Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Missing a bolt on my caliper - where would you got to pick up a single bolt?

I would try Ebay to be honest....

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.XCaliper+bolt.TRS0&_nkw=Caliper+bolt&_sacat=0

....Depending on the make/model.

Alternatively, I would be inclined to ask in a local motor factors. They maybe able to order a replacement. Or offer you better advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Missing a bolt on my caliper - where would you got to pick up a single bolt?

I got one off a local scrappie before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I got one off a local scrappie before

Cheap tenner off the main dealer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

A tenner for a caliper bolt?! I should hope not! :O

Bolts usually aren't that expensive, even from a main dealer, at least not in singular form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Interslice wrote: »
    Cheap tenner off the main dealer too.

You'd get titanium ones for that.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    You'd get titanium ones for that.
    dar83 wrote: »
    A tenner for a caliper bolt?! I should hope not! :O

Bolts usually aren't that expensive, even from a main dealer, at least not in singular form.

I was drunk give me a brake!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Interslice wrote: »
    I was drunk give me a brake!
    :eek:

I'll give you a bolt for a brake! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Looking at the map of road closures for next weekend....

Can't help but think of This

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Go on limerick! Some final nearly shat myself with nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

davycc wrote: »

As a Galwegian living in Limerick, I think I'll stay below in Kerry and hide for another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Mum is from Limerick so I've been slagging that side of the family about how much I wanted Galway to win (I studied there for a year and had a mighty time living there, so I would normally support Galway when Cork aren't playing), because I know how much support they'd give us in Cork if the roles were reversed, but truthfully this was almost as good as Cork winning!

I also thought it was lovely the way Dreams was played once the match was over and it was so nice to see images of Dolores O'Riordan on some Limerick flags as well, what a fitting tribute to Limerick's finest musician and band.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As someone who lives in Limerick, I kind of afraid. I hope "special" people wont be going around celebrating by vandalising other people property parked next to the house.

Motoring related:

Where could I get a set of wipers? Dealership were kind enough to do health check up on my car during service and wanted to sell me two wipers for 57eu. Worth getting it online or usual halfords or local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

As someone who lives in Limerick, I kind of afraid. I hope "special" people wont be going around celebrating by vandalising other people property parked next to the house.

Motoring related:

Where could I get a set of wipers? Dealership were kind enough to do health check up on my car during service and wanted to sell me two wipers for 57eu. Worth getting it online or usual halfords or local motor factors.

Call into Top Part by the cement factory and they will sort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

davycc wrote:

Great ending, first half was fairly dull. Well deserved win!!

Hopefully Mayo can experience similar joy soon :o Can relate to the long wait for silverware....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Motoring related:

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ibiza Cupra 2017 I think (older model)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Might stick this on the car for the week that's in it :D

pope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ibiza Cupra 2017 I think (older model)

Thought that. I got free wipers last week with BM dealer using their BM first subscription which is free for first month.

OSI wrote: »
    3k on the clock and seeing a long term average of 5.6l/100km (50mpg). ..........

Incredibly decent.

The Sorento is at 39.6mpg at an average speed of 53kph over the last 4300 kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Well lads, long time no speak :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm assuming your nick means you drive a civic?
    Not many of them left around these days :)

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm assuming your nick means you drive a civic?
    Not many of them left around these days :)

Nah, haven't driven an EG since 2013 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Welcome home nick! The 10year site ban must be up lol

Welcome home nick! The 10year site ban must be up lol

7 years would you believe :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

7 years would you believe :eek:
    The mods must have gotten the 7 year itch

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why is it these days drivers still feel the need to have a phone stuck to their ear? If there's not Bluetooth built in,then it's only about a tenner for an earpiece.
    Yesterday a major accident was avoided by literally seconds.
    A guy in a recovery truck with phone to his ear and speeding in a 50kph zone hit the kerb and bounced across the road and missed an oncoming 4x4 by inches,he continued on still speeding seemingly oblivious to the carnage he narrowly avoided.
    I was sitting at a junction and witnessed all this and was bracing myself for the impact.

Rant over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Why is it these days drivers still feel the need to have a phone stuck to their ear? If there's not Bluetooth built in,then it's only about a tenner for an earpiece.
    Yesterday a major accident was avoided by literally seconds.
    A guy in a recovery truck with phone to his ear and speeding in a 50kph zone hit the kerb and bounced across the road and missed an oncoming 4x4 by inches,he continued on still speeding seemingly oblivious to the carnage he narrowly avoided.
    I was sitting at a junction and witnessed all this and was bracing myself for the impact.

Rant over.

baffles me, especially when you see them driving the exact same model car as you are and you know it comes with bluetooth for calls as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Interesting to see someone choose to attack Leinster House with a battered old Micra.

Interesting choice of car.....

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Interesting to see someone choose to attack Leinster House with a battered old Micra.

Interesting choice of car.....

Best use for one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I can't imagine it even scratched the paint on the bollards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement