Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Viking123 wrote: »
    There's just an outline of maternity and sick leave, an extensive FAQ document which is very helpful, they also ask for a list of relatives up to and including first cousins residing in the Republic of Ireland, so I'd say make a start on that now. A list of items to bring for training but most of them have to be purchased at the college.

Thanks for that will start looking at them now! Best of Luck hoping to start in October so may see you up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tommy1997

Thanks for that will start looking at them now! Best of Luck hoping to start in October so may see you up there!

Can we wear jeans and casual clothes during the induction week.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

22832 wrote: »
    Got called this morning
    Is there whatapp group thanks

Did you get an email or a phone call from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mj2580

Congrats on joining Irelands leading group of scumbags lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Tommy1997 wrote: »
    Can we wear jeans and casual clothes during the induction week.

Not entirely sure but I'll be bringing a tracksuit and a full suit just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Does the info pack say anything about when the annual leave/reading weeks are?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Does the info pack say anything about when the annual leave/reading weeks are?

Yes they mention them but no specific dates, it's says it's up to the college to decide specific dates. It also mentions we get 2 weeks off after the 32 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

Has anyone that has completed all stages since the offers went out for july heard anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

anyone signed off lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

anyone signed off lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Liso3007

Hi,

I'm starting my induction week at Templemore on Monday. Does anyone know what types of clothing I should be bringing.As its manual lifting and first aid, i assumed it would be casual wear but I've been told to wear a suit down and bring shirts etc.

If anyone has done the induction week, please can they advise?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Liso3007 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm starting my induction week at Templemore on Monday. Does anyone know what types of clothing I should be bringing.As its manual lifting and first aid, i assumed it would be casual wear but I've been told to wear a suit down and bring shirts etc.

If anyone has done the induction week, please can they advise?

Many thanks

I'm not in yet but when my brother was in there he said he had to wear a suit for the few days he was there during the induction and had to bring tracksuits and stuff also, he also had to wear a suit until he was given the uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Liso3007

Clono wrote: »
    I'm not in yet but when my brother was in there he said he had to wear a suit for the few days he was there during the induction and had to bring tracksuits and stuff also, he also had to wear a suit until he was given the uniform.

Thanks for that, there was no information in the pack I got sent re the induction week apart from the first aid training and the manual lifting. Wasnt going to bring suit for the induction week so glad I asked now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Enda2018

I have the induction week this month too and to be safe I’m just going to bring everything on the list in the pack with me from day one.
    Better to be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OutCastLV

Hi lads,
    Might be a silly question, but we should probably arrive at collage in suits for the first day, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

OutCastLV wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Might be a silly question, but we should probably arrive at collage in suits for the first day, right?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Hey! I’ve just started the process! Can’t believe how long some of you have been waiting to get in. Any tips for stage 3 interview? And When would you guys recommend training for the physical test?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

leheaven wrote: »
    Hey! I’ve just started the process! Can’t believe how long some of you have been waiting to get in. Any tips for stage 3 interview? And When would you guys recommend training for the physical test?

You could be called for pct in 4 months depending on results of interview, medical etc it is very tough especially the beep test, depending on your current fitness level it would do no harm to start training now particularly on stamina and then it will be a walk in the Park by the time you do it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

Do you get an email when your vetting is complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Do you get an email when your vetting is complete?

Only if you email them looking for an update. If you don't make contact the first you'll hear of it is when you get an offer or a 'generally unsuitable to be a garda' letter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 OutCastLV

ok, so i got a call from HQ on friday about not submitting bank details...but i never got that form, where can i get one?
    does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Has anyone on forum lived away from Ireland in last 5 years? Just regarding vetting, enquired through a local garda, said my vetting may take 6-12 months because I lived in the States for a year, anyone know can this be quickened up at all by any means?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

thos23 wrote: »
    Has anyone on forum lived away from Ireland in last 5 years? Just regarding vetting, enquired through a local garda, said my vetting may take 6-12 months because I lived in the States for a year, anyone know can this be quickened up at all by any means?

I am in the same position lived abroad for a few years only the UK not USA, I don't know if vetting starts after form B is sent to the vetting beureu or after local vetting from super is sent in, I sent away form B going on 7 months ago now, you read the stories on this about files going missing or having someone with weight about them who can chase it up (garda or TD), I dont think it can be quickened though as the checks have to be done regardless. I'd be happy just for an update as in its in process, its not started, its finished, or we lost it, rather than vetting is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

“A little bit of vetting” .... that’s what I was told yesterday when I rang HR. This is 23 months after I have applied. Is someone taking the piss or what, this is an absolute joke. I was closer to 20 when I applied now I’m closer to 30! Wtf is going on, how can it be taking this long. I’ve put my whole life on hold for this. Is anybody else in the same boat? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Well lads and ladies. Do ye know what days off around xmas ye have while in templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dyler

Ruffruff wrote: »
    Well lads and ladies. Do ye know what days off around xmas ye have while in templemore?

Off Christmas day and Stephens day back then

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Dyler wrote: »
    Off Christmas day and Stephens day back then

For reals??

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

“A little bit of vetting” .... that’s what I was told yesterday when I rang HR. This is 23 months after I have applied. Is someone taking the piss or what, this is an absolute joke. I was closer to 20 when I applied now I’m closer to 30! Wtf is going on, how can it be taking this long. I’ve put my whole life on hold for this. Is anybody else in the same boat? ..

So unfair, but this can happen. A friend of mine who was in psni was told the same even though he had clearance already and like you was waiting over a year but finally got in and nearly finished in Templemore now so hang in there

Advertisement