Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I had Kumhos on my MPS and I found them very good. They wore quickly though but that's what happens with a sticky tyre especially with 4WD.

I have them on the wife's Audi and find them fantastic and wear very well. I think it's KU39 Sport is the type, anything else like Pirelli was only lasting 16k kms on the front..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The ones I had were Ecsta SPT

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had Ecstas on my Brava 18 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I remember having Junyus on all 4 corners of my 5-series

They seemed to be new on the car before I got it and in two years I couldn't wear the bastarding things off no matter how hard I rode the bollox of them

Made for very slippery driving even in the dry !!!!
    Going around corners arseways and all sorts ! Great craic

Sold the car over 2 and a half years later and they still had loads of meat on them. I think they just did it to annoy me !!!

Current car came with 4 Goodyear efficient grips and I had to replace the front two because they were cracked badly etc and causing a wobble but the back 2 are perfect so I put 2 brand new Goodyear's back on it ! Same effeciant grips, not cheap but happy out !

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Kumho’s are far from ditchfinders

yup ...... http://www.tractionnews.com/kumho-supply-original-equipment-tire-new-bmw-x3-suv/ .... "Kumho Tire’s original equipment tires are also installed on BMW’s 1-Series, 2-Series, 3-Series, Volkswagen’s Polo and more."

In Oz .... https://www.kumho.com.au/why-kumho/original-equipment-manufacturer ....... "Our tyres are fitted as factory standard on many leading car brands, including Holden, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, Ford, BMW and Mercedes Benz"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's true, I wouldn't be into any of the budget budget tyres like Linglongs or Happygallops .....

I thought you made happygallops up! Just googled it for the craic and the first result was an eBay listing for part worn happygallops
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I thought you made happygallops up! Just googled it for the craic and the first result was an eBay listing for part worn happygallops
    :pac:

Same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I parked beside an A6 a while back and laughed at what I saw on the tyres. GOOD RIDE...looked it up and chuckled some more !

Edit...looking them up again they were previously known as blow max ....fk me:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My car birthday today, 15 years.

Must bring it for a wash actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

There should be a thread for the most expensive car with the cheapest tyres!!

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    My car birthday today, 15 years.

What is it? 🚗 :)

Augeo wrote: »
    What is it? 🚗 :)

A tiddley eye golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A tiddley eye golf.

Throw up a photo of the bheast

Throw up a photo of the bheast

Have ya seen how much earlier its getting darker!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have ya seen how much earlier its getting darker!

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Old Mother Ba has her new car ordered for Jan delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Old Mother Ba has her new car ordered for Jan delivery.

What car is it?

Dealers are stock piling and VRTing their high Nox emitting cars like Golfs, Focuses, Qashquais etc ahead of Jan 1, where they will then cost 1000's more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

:)
    Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    What car is it?

Dealers are stock piling and VRTing their high Nox emitting cars like Golfs, Focuses, Qashquais etc ahead of Jan 1, where they will then cost 1000's more.

CHR Luna Sport. Trading in a very good Yeti 1.2T with tiny mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

Had Grenlanders on the RX. Still haven't gotten the smell of ****e out of the seats from them. Had more arse-leading-the-front incidents in 4 weeks than I did in the previous 4 years. The car lurched violently when you stood on the brakes where one bit and the other slid

Swapped back to Hankooks and the difference is appreciable. For one thing the Hankooks actually balance rotationally - even with a slab of lead on the wheels the grenlanders vibrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I retro fitted cruise control in my car today. It is a very sophisticated setup. Total cost €000,000,000.00

It's an adjustable handle off a mop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I retro fitted cruise control in my car today. It is a very sophisticated setup. Total cost €000,000,000.00

Pics or you didn't do it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

What car is it?

As 192s not 201s?

What car is it?

Have you anything to back this news up?
    Roughly how many would an average garage be registering ahead of January?

Have you anything to back this news up?
    Roughly how many would an average garage be registering ahead of January?

According to financially sensitive information and financial prudence as what dealer wants a UK registered Focus on 1st Jan that'll have a 2700 euro "fine" on top of VRT. If they register it ahead of time, they'll save 100's and still have a car that will sell. Also VRT dates are booked up for next 2 months

In other news, which one of ye have taken my advice to import UK Dacia Sandero Access (no radio or no nothing)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/dacia-sandero-1-2-petrol-152-reg/22853818

I guess you’re talking about used cars.

I guess you’re talking about used cars.

Hi Colm,

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you!

It wasn’t clear! I know my own car would be another €1750 come January.

It wasn’t clear! I know my own car would be another €1750 come January.

I just can't believe there hasn't been uproar over it..........or is it just another case of the Irish motorist bending over and accepting anything that's given to them!

The Irish motorist looking for a 5 year old diesel car will be left with over priced bog standard junk, as they'll be barred from going to UK to find nicer spec, better minded cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Back to Japan I suppose.

• Advertisement

Back to Japan I suppose.

Are there diesel cars in Japan?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement