in the space of 2 months is the main example of how much NXT has detoriated. I mean Vince clearly had his fingerprints all over that one and it was purely about positioning him for a main roster call up rather than about making NXT better.

Now they're stuck with two titles that have been significantly devalued, and no one to compete for the main title but superstars who have become stale in the exception of Balor.

Charlotte Flair's dalliance did nothing for the show either, only serving to slow down Ripley's push to almost a shudder.

Their persistence with Dream has also damaged the brand.

I still feel their persistence with Baszler for as long as they did caused damage to the women's roster as well.

The show just isn't anywhere near what it was 3/4 years ago.

This would actually be a good thing to permanently move to Tuesday

Mainly cause then I wouldn’t have to hear about demos every Thursday

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1301212403380690944?s=20

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IqaQ6iV.jpg

849k 10th ranked cable show of the night.

USA want to move to Tuesday nights and are in talks with WWE to move.

Looks like AEW are winning the war ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

NXT just not elite enough for Wednesday night.

Fcuk it I'm over this Wednesday battle anyway. Good on all involved if the decision is made to move to Tuesday.

Impact won't be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Would be much better tbh.
    NXT was one of the big things that got me into wrestling properly.
    Their booking has gone to the dogs especially with counter programming schtick.

The show was great but lately since AEW kicked off and the show has been less consistent, I find myself binging it to catch up before a Takeover. If they can have better ratings and a better show on Tuesday then they should move.

Advertisement