Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

Anyone have the HRM number to see if my file has gone through?

016661644. Let me know what they say. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

016661644. Let me know what they say. Good luck

Vetting still outstanding never lived abroad so i don't know what the hold up may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Anyone know who to contact if HR say vetting is outstanding???

22832 wrote: »
    Anyone know who to contact if HR say vetting is outstanding???

A politician if you know someone. That's all I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Is the next intake after this in October do people know? Just seen here that someone said they might be taking a batch on in September?

• Advertisement

That was prob me at my physical Guard below said there should be 1 in September that a crowd should be coming out before then but i dont think he is right..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DeHorse88

Called there. They said if ye havnt got an offer that's it because they're all out. Bad buzz

There will be more offers cos of deferrals and they will need the ful quota. This week will be the last of the offers

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Just got an offer there for the second induction week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

doncop wrote: »

When did you do your PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Elliot192 wrote: »
    doncop wrote: »

When did you do your PCT?
    On Saturday gone there. Really quick turnaround so must of been a lot of deferrals.

• Advertisement

I take it you didn't get in then?

That was meant for leeroy

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerry1992

Congratulations... There's still a chance for us doing pcts this sat ����

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

No I haven't heard anything did you?

No I haven't heard anything did you?

I rang today hq. The person didn't even ask my name. She just said if I haven't heard anything our file isn't complete and we won't be in in July. She was probably sick of the calls. So what is the next tread going to be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

I rang today hq. The person didn't even ask my name. She just said if I haven't heard anything our file isn't complete and we won't be in in July. She was probably sick of the calls. So what is the next tread going to be called?

I dunno but I think I'm gonna stay off this. Fair play to people getting an offer and no malice towards the guy I'm talking about but hearing that guy did his fitness on Saturday and already got an offer in less than a week is a absolute outrage for the likes of us that have been waiting since 2016. I did my fitness last August, nearly a year and my file has never budged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I dunno but I think I'm gonna stay off this. Fair play to people getting an offer and no malice towards the guy I'm talking about but hearing that guy did his fitness on Saturday and already got an offer in less than a week is a absolute outrage for the likes of us that have been waiting since 2016. I did my fitness last August, nearly a year and my file has never budged.

You probably know this but anyway - should you fail to be in July intake, you will need to re do PCT to have a chance of October, they will email you w a date around September time.
    This is because PCT has a 1 yr expiry as does the medical.

My advice is start training soon, don't let it be a surprise.

D Trent wrote: »

You probably know this but anyway - should you fail to be in July intake, you will need to re do PCT to have a chance of October, they will email you w a date around September time.

I did my pct last September and medical last May. Do you reckon I'll have to do both for October intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tommy1997

D Trent wrote: »

Lads for the induction do we have to be up there Sunday night or are we aloud arrive Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I did my pct last September and medical last May. Do you reckon I'll have to do both for October intake?
    I hate to say but yes you will unless you slip under the radar, it might be something they miss and they just give you an offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

It’s absolutely crazy stuff, there has to be some course of action available to applicants. It surely cannot take 18 months to vet someone, 6 months max and then its either a yes or no & let the person move on..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Alberto17 wrote: »

It’s absolutely crazy stuff, there has to be some course of action available to applicants. It surely cannot take 18 months to vet someone, 6 months max and then its either a yes or no & let the person move on..

I'm from Sept 16 too. Nothing against the previous poster either but its definitely a kick in the teeth to hear of someone doing the pct on a Saturday and getting the call the following Monday. The amounts of different things ive turned down/missed in the last 6months or so, on the off chance of getting a start date. Its pretty poor form that you should be expected to put your life on hold for 18+ months, with little or no updates at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Monty25

Chris871 wrote: »
    Alberto17 wrote: »

I'm from Sept 16 too. Nothing against the previous poster either but its definitely a kick in the teeth to hear of someone doing the pct on a Saturday and getting the call the following Monday. The amounts of different things ive turned down/missed in the last 6months or so, on the off chance of getting a start date. Its pretty poor form that you should be expected to put your life on hold for 18+ months, with little or no updates at all.

Same here September 2016 and vetting still outstanding I am assuming it is the couple of family I have living abroad. Really am struggling with the waiting now really am hoping to get good news for the next intake. Two years in September since I applied, and over a year since the medical. Could perhaps us all from the September 16 campaign set up a thread to stay in touch regarding updates ect...? Because it's difficult filtering through this one at the minute.

Got called this morning
    Is there whatapp group thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zrabde

Can somebody add me to the whatsapp group please

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Enda2018

Just got called up for the July intake.
    Is there actually a WhatsApp group?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MM2016

That’s a good idea! Looks like there’s still a good few of us from September 16 waiting to hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Just got my info pack this morning guys! There's a fair bit in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Frankgalvin

Viking123 wrote: »
    Just got my info pack this morning guys! There's a fair bit in it!

What kind of stuff do they ask for in it do you mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

What kind of stuff do they ask for in it do you mind me asking?

There's just an outline of maternity and sick leave, an extensive FAQ document which is very helpful, they also ask for a list of relatives up to and including first cousins residing in the Republic of Ireland, so I'd say make a start on that now. A list of items to bring for training but most of them have to be purchased at the college.

Advertisement