Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Knowing that I have no obligations tomorrow and can just chill :D

Jammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Knowing that I have no obligations tomorrow and can just chill :D

Story of my daily life! Enjoy! Happy at the coolth. Came back to bed from the kitchen to find cat in my bed... He is in sheer bliss...That makes me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm grumpy and gloomy but I opened this thread and I have to post here.

I actually have a bittersweet not-so-TH this week : we got a diagnosis of Asperger's for our son (very light, very high functioning), it's the end of a long process of assessment, and the go ahead for support for him.

But I feel like I betrayed him.

Oh, and there's a nice TH : I got a lovely yellow paper solar lantern in Lidl to hang off the awning of the campervan on our holidays. It looks cheery and helps our little man spot the van easier when he comes back from a toilet trip at the campsite. (I know, lucky, campervan, holidays, TH)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Absolutely not!!

Such is life. He's still your wonderful loving son. This only allows you to understand his needs better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I actually have a bittersweet not-so-TH this week : we got a diagnosis of Asperger's for our son (very light, very high functioning), it's the end of a long process of assessment, and the go ahead for support for him.

Oh, and there's a nice TH : I got a lovely yellow paper solar lantern in Lidl to hang off the awning of the campervan on our holidays. It looks cheery and helps our little man spot the van easier when he comes back from a toilet trip at the campsite. (I know, lucky, campervan, holidays, TH)

You didn't betray anyone, you sound like a great mother to me anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Absolutely not! As said above, such is life, and at least now you'll be able to get him the help and support that he needs to excel in life.

My TH today is that I got a letter from the student loans people telling me I'll get a loan to cover the full costs of my tuition fees if I do decide to move to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Had some soup for lunch. Its the first thing I've eaten since before the weekend, I was surviving on coffee.
    I feel a bit better. Baby steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Like other posters have said, you couldn't know in advance if he had a condition, and by nature, you have been doing the best you could to help overcome any issues he's had up to now. You cant know for sure what of your/partners genetic mix will come out in your children. At the end of it all, he is your son and you love him no matter what his label is.

You've done more than most following up and getting a report which will open so many doors for him and ease any frustrations he'll have in the future. I know two aspburgers teens, just flying through their uni courses, they are the envy of lots of their classmates for their grades( their classmates know nothing of their conditions)

I know at this point, little helps with the guilt, but you are doing great, and once things have settled for him, so will he!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TH: I now have a rolling 4 month old!

TA: He rolled over to reveal that he's just had a poonami.

Made me chuckle.. wonderful new word..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just booked my train and luggage hold for my weekend away, topped up leappie yesterday.

Throw a few things in a wheely and I'm all ready to go.:):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks everyone for the support, I know it's the right thing to do really, I just had to get it off my chest, it's a right mix of feelings getting a diagnosis.

I am happy for him, because he felt the difference without quite knowing what it was, now he'll be able to rationalize it in his head, and he will get the support he needs.

TH I called into Maxizoo to get nuts to settle my cat's stomach and he loves the taste of them and had a good feed.

He's old, and had been loosing lots of weight, vet investigated but we don't know why. Recently he put back on 500 g so I was thrilled, but now he has diarrhea again... :(

I got the Royal Canin sensitive stomach nuts (for cats :) ), they say they can restore micro-biome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Cut the grass at the weekend and afterwards took my shoes off and was walking barefoot.
    They say that smell and touch can provoke a bout of nostalgia.

The feeling of bare feet on hot lawn on a scorcher of a day reminded me of the days back in primary school during June and sprinting on the school lawn preparing for the city sports in Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

TH about remembering those happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Another TH for today, after initially getting a price of €450-€500 to fix the paintwork on my car, I went to someone else who comes highly recommended, quoted me €160 all in! Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ted thanking exactly the same time as me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ted thanking exactly the same time as me :)

I am watching each thread you are in.

:P

Happy for the cool air and rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy for the cool air and rain...

Please send the rain to County Carlow, my plants are looking sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I have WiFi again \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

As I was driving in to work this morning (I usually go by train), outside the Frascati shopping centre in Blackrock a car pulled out in front of me, to avoid an obstruction in his lane. I beeped a warning that I was in his blind spot and as I overtook him a few yards down the road he gave an apologetic wave, which I thought was nice, as many people just give you abuse now even when they're clearly in the wrong. I gave him a "no harm done" wave back but I don't know if he saw it.

Further on, approaching the Merrion Gates, a cyclist in the far left lane signaled that he wanted to move out so the could turn at the crossing. I hung back to give him room to do so and he gave me a thumbs up over his shoulder, which was nice. It makes up for all the times you let people out and they can't be bothered even acknowledging it.

• Advertisement

:eek:

Drop whatever you're doing and go play fallout 3 right now

Seph, I started fallout and it’s soooo good. I’m addicted :o

I’m TH for Seph ordering me to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

...and when you've done that...Fallout New Vegas...then Fallout 4. :)

You're gonna be busy.

storker wrote: »
    ...and when you've done that...Fallout New Vegas...then Fallout 4. :)

You're gonna be busy.

I do like having a to-do list :)

storker wrote: »
    As I was driving in to work this morning (I usually go by train), outside the Frascati shopping centre in Blackrock a car pulled out in front of me, to avoid an obstruction in his lane. I beeped a warning that I was in his blind spot and as I overtook him a few yards down the road he gave an apologetic wave, which I thought was nice, as many people just give you abuse now even when they're clearly in the wrong. I gave him a "no harm done" wave back but I don't know if he saw it.

Further on, approaching the Merrion Gates, a cyclist in the far left lane signaled that he wanted to move out so the could turn at the crossing. I hung back to give him room to do so and he gave me a thumbs up over his shoulder, which was nice. It makes up for all the times you let people out and they can't be bothered even acknowledging it.

I love it if when I have pulled over to let cars and lorries pass, they signal a thank you ...cars seldom do but lorries tend to.. and I always signal thanks or wave if anyone helps me eg crossing the road

NOT going there! Far too easily.. grabbed!
    When I was new to computers there was a free game called Snakecharmers that had me entranced..

BIG GRIN here! My relationship with ESB after the 5 months without power debacle which only a threat of legal action sorted, and with Electric Ireland who have kept sending me the wrong bills for horrendous amounts, is not an easy one.

I use very little electricity hence gas cooker etc..

And was in credit with my former address account.

So last week I got a bill well into 3 figures.... estimated and when I read the meter it was 3 times what I had used... Corrected it online and waited for the right bill

Yepl they resent the big one in rather stern language.. So i went online and to the chat facility and today the corrected tiny bill came... I had already paid a sum online anyways

It never used to be like this...

But very happy it is sorted ..worries else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Insurance for the car is 300 less than with my old vehicle.
    Tax is 550 less.
    Mpg is near double.
    Shoulda changed cars ages ago but very happy with the savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A gentle rain is falling on a very parched garden.

Yay \o/ :D

Which one? FO3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Today is my Friday.

Off now for a week & a half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement