Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Are there diesel cars in Japan?

Yes.

Nearly every second taxi on the roads of Dublin in the 90s and 00s was a Jap import diesel Corolla.

You can get plenty of diesel F30 3 series' and the likes in Japan these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are there diesel cars in Japan?

What do you want a turf burner for anyway. The sooner they start banning them the better.

I'm sure there is plenty of used electric and hybrids over in Japan and in the future to be picked up which is the way things are heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Marcusm wrote: »
    As 192s not 201s?

Ordered for Jan delivery, so a 201.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes.

Nearly every second taxi on the roads of Dublin in the 90s and 00s was a Jap import diesel Corolla.

You can get plenty of diesel F30 3 series' and the likes in Japan these days too.

Remember all the white Camry's going about...

Spewing out black smoke.

My parents had a diesel corolla back in late 90's early 2000's. N/A and had a different badge on front and Toyota badge on back. Learnt how to drive in it by reversing in and out of garden. Learned how to use the clutch properly.

I remember picking up my first car with my sister and drove it home. No lessons and probably not insured(I wasn't) and drove the 40 mins back to the house. It was a great feeling going around the bends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

What do you want a turf burner for anyway. The sooner they start banning them the better.

I'm sure there is plenty of used electric and hybrids over in Japan and in the future to be picked up which is the way things are heading.

Why the heck don't the Government ban diesel buses and lorries in cities?

Create an delivery hub outside cities and the final mile will be delivered by electric infrastructure.

As a cyclist I ingest this smog on a daily basis ! Who can I sue?

My parents had a diesel corolla back in late 90's early 2000's. N/A and had a different badge on front and Toyota badge on back. Learnt how to drive in it by reversing in and out of garden. Learned how to use the clutch properly.

I remember picking up my first car with my sister and drove it home. No lessons and probably not insured(I wasn't) and drove the 40 mins back to the house. It was a great feeling going around the bends.

I'm not sure having no insurance while driving is something to be scoffed at!

Remember all the white Camry's going about...

Spewing out black smoke.

Those were the days! There was a few old Mercs with the obligatory Nissan Diesel engines smoking around town (literally) until about 5 or 6 years ago. I still remember a gold W126 always parked on the O'Connel st rank, and a blue W123 estate on Eden quay.

I'm not sure having no insurance while driving is something to be scoffed at!

It was over 18 years ago. I know that is no excuse but I did insure it the next day and have always had insurance since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Create an delivery hub outside cities and the final mile will be delivered by electric infrastructure.

Don't cycle. Save your energy and use the public transport that will be running regardless of you or not ?

By using the bus or tram or train our roads could be nicer with another cyclist off them.

Too many times have I come up behind a cyclist hogging the middle of the driving lane when there's a freshly built cycle track on a footpath , and the clown just there because he feels entitled to be and when I go to overtake what do they do ? They put the bloody hammer down just to be ignorant and make overtaking difficult putting others at danger !

Me hole. Enough is enough. Cyclists need to cop the fook on and be subject to fines etc too !

If there's a cycle lane there they should be made use it or pay a fine
    In traffic, plotting yourself in front of a bus at a traffic light is holding up over 50 people on the bus unnecessarily !

Me hole.

• Advertisement

All buses are to be hybrids from now on.

650 or so SG types from 2014 to 2019.

The Nox emmisions is something close to 16 times less on the bus compared to a vw golf.

2006 AX which are the worst for smoke and emmisions are near all gone.

When behind one of them o found my breathing very restricted and the smell was shocking too.

Those were the days! There was a few old Mercs with the obligatory Nissan Diesel engines smoking around town (literally) until about 5 or 6 years ago. I still remember a gold W126 always parked on the O'Connel st rank, and a blue W123 estate on Eden quay.

I still can't believe there are almeras and even not that long ago a sunny....

Such dirt.

If I'm paying a decent price to get a service you want something roomy and comfortable which they were nowhere near.

I don't get the love for the Prius either as I find them tiny and cramped and many I e been in the suspension etc has been terribly bad.

I still can't believe there are almeras and even not that long ago a sunny....

Such dirt.

If I'm paying a decent price to get a service you want something roomy and comfortable which they were nowhere near.

I don't get the love for the Prius either as I find them tiny and cramped and many I e been in the suspension etc has been terribly bad.

Those Peugeot Teepee things on every street corner and rank are awful yokes, I hate the sight of them. Along with the Prius they must be the most numerous yokes out there now. I genuinely miss the variety you used to see...plenty of big old W210 Mercs, Lexus GS and LS etc.

Was in a 142 Lexus GS recently, which was lovely. Seeing a few new hybrid Corollas and Camrys around too.

Don't cycle. Save your energy and use the public transport that will be running regardless of you or not ?

By using the bus or tram or train our roads could be nicer with another cyclist off them.

Too many times have I come up behind a cyclist hogging the middle of the driving lane when there's a freshly built cycle track on a footpath , and the clown just there because he feels entitled to be and when I go to overtake what do they do ? They put the bloody hammer down just to be ignorant and make overtaking difficult putting others at danger !

Me hole. Enough is enough. Cyclists need to cop the fook on and be subject to fines etc too !

If there's a cycle lane there they should be made use it or pay a fine
    In traffic, plotting yourself in front of a bus at a traffic light is holding up over 50 people on the bus unnecessarily !

Me hole.

What a complete load of jibberish!

I am a professional cyclist and it are car drivers like yourself that are a major hazard in cities especially those ignorant taxi drivers that cut you up and stomp on the brakes right in front of you and think it's okay because they put their hazards on.

I've purposely whacked mirrors of cars that do this to me and find it hilarious seeing the ignorant taxi driver waddling around in his blubber (fat). A Garda intervened once and took my side and reprimanded the taxi driver for engaging in dangerous driving.

Have you seen how unreliable public transport is and how many times the luas is out of service at rush hour? I'd have cycled my journey by the time I will have waited not to mention in an environmentally friendly manner!

Are you a taxi driver btw?

I see each cyclist and bus user and of course walker as another person not in a car and adding to the shocking traffic we have.

Unfortunately as I work in Dublin but can't afford to live there I have to commute 164km a day to get there and back...

What's worse imo is those that won't and never will work get to choose to be able to live in Dublin.

Workers should be looked after so much better but with the absolute plonkers we have in power and the absolute do-gooder gombeens we are actually screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I have a 95 Corolla diesel. Pulled it out of a tiny little shed where it was parked up for 10 years. Fresh battery and a drop of diesel and off she went. Done the brakes and tyres passed the test first time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I am a professional cyclist

Tour De France professional or delivery boy professional?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Looking for some quick advice, preferably from someone who has done it recently.

What’s the best way to pay for a UK car? Revolut seems to be about 500 saving over a bank. Seeing some other transfer services too but have never used them. Debit card I think has a limit.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Tour De France professional or delivery boy professional?

.......as in a triathlete!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

.......as in a triathlete!

Isnt that just someone who failed at been a proper athlete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone ever owned one of these? I'm driving an e46 325i for two years now but I could afford something with higher running costs and there's some great deals in the UK at the moment.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Isnt that just someone who failed at been a proper athlete?

No darling.......(as I peer over at my full trophy cabinet)

And how does that make you professional in dealing with traffic in a busy city and deal with rules of the road ?

You've fookall about ya

No I'm not a taxi driver but I am a professional, I sometimes cycle myself plenty of places, I used to have a motorbike which I used for motorway and Dublin city, I have a car which I use for work from countryside to city (4am starts etc) , I drive coaches, trucks and have driven things I wasn't supposed to !

I've had advanced driver training from different agencies, I undergo regular training and check testing from the RSA, aswell has having every category for teaching and training. Aswell as currently licensed to do driving, teaching and assessing by insurance companies for new drivers trying to get insurance.

What the fook qualifies you to put on a bit if Lycra and get on two wheels in a busy city ?

Quite frankly ask me hole.

Lord above I pity your ignorance!

And as an aside , every tom dick and harry has them courses done.

Your message screams that you suffer from inferiority issues.

I won't list or explain my qualifications, you won't like it!

I pity you lil man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

A mod should probably ban me and that other clown for a while before it gets nasty !

And ban the entertainment that's sure to follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Please explain your qualifications :D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Please explain your qualifications :D

I'd love to but we all know KSL's inferiority issues and how he retaliates and lashes out when he's upstaged.

And it doesn't take a lot to upstage that lil man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

The gesture control for radio has stopped working in the wife’s G30.

I’ve checked the sensor and it appears to be working ok.
    All of the correct options in settings etc are as they should be .

It’s due a service in a few weeks but I’d be Interested to know has anyone come across it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Looking for some quick advice, preferably from someone who has done it recently.

What’s the best way to pay for a UK car? Revolut seems to be about 500 saving over a bank. Seeing some other transfer services too but have never used them. Debit card I think has a limit.

I have used revolut twice with UK, once with dealer and once private. No hassle at all. Depending on the amount, it may be worth while paying for premium. The premium membership gives you free exchanges, so if the exchange fee is more go premium. Also then you get "turbo" transfers so should be with them the same day. Revolut may also ask for proof of earnings if it's over a certain amount,I think about 30k but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Official launch today of the new Octavia:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Looks a lot better in estate form I think. Although I'd imagine the more sportier versions will look much nicer than the saloon they have in that clip.

Nice interior, big departure from the last model.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement