Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So does hell exist or what

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

iamtony wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. God created us humans, to be who we are on this planet. But if we reject him we go to hell? Why would he create humans who reject him just so he could send them to hell? Are we bad people because we dont believe in a god? He made us this way did he not? I Consider myself a really really good human being. I do a lot of good things but it doesn't matter if my mear mortal brain god created can't follow Christianity.
    I personally believe that if Jesus existed and there is heaven, he can not morally keep you out of there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I think your tone of questioning might be too abrasive, I understand where youre coming from but its that kind of attitude that gets any type of discussion shut down

Sadly that is true. If people dont like what they hear they shut you down if they can. All I have to say before it happens is get religion out of schools and hospitals and be pro choice and do t try Control others. If there's a god he won't send you to a hell for using the brain he created.

I personally believe that if Jesus existed and there is heaven, he can not morally keep you out of there

Exactly and thus we have no need for churches except to make money and power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

So let me get this straight. God created us humans, to be who we are on this planet. But if we reject him we go to hell?

Yes that's correct. Why would anyone who hates God, good and love, want to spend eternity with him ?
    Why would he create humans who reject him just so he could send them to hell?

Well they send themselves to hell and choose it, they hardly want to spend eternity with a God they hate. God wants everyone to go to heaven, but like any loving parent he also gives us free will to make our own choices.
    Are we bad people because we dont believe in a god?

No, I've no issue whatsoever with anyone who just simply genuinely does not / cannot believe.
    I Consider myself a really really good human being. I do a lot of good things but it doesn't matter if my mear mortal brain god created can't follow Christianity.

I only take issue with false claims about Christians or Christianity. So perhaps as part of being a really really good human it might be an idea not to do that.

Exactly and thus we have no need for churches except to make money and power.

You're free to do as you like, genuine Christians are also free to come together in their Churches or anywhere else they choose, and celebrate Christianity and none of that has to do with money or power, so as a really really good human being, please don't make the false claim that the only need Christians have for Churches is money or power.

• Advertisement

Who claims he does keep really really good human beings out ?

Bob_Marley wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. Why would anyone who hates God, good and love, want to spend eternity with him ?

Well they send themselves to hell and choose it, they hardly want to spend eternity with a God they hate. God wants everyone to go to heaven, but like any loving parent he also gives us free will to make our own choices.

No, I've no issue whatsoever with anyone who just simply genuinely does not / cannot believe.

I only take issue with false claims about Christians or Christianity. So perhaps as part of being a really really good human it might be an idea not to do that.

I can't do that multiple quoting thing you just did but literally nothing you just said makes any sense what so ever. For example. If someone hates God. It's because God created him and the world he lives in and controlles every síngle thing he does or says so if he hates God thats God's will there for God can't really hate him because he made him that way and will want him in heaven

im pretty sure thats basic common knowledge in the bible

For not worshipping him obviously. Otherwise why all the churches.

I can't do that multiple quoting thing you just did but literally nothing you just said makes any sense what so ever. For example. If someone hates God. It's because God created him and the world he lives in and controlles every síngle thing he does or says so if he hates God thats God's will there for God can't really hate him because he made him that way and will want him in heaven

How does God control every thing you do and say ? You are free to do, say and choose whatever you want.

• Advertisement

im pretty sure thats basic common knowledge in the bible
    For not worshipping him obviously. Otherwise why all the churches.

It is ? which Christian Church claims this and where ?- Proper sources please.

You're free to do as you like, genuine Christians are also free to come together in their Churches or anywhere else they choose, and celebrate Christianity and none of that has to do with money or power, so as a really really good human being, please don't make the false claim that the only need Christians have for Churches is money or power.

Can you be buried in sacred ground if you aren't christened these days? A really really innocent baby must be christened at a cost before they can have a Christian burial do they not?

How does God control every thing you do and say ? You are free to do, say and choose whatever you want.

is a baby born with no legs free to do anything it chooses? why was it born with no legs in the first place?

Oh really I thought you believed God has chosen out path in life if not I apologise on that one. Anyway God makes us but then sends us on our way and if we dont adhere to his strict rules on life we go to hell. OK.

Can you be buried in sacred ground if you aren't christened these days? A really really innocent baby must be christened at a cost before they can have a Christian burial do they not?

Do you mean can you be buried in a Catholic owned church graveyard for Catholics if you are not a Catholic, or can you be buried in a Protestant owned church graveyard for Protestants ? Not that I know of, but I'm sure some people have. Other than that people who are buried in municipal / county council owned public graveyards.

is a baby born with no legs free to do anything it chooses? why was it born with no legs in the first place?
    That a different conversation but I would argue why would God allow a baby to by born into such a dire situation. Surely at this stage is God's existence we would all he perfect specimens. Can they almighty not choose for us to be perfect at this stage and make life easier for the rest of his souls or is the whole universe just a big test for the afterlife?

It is ? which Christian Church claims this and where ?- Proper sources please.

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son" (John 3:17-18)

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son" (John 3:17-18)

Oh your good ha!

Oh really I thought you believed God has chosen out path in life if not I apologise on that one. Anyway God makes us but then sends us on our way and if we dont adhere to his strict rules on life we go to hell. OK.

What strict rules ? Love one another, and love God (if you can believe in him)

and is it not true that you can commit many evil acts in a lifetime but if you accept Jesus as your savior in the final moments before your death you will enter his kingdom of heaven?

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!" (Romans 5:10)

that doesnt seem fair

• Advertisement

Scripture, contains an entire library (bible) of books, not single out of context quotes.

e.g. Pslam 14.1 "There is no God"

What I asked you to provide is what Church teaches what you claim Christianity teaches and support it with an authentic original link to their teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Hell temporarily closed for refurbishment works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 retired00

hell is real
    most marxists will go there
    unless they change their ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Well I'm agnostic, some religious people believe they'll go to heaven, others somewhere else.

You'll get atheists slagging them off, bigging themselves up, giving it the "you're all delusional effort"

The thing is if heaven is real, religion 1 atheists 0 if it's not real it's a draw.

Because there will be nothingness.

People live away bring up their family's,do good in life, look after their friend's.
    Respect others, forgiveness is a big thing in Christianity, something which isn't so forthcoming in new age spirituality.

If one is a pure practising Christian and don't harm anyone non confrontational or judgemental they're already in heaven.
    Because cognitively they're emotionally balanced, they accept life on life's term's
    They don't even think about who's going to burn in hell or worry about other people's lifestyles.

I'd love to live in eternity, it sounds like fun.
    I love life, ive had an adventurous life and I'm definitely a sinner.
    But the options there for me to decide to become a Christian but I'm not ready or certain there's an afterlife.
    So I couldn't fake it to make it.

Nature never forgives so they say.

If a wave sweeps you off the rocks, anothers on the way to smash you back in again.

What strict rules ? Love one another, and love God (if you can believe in him)

Your mad my friend. God came with a message of love through jesus if that's true. If he loves each and every one of his children then he would not send any of them to hell. Nobody has to worship him or anything else like it. I'm sorry hit its all mumbo jumbo. I'm not going to try convince you all night because no matter what I say your going to ignore but hopefully more rational human being who are looking for answers stumble upon this thread. Good night and God Bless.

Scripture, contains an entire library (bible) of books, not single out of context quotes.

e.g. Pslam 14.1 "There is no God"

What I asked you to provide is what Church teaches what you claim Christianity teaches and support it with an authentic original link to their teaching.

Pslam 14.1
    "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As an atheist I guess I'm not really asking you, not being smart but I'm just trying to get into the heads of believers.
    In response to number 1) what God would be so cruel to exclude you from heaven for not worshipping him of you were just about to start worshipping him before he decided to take you, or give you Satan.
    2)converts probably account for 0.0000000001 percent of members of religions.whatever about having a belief system but thinking the creator of the world would want everyone to go worship him every Sunday since the year zero. So for the coupe of million years before that did every just go to hell then?

Firstly, He's not excluding people from heaven for not worshipping Him. People exclude themselves by not repenting and believing in the One who died to save them. Hell was created for Satan and his angels, not for mankind. But our rebellion against God aligns us with Satan's rebellion with the same fate..

All true Christians are converts. Jesus referred to it as being Born Again. Transferring from darkness to light, from one kingdom to another.
    I was part of a religion. I believed in Christ and was converted to Him. It literally means a change of mind.

and is it not true that you can commit many evil acts in a lifetime but if you accept Jesus as your savior in the final moments before your death you will enter his kingdom of heaven?

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!" (Romans 5:10)

that doesnt seem fair

Yes, but it would have to be an absolutely genuine change of heart, and I don't think God would be fooled by anything else.

As for not being fair, if God didn't give everyone every last possible chance, you'd probably also be the first to claim that wasn't fair either. So which is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭redrums

To be Honest I think its more believable that Jesus was an alien , Than Heaven and hell actual exist .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

redrums wrote: »
    To be Honest I think its more believable that Jesus was an alien , Than Heaven and hell actual exist .

Believable by whom?

Advertisement