Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So does hell exist or what

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Pope Francis is a false prophet Christ warned us about 2000 years ago!. A disgusting vile human being the Pope is. He needs to repent more than anyone. Can't fathom why anyone follow this Charlatan and Liar. Hell is very real from the Bible. Just 3 quotes.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50Francis is a massive false prophet, he needs to repent more than anyone. A disgusting human being. Can't fathom why anyone would follow this false prophet, Christ warned us 2000 years ago about liars and Pied Pipers like him!. Hell is very real.

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. Mark 9:43

The list goes on and on but you get the message.

But seriously anyone following the Pope and his false Church is massively deceived.

Jesus Christ Lord, Messiah and Savior saves us from Religion.

Hallelujah!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Well there's a can of worms reopened. Wasn't this being discussed with some vigour by two of our regular contributors recently?

Of course, Francis hasn't abolished Hell. He wasn't speaking ex cathedra, for one thing (one could take the alternative view that one cannot abolish that which didn't exist in the first place).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Hell is very real from the Bible. Just 3 quotes.

Hallelujah!.

Yeah, that's what makes it real

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Pope Francis has been coming out with some very suspect (heretical) statements. I don't trust him. I'll bet he's either a Freemason or heavily influenced by them. Our Lady has warned us about this sort of thing several times in her apparitions.

Having said that I remain a faithful Catholic.

[EDIT]
    https://www.ncronline.org/news/vatican/vatican-claim-pope-denied-hells-existence-unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

This coming from a man who canonised two children who had a vision of Hell.

• Advertisement

kelly1 wrote: »
    Pope Francis has been coming out with some very suspect (heretical) statements. I don't trust him. I'll bet he's either a Freemason or heavily influenced by them. Our Lady has warned us about this sort of thing several times in her apparitions.

Having said that I remain a faithful Catholic.

[EDIT]
    https://www.ncronline.org/news/vatican/vatican-claim-pope-denied-hells-existence-unreliable

Its the Jesuits that run the show of the Catholic Church not the Freemasons.

Put your faith in Christ its the only way to God!.

Its the Jesuits that run the show of the Catholic Church not the Freemasons.

Put your faith in Christ its the only way to God!.
    I've heard that theory but I haven't researched it. But I've come across a lot a material giving evidence that the Church has been infiltrated by Freemasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

But seriously anyone following the Pope and his false Church is massively deceived.

Hallelujah!.

I'm guessing Francis thought the theory behind hell - and who controls it, and so who exactly is committing souls to an eternity of torture - is a little bit psychopathic and untenable for a Christian God.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Think he's simply asking people to think outside the box, not a simplistic view of heaven and hell

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Achasanai wrote: »
    I'm guessing Francis thought the theory behind hell - and who controls it, and so who exactly is committing souls to an eternity of torture - is a little bit psychopathic and untenable for a Christian God.
    Hell is not a theory. Jesus mentioned it several times, more than heaven in fact.

• Advertisement

Hell was created for Satan and its Satan that captures souls there and does as he pleases with them. NOT GOD!.

God gives us a lifetime to repent. Takes oh 3 minutes maybe?. But most rather go on selfishly ignoring the creator and sinning hence the messed up World we have. Look at most people are they spiritually happy?. Rich celebs etc?. Nope its meaningless junk without meeting Christ.

God loves humanity hence Jesus coming to Earth to atone for mans sin/wickedness.

Man could never reach Gods holiness so holiness came to man.

The Pope is head of a false church. A liar and deceiver he is.

Bible explains the rise of false Churches.

Hell is not a theory. Jesus mentioned it several times, more than heaven in fact.

The theory behind hell. You can have a theory behind a real thing.
    Hell was created for Satan and its Satan that captures souls there and does as he pleases with them. NOT GOD!.

So, God created hell as a place of punishment and torture for people's eternal souls?

What's confusing (to me) is that God prepares hell for those who reject God/Jesus. Does that not include Satan? And yet here you have it, that Satan is the one capturing the souls and that he 'does as he pleases with them'.

The theory behind hell. You can have a theory behind a real thing.

So, God created hell as a place of punishment and torture for people's eternal souls?

What's confusing (to me) is that God prepares hell for those who reject God/Jesus. Does that not include Satan? And yet here you have it, that Satan is the one capturing the souls and that he 'does as he pleases with them'.

Hell is for Satan not humanity. Its Satan turns it into a place of torture as he despises God and his creation. Up to you where you CHOOSE to go.

Its in there in the Bible amigo!.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

erm, in what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As has been pointed out previously, why would Satan torture people who are apparently going along with him, certainly going against God by not accepting him. The basic logic is so flawed its hard to take it seriously. If you were going to take any of it seriously anyway.

Hell is for Satan not humanity.

But a significant majority of humanity are being tortured there, right?
    Its Satan turns it into a place of torture as he despises God and his creation. Up to you where you CHOOSE to go.

But what sort of place was hell supposed to be before Satan turned it into a place of torture? What intention did God have for hell before Satan was thrown in there?

kbannon wrote: »
    erm, in what?

That's fair enough. If you accept biblical references to Jesus, it can easily be a fact that he mentioned hell more than heaven. In the same way that it is a fact that Harry Potter referred to Snape and Dumbledore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Pope Francis is a false prophet Christ warned us about 2000 years ago!. A disgusting vile human being the Pope is. He needs to repent more than anyone. Can't fathom why anyone follow this Charlatan and Liar.

Spoken like a true Christian...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Pope Francis is a false prophet Christ warned us about 2000 years ago!. A disgusting vile human being the Pope is. He needs to repent more than anyone. Can't fathom why anyone follow this Charlatan and Liar. Hell is very real from the Bible. Just 3 quotes.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:50Francis is a massive false prophet, he needs to repent more than anyone. A disgusting human being. Can't fathom why anyone would follow this false prophet, Christ warned us 2000 years ago about liars and Pied Pipers like him!. Hell is very real.

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. Mark 9:43

The list goes on and on but you get the message.

Hallelujah!.

When you use the word 'us' here, what 'us' are you referring to?

Catholics or mankind?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell beneath us
    Above us only sky.

Hopefully the religious zealots wake up soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kbannon wrote: »
    erm, in what?

Choice A - the atheist handbook
    Choice B - the Bible

Clue... It's not A;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My Mother-in-law's gaff is a fair approximation of the bibical hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pope Francis is a false prophet Christ warned us about 2000 years ago!. A disgusting vile human being the Pope is. He needs to repent more than anyone. Can't fathom why anyone follow this Charlatan and Liar. Hell is very real from the Bible.
    I love how balanced this post is :D

Disclaimer: the above post does not reflect the opinions of all contributors to this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

branie2 wrote: »
    This coming from a man who canonised two children who had a vision of Hell.

This is a very good point. So the Pope doesn't believe the events of Fatima actually happened based on this recent statement. So why did he canonise them?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

hobie21 wrote: »
    Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell beneath us
    Above us only sky.

Hopefully the religious zealots wake up soon
    MOD NOTE

Please be aware that you're posting in the Christianity forum and referring to Christians as 'religious zealots' is not appropriate.

Please raise the standard of your posts if you wish to avoid further moderator actions.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I know it might sound reductive but didn't the catholic church already do away with limbo? If they can do that, then surely they can decide hell doesn't exist as a place either.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Choice A - the atheist handbook
    Choice B - the Bible

Clue... It's not A;)
    So the fact is from B (the bible)?
    Really? Actual facts?
    So Christianity is no longer based on faith?

I find it rather bizarre to say that Christianity is not a religion. What is it then? Nothing more than a one-to-one relationship with Jesus? No need for a Church?

And your Pope Francis comments are just off the insanity scale. Reminds me of the "Rev" Ian Paisley.

[EDIT] Sounds like a journalist is stirring the sh*t:
    https://aleteia.org/2018/03/30/3-times-pope-francis-warned-about-hell/?utm_campaign=english_page&utm_medium=aleteia_en&utm_source=Facebook

I know it might sound reductive but didn't the catholic church already do away with limbo? If they can do that, then surely they can decide hell doesn't exist as a place either.

As I recall the RCC created limbo, so I suppose it is entitled to do away with it too. Though they never said what they had done with the residents, I think. Hell was around for rather longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Limbo was never a place, nor was it ever a Catholic doctrine. It was a speculative theology term used by speculative theologians to mean "we don't know".

The media are the least truthful and least reliable source of actual Catholic doctrine / news.

Advertisement