Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Augeo wrote: »
    Are the engine warning lights no longer an issue?

No, he said warning light was down to loss of communication to dash. It had been acting up for a good few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Washed the Golf this weekend first time since about Christmas. It was that dirty the automatic number plate recognition in work stopped being able to read the front number plate about 2 weeks ago :o

Out of all the cars I’ve had the dirty look really doesn’t suit it partly because it is white in colour and partly just because of the type of car it is. My Megane, A4s etc. always took being dirty a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭User1998

Quick question. My 2006 civic 1.4 dsi instrument cluster was throwing up engine warning lights. Local mechanic installed a 2nd hand one for me. It's now reading a lower milage (presumably the milage of the donor car). Any way to get this changed to the proper milage without incurring much cost? Car isn't worth a whole pile but i wouldn't like to be accused of falsifying anything if i were to sell it. I presume the NCT certs will look strange now.

Google “Mileage correction Dublin” there are a few ‘companies’ that will do it for you. Companies as in polish lads that clock cars, you’ll probably be the first person to actually use their service correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

User1998 wrote: »
    Google “Mileage correction Dublin” there are a few ‘companies’ that will do it for you. Companies as in polish lads that clock cars, you’ll probably be the first person to actually use their service correctly

Ha, you're probably right. I had just assumed that this info was in the ecu and the dash would display what's on ecu. Will there be any issue at nct as my car will have lost 30k since the last test? I presume my local mechanic doesn't have the equipment to amend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ha, you're probably right. I had just assumed that this info was in the ecu and the dash would display what's on ecu. Will there be any issue at nct as my car will have lost 30k since the last test? I presume my local mechanic doesn't have the equipment to amend this.

NCT won't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Haven't seen it noted here yet but a sad Monday for Australia and NZ as GM confirmed its killing Holden yesterday. ☹

End of this year is the last time you'll be able to buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Wibbs wrote: »
    He may as well dream there as in bed M. I'd even be willing to bet that if he put it up for sale at 2400 quid he'd be waiting longer than he imagines before he'd get an actual concrete buyer even at that price. He'd do better in the UK alright, if he dropped the price by about 4 grand...
    Yeah, I just didn't reply :pac:
    ' wrote:
    Ouch, but yeah significantly less of a headmelt than a headgasket.
    Lesson learned, took 2.5 hours to bleed the system after putting a new rad in tonight, and along with that used a quarter tank of juice while doing so :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lesson learned, took 2.5 hours to bleed the system after putting a new rad in tonight, and along with that used a quarter tank of juice while doing so :o

2.5 hours?
    What the hell were you doing to the poor car? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CianRyan wrote: »
    2.5 hours?

I thought you were dead. :D

Just looking at your signature 7 years ago you got rid of that car. I remember when you posted the pictures of it hanging onto the back to the truck driving off. 7 years ago, mad....time is flying.

I thought you were dead. :D

Just looking at your signature 7 years ago you got rid of that car. I remember when you posted the pictures of it hanging onto the back to the truck driving off. 7 years ago, mad....time is flying.

Heh, I occasionally lurk from time to time but I don't spend as much time thinking about cars outside of work any more.:p

Yeah it's nuts man, there's been a few more of my cars leaving me on the backs of trucks.
    My MX5 left in boxes on the back of a trailer and my RX8 came home twice on a recovery truck and then finally left me on a recovery truck. Having over heated it 3 times, I wasn't going and putting an engine in it, the person that bought it had it up for sale a few days later claiming the engine had been rebuilt but he "lost the receipt". :pac:

After that I hated cars and drove a terrible Volvo XC70 for about a year, sold that (in bits) and I've picked up a lovely Swift Sport last week which I love. So yeah, I like cars again so here I am. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

MX5 gone. :(

The RX8 gone also.

The Swift Sport are cool little cars. I prefer the seats in the Ignis Sport though.

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish not having a Mazda to be honest. I'll probably have to start saving for an RX7. :pac:

I'd love those Recaro fishnets in my car, they are so 90's. :cool:

2.5 hours?

Tedious process, not a scrap of water in it to begin with as I fully flushed it. Not joking took that long for the fans to come on :O

Also I messaged that fella who was selling the 8, swore down that it was rebuilt two owners ago... Didn't realise he was talking to the owner 2 owners ago :D

Bloody hell, man, I probably would have been throwing a stat at it at that stage. Bloody boxer nonsense.

Hahaha, ah man he was mental. Calling me up asking me how to change the plugs and all even though he told me he was a mechanic. God only knows. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Exotic Italian supercar catches fire? Well I never. :eek: ;)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I have the car on done deal at the minute. I just got a text from one of those we buy any car type places....

Hi, we're looking to buy BMW 3 Series cars, if you'd like us to make an offer, add the car here https://www.cashoffernow.ie/How-it-works/123456

The trailing numbers on my link were different and when I go to "my" link the form is prefilled with some of my details which I thought pretty clever as they are lifting it from the ad. I changed the numbers and some other persons details populated. Fair enough until I see they have my surname too. I don't have my surname on my ad, so where are they getting that from? Are they affiliated with done deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I have the car on done deal at the minute. I just got a text from one of those we buy any car type places....

Hi, we're looking to buy BMW 3 Series cars, if you'd like us to make an offer, add the car here https://www.cashoffernow.ie/How-it-works/123456

The trailing numbers on my link were different and when I go to "my" link the form is prefilled with some of my details which I thought pretty clever as they are lifting it from the ad. I changed the numbers and some other persons details populated. Fair enough until I see they have my surname too. I don't have my surname on my ad, so where are they getting that from? Are they affiliated with done deal?

Google chrome auttofill?

€25 for this little piece of loveliness today :D

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Google chrome auttofill?

Don't think so, tried incognito too but not sure if autofill does its thing there too. If I change the number I get other seller mobiles, names, county etc but just curious where the feckers got my surname, not that it really matters but still.

• Advertisement

Don't think so, tried incognito too but not sure if autofill does its thing there too. If I change the number I get other seller mobiles, names, county etc but just curious where the feckers got my surname, not that it really matters but still.

Ohhh...one for the data commissioner there

• Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

D5-C5-AA52-E8-E4-49-AD-A7-A1-8-C7-F918667-E4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They handler the change of ownership....

Some real good proof reading right there....

Sounds like Borat

Seems to be a company registered in the Isle of Man.

My guess is they skimmed the details when I put the ad up a few days ago. I remember now I had my full name on it when I published it, then updated it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish not having a Mazda to be honest. I'll probably have to start saving for an RX7. :pac:

I'd love those Recaro fishnets in my car, they are so 90's. :cool:

16 grand for a nice stockish rx7 there the other week. I've awful ideas about a 1600 euro rx8. Not to mention looking at 800 euro ones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A mate of mine got an RX8 recently. For feck all too. Some goes in it. I can see why the rotary have the following, very smooth.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The RX8 is going to be a car that people will want in a few years time and will be like the Toyota twin cam. You can get an RX8 now for pittance but there's not that many options for the 231 model.

In a few years time an RX8 with a rebuilt engine will be the new cult car. The thing is that for 95% of them, the newest one you can get is already 12 years old. Very few R3s made it onto the old tax system here and I've seen them with €2,350 tax which is outrageous for that kind of car. You can tax an F10 M5 for that kind of money albeit a much more expensive car to buy.

Still miss mine :( Just thinking back to the fact that I paid €23,500 for mine in 2007 :eek:

• Advertisement

The emissions are horrendous on them, that’s why they’re expensive to tax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement