Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Happy at how adorable my retriever is in his new Superman bandana.

Happy at how gorgeous it was on top of Sugarloaf this morning and how I'm constantly reminded of how beautiful Ireland is.

Happy that I've discovered the podcast Serial. Lying in the sun listening to it is pure bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy at how adorable my retriever is in his new Superman bandana.

Feel free to post pics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Chatting to a four year old today and in deep conversation about jobs people do " what would you like to be when you are older ? " I asked
    She thought about it for a while then with conviction she said
    "A mermaid Nana "

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yes, bed. A constant and consistent happiness...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes, bed. A constant and consistent happiness...

I love my bed too !

• Advertisement

Cooler air, and the blissful thought of wind and rain to freshen the thirsty earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Waking up to the Halo Infinite trailer.

Delicious cool air coming in through the open door and the prospect of rain and wind in forecasts.. BLISSSSSSSSSS

Almost all the overdue letters are done, out for the postman to take..last one needs rewriting as hands are bad and it was illegible..even to me! ;)makes me happy as they were on my mind...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TH: I now have a rolling 4 month old!

TA: He rolled over to reveal that he's just had a poonami.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up to the Halo Infinite trailer.

Never played halo but Th for fallout 76 also :3.

Never played halo but Th for fallout 76 also :3.

Halo 3 renewed my love for gaming.
    I’ve never gotten massively into fallout. I’ll have to give it another whirl :D

TH I have a cup of tea waiting to be enjoyed by me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Had some shocking but maybe very helpful news today. Stunned yet it could make me very happy...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We organised a street party yesterday, bunting in all, and it was amazing to see all the neighbours come together and have a laugh and eat and be merry.
    The best bit was all the kids flying around full of sugar and being adorable mad yokes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th I'm going to see the new Jurassic park movie tonight, I love the films even though the last 3 weren't great :-/ but I love the books even more :D.
    I’ve never gotten massively into fallout. I’ll have to give it another whirl :D

:eek:

Drop whatever you're doing and go play fallout 3 right now

Right after you make me that cupan tae you promised me of course :pac:

Th I'm going to see the new Jurassic park movie tonight, I love the films even though the last 3 weren't great :-/ but I love the books even more :D.

:eek:

Drop whatever you're doing and go play fallout 3 right now

Right after you make me that cupan tae you promised me of course :pac:

I only read the first one.
    Fallout is officially added to my must do list :)
    Milk and sugar in the tea?

TH I have an excuse to put the kettle on again :D

I only read the first one.
    Fallout is officially added to my must do list :)
    Milk and sugar in the tea?

TH I have an excuse to put the kettle on again :D

Just milk thanks :pac:

Happy to have good neighbours. And so strong! HE CAME DOWN THE DRIVE WITH A GAS BOTTLE IN EACH HAND!

I cannot lift even one!

They do the same with bags of coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My missus found flips in a shop here. You don't know how much I love these German peanut crisp delights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    My missus found flips in a shop here. You don't know how much I love these German peanut crisp delights.

I got excited for a moment, but then I remembered you were over there.
    Flips are incredible, I think that we've already had that discussion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Whenever I see the name the infinite fart appear it gives me a giggle! :pac::D
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Just hit me; the sheer wonder of living where i take it for granted that I leave gas cylinders out by the road!
    Anywhere else, they would be stolen..

Just never thought of it before..

Of course no one could even get them off the island without the ferryman!

Awesome place!

and not a single vehicle has passed here on the only road all day!

In bliss!
    Aww I hope someone helps you out Grace. What was up with them agan, were they empty or something I can't remember what you said? Surely someone will be along to give you a hand soon, you seem to have good Neighbours around you. :)
    I can confirm he is indeed the friendliest dog known to mankind! He's so affectionate and likes to lick you incessantly as if you were a piece of ham! :)
    Ooohh oohh do bones and fart know each other?! Or do they "know" know each other?!? :o:pac::D This is funny! :pac::D

And what I came here to say. Jelly Beans make me very happy! Sweet-tasting goodness of Childhood. It's a shame the adult in me is thinking bloody heck some of them especially the red ones must have some serious teeth-wrecking poisonous Colouring or whatever in them when they are so strong-tasting, but boy they taste lovely and sweet.

Sorted, posted already! Best neighbours ever; respect privacy and there when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Passport staff in the airports who used to be gardai but it's now Department of Justice civil servants and how they say "welcome back Mike"

They don't have to do it, I'm sure the job can be boring at times

Doesn't happen everytime of course, just now and again. It always puts a smile on my face :)

How the colour palette of wild flowers is changing as the season progresses.... Whole fields of bog cotton now, so soft to touch and a white orchid I have yet to ID fully.. Bliss ambling along the lane with the dog - and cat.

Oh look at this site! They used to use it!
    https://www.mayo.me/a-good-year-for-bog-cotton

Such lovely photos of Mayo skies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Having a frosty beer in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I work in a hospital in admin. On Friday, I was walking through one of the main waiting areas and I saw this old man in a wheelchair reaching for his crutches so I went over to ask if he wanted some help. He said yes so I handed him his crutches and he also had a paper bag with some clothes in it and was trying to figure out how to balance everything. He asked me "could you wheel me down that hall?" so I said grand, no problem, he gathered up all his stuff and off we set. He was chatting away as we were going along. I passed someone I know and she mouthed to me "who is that?" and I mouthed back "I don't know" and we were smiling away.
    So anyway wheeling him "down that hall" turned into bringing him all the way down to the ED:pac: I parked him up and he thanked me and I headed back to my office. He didn't seem terribly unwell but he was quite pale and his speech was a bit low and slow so I was thinking about him over the weekend, wondering about him being on his own:(
    Today, I saw him in the main waiting area again, this time with no crutches or wheelchair, scoffing a chocolate muffin and drinking tea so, hopefully, that means he's feeling better:D

These types of people seem to just **know** how to pick me out, I always get myself in these situations. Another day, an old man with a stick sent me off to buy him a bottle of 7up:pac: he tried to give me the change as a tip:pac:

erica74 wrote: »
    Today, I saw him in the main waiting area again, this time with no crutches or wheelchair, scoffing a chocolate muffin and drinking tea so, hopefully, that means he's feeling better:D

These types of people seem to just **know** how to pick me out, I always get myself in these situations. Another day, an old man with a stick sent me off to buy him a bottle of 7up:pac: he tried to give me the change as a tip:pac:

Happens to me too erica..I rather enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finding an old picture of when the love of my life was a baby
    https://ibb.co/bA8S3T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Knowing that I have no obligations tomorrow and can just chill :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement