Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2018 thread - Mod warning post #3147

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Patww79 wrote: »

bore off Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I am referring to the specific posters who are Dublin fans (I amn't generalising Dublin fans) that keep on harping on about ho much they hate soccer etc.

I don't tend to have digs at other counties at all. It is the reality that the GAA accomodate Dublin GAA more. They are a massive cash cow

It doesn’t look like that. They don’t actually, it’s all perception, you think they do, others don’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Patww79 wrote: »

Sweet suffering J***s. That and there are posters on here, a thread title All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2018, complaining about people being anti soccer.

Irony really is a foreign land to some :)

• Advertisement

ArielAtom wrote: »
    It doesn’t look like that. They don’t actually, it’s all perception, you think they do, others don’t.

Ewan Mackenna had a very balanced article on it a few months back how financial incentives clearly compel the GAA into favouring Dublin in many facets. There are hyperbole threads on her about the subject which are best ignored.

But you would want to be very ignorant to think the GAA's prized chalice isn't Dublin football.

Ewan Mackenna had a very balanced article on it a few months back how financial incentives clearly compel the GAA into favouring Dublin in many facets. There are hyperbole threads on her about the subject which are best ignored.

But you would want to be very ignorant to think the GAA's prized chalice isn't Dublin football.

The kikdare native and his fanboy Gilroys plus balanced do not go together, the man has an inherent hate for all things Dublin. Please god you don’t actually think he speaks the truth, he posts on a lot of forums under different names trying to enlistst support.

The kikdare native and his fanboy Gilroys plus balanced do not go together, the man has an inherent hate for all things Dublin. Please god you don’t actually think he speaks the truth, he posts on a lot of forums under different names trying to enlistst support.

You see, this is the thing. You can't discuss the subject without being labelled anti-Dublin. Neither can any journalist do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

We badly need a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

keane2097 wrote: »
    We badly need a few games.

Yep. Got my ticket today. Mother from Kildare so herself and the sister are coming up for the games. Should be a good day out and hopefully Kerry and Kildare do the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yep. Got my ticket today. Mother from Kildare so herself and the sister are coming up for the games. Should be a good day out and hopefully Kerry and Kildare do the business

Yeah my old man is going to come up to Limerick Saturday evening so we'll go watch the U20s and then travel up and down on Sunday.

You see, this is the thing. You can't discuss the subject without being labelled anti-Dublin. Neither can any journalist do so.

I never once said anti Dub, your words not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

No need for the hate let’s talk super eight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep.

Plus, when you go around liking tweets approving of Dublin players being stabbed in the neck.....you don't exactly win yourself bonus points in the fair and balanced department. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    No need for the hate let’s talk super eight

I agree. I think The Talking Bread should start expressing the love on the basis that Kildare's championship has been restarted and they are where they are right now. More Kildare stuff and less moaning about Dublin.

Wouldn`t mind seeing Galway win that one. It would shake that group up a bit.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I agree. I think The Talking Bread should start expressing the love on the basis that Kildare's championship has been restarted and they are where they are right now. More Kildare stuff and less moaning about Dublin.

Ah, come on. That isn't fair. I wasn't "moaning about Dublin" at all. You are taking hat I said completely out of context. And you know you are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ah, come on. That isn't fair. I wasn't "moaning about Dublin" at all. You are taking hat I said completely out of context. And you know you are.

Not really, it's just really bonniedog from Dublin that's anti soccer, there's Charlie and others from other counties that support him and each to their own, it's the gaa forum after all.

I even agreed with some of your posts on it and we don't really get on!!!

I'm not posting on this line anymore. Reminds me of my old man, hated soccer unless Kevin Moran was playing

(Watched a lot of it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It is fair. I'm following this thread and if I'm forced too, I could easily point out all the "moaning about Dublin" you've done. It wasn't out of context as I'm not even talking about the Soccer/WC aspects. You're a Kildare supporter. FFS embrace what you have achieved so far. After the Carlow game, it looked game over. I'm delighted for Kildare and I know you are too, so more of that from you instead of the little jibes against Dublin.

It is fair. I'm following this thread and if I'm forced too, I could easily point out all the "moaning about Dublin" you've done. It wasn't out of context as I'm not even talking about the Soccer/WC aspects. You're a Kildare supporter. FFS embrace what you have achieved so far. After the Carlow game, it looked game over. I'm delighted for Kildare and I know you are too, so more of that from you instead of the little jibes against Dublin.

Go on then. Enlighten me. What little jibes are you on about????

And I have been very vocal about Kildare on here, and backed them even after that game, defending them after the league hile posters on here looked at the results on paper and didn't see the bigger picture where they are as a team. Perhaps read my posts if you are going to throw around accusations of "moaning about Dublin". Which I genuinely haven't a clue hy you came to such an assumption

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Not really, it's just really bonniedog from Dublin that's anti soccer, there's Charlie and others from other counties that support him and each to their own, it's the gaa forum after all.

I even agreed with some of your posts on it and we don't really get on!!!

I'm not posting on this line anymore. Reminds me of my old man, hated soccer unless Kevin Moran was playing

(Watched a lot of it though)

If I am the Charlie you are referring to I am not anti soccer.
    I`m totally indifferent towards it simply because it bores me to death.

Seriously pal, lighten the fook up.:rolleyes:

Ah, yes.....very good. Thanks for the advice. You literally just logged in to Boards to say that

charlie14 wrote: »
    Wouldn`t mind seeing Galway win that one. It would shake that group up a bit.

I'd say Monaghan will beat them in Clones so really should be looking to beat Galway and Kildare.

Also I'll be at the game and want to see them win. Fcek off and stop trying to ruin my day out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m glad the provincial winners play each other first as it means the losers from both will have to win their final 2 games to get through

Bonniedog wrote: »
    As one of possibly major contributors to the soccer thing I promise to desist from this post forth!

Like Charlie I don't hate the game, used to play it and it was genuinely interesting 30 years ago. Just soap opera now, and followed by similar types.

My reactions were to people including Talking Bread and Spursheroes - who I don't actually recall seeing before on general GAA topics - coming out with nonsense about matches being fixed for Dublin's benefit and so wouldn't clash with World Cup.

Soccer is obviously their first love, so good luck to them. If you don't want to watch the hurling and football on sunday it is unlikely that a band of hurley wielding Christian Brothers will descend on your house or pub to persuade you to do otherwise.

I addressed this little pathetic dig and you conveniently didn't reply. I have almost 1,400 posts on GAA, 10% of my posting history and believe it or not, I have other avenues in my life where I discuss and play GAA.

Again, pathetic,. Noone said soccer was anyone's first love, you are trolling clearly now on the subject! I don;t think you are as informed about the game as you think you are anyway! Most of your posts are desperate attempts at silly humour!

I'd say Monaghan will beat them in Clones so really should be looking to beat Galway and Kildare.

Also I'll be at the game and want to see them win. Fcek off and stop trying to ruin my day out :pac:

Fair enough, Monaghan in Clones are usually formidable, but I just have a feeling they are a bit off the pace this year in the championship having peaked a bit early towards the latter end of the league. Backdoor games against Div 4 teams will not have done much to get them back up to the pace imo. Plus they have a terrible record in Croke Park.
    Regardless of how it goes Sunday I cannot see Kerry not qualifying for a semi-final. Just think it would shake that group up a bit if Galway were to win.

Enjoy Clones, or at least the game if you are going. Clones itself is a bit of a half horse town.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I’m glad the provincial winners play each other first as it means the losers from both will have to win their final 2 games to get through

True enough, but for the two provincial losers it will not seems much reward for winning their provincials.
    See your point though. It will be dog eat dog for the last two games.

Fair enough, Monaghan in Clones are usually formidable, but I just have a feeling they are a bit off the pace this year in the championship having peaked a bit early towards the latter end of the league. Backdoor games against Div 4 teams will not have done much to get them back up to the pace imo. Plus they have a terrible record in Croke Park.
    Regardless of how it goes Sunday I cannot see Kerry not qualifying for a semi-final. Just think it would shake that group up a bit if Galway were to win.

Enjoy Clones, or at least the game if you are going. Clones itself is a bit of a half horse town.

Yeah they've hardly been tested but neither have Kerry, always a cracking game and I'm sure they'll up it in front of a home crowd. I'll head up alright, it's only 90 minutes from me now so no excuse not to. Won't be hanging around the town anyway cos I'll be driving so in and out jobby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

The way the 8s are panning out is surely an argument for returning to straight knockout?

If, as think will be the outcome, that Dublin, Donegal, Galway and Kerry qualify for the semis it makes a pretty conclusive case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

What about the sophisticated night spots of the Busted Sofa and the Paragon? Best place to head for before a match in Clones is Newtown across the border, and helps traffic wise too.

Advertisement