Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

It was due to the nice weather ^^ ... Jesus it has been some wait, at this stage we are all just desperate to get in. And we have to make our own individual arrangements (in my case kids and financial) I just need to know.
    Is there anyone else in the same boat?

Yeah that’s probably it alright, yeah your either lucky with the process or not....I would just like to know at this stage so I can plan. It’s good to see some of the older ones on here getting offers too

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Has anyone here been getting the same response from HRM "vetting is outstanding" how long does this go on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Doyle93 wrote: »
    Has anyone here been getting the same response from HRM "vetting is outstanding" how long does this go on for?

Lad my vetting was outstanding for like 8 months at one stage without any contact.
    Mine at the moment is complete but needs to be signed off as of a month ago.. I’m hoping it’s done anyway. Kinda getting fed up now.

Did you get any sort of answer as too why it took so long? My file can't progress until the vetting is back and all I am waiting for is the pct

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lily2018

Did anyone contact HRM to see if there even is second call for July? The waiting game is a killer !

• Advertisement

Did you get any sort of answer as too why it took so long? My file can't progress until the vetting is back and all I am waiting for is the pct

I just was told it takes as long as it takes, there is no set time for vetting. When did you hav your interview? Your vetting only starts after that

Lily2018 wrote: »
    Did anyone contact HRM to see if there even is second call for July? The waiting game is a killer !

I was talking to them last week, the guy said they will be out soon. I’m not sure what that is supposed to mean ha ! I think everyone on here feels your pain !

I did the interview in November but because I had to do the Irish language exam with PAS I didnt receive form B until the end of January so my vetting probably only started in February which is just under 5 months reckon I'll be waiting a bit longer then.

I did the interview in November but because I had to do the Irish language exam with PAS I didnt receive form B until the end of January so my vetting probably only started in February which is just under 5 months reckon I'll be waiting a bit longer then.

I was similar to yourself, I did my interview in April of last year. I gave them a complete copy of my B form then and I too had to take the Irish exam in June, so realistically mine is probably going on since June. Ah you could be lucky you know, don’t lose hope. I be heard of people getting less than a weeks notice to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bradley11

Just got that magic email saying I’m going for induction at the end of July. The wait is over. I applied last year

• Advertisement

Bradley11 wrote: »
    Just got that magic email saying I’m going for induction at the end of July. The wait is over. I applied last year

Fair play lad, what date is the second
    Induction?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

Yeah I'm 2016 still waiting.

Yeah I'm 2016 still waiting.

No way lad really ? Have you rang Hrm lately

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Yeah I'm 2016 still waiting.[/quote
    Usual rodeo with us

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    No way lad really ? Have you rang Hrm lately

Nah I'm past all that optimistic craic. I did my medical this day last year I think so I'm expecting a email asking me to do it again. If I don't get one I'll take that as a sign.

Nah I'm past all that optimistic craic. I did my medical this day last year I think so I'm expecting a email asking me to do it again. If I don't get one I'll take that as a sign.

It’s so frustrating though when you ring and hear the same old story, we are still waiting on vetting.
    Yeah I’m not far off you there, I really don’t want to have to do that and the PCT again

It’s so frustrating though when you ring and hear the same old story, we are still waiting on vetting.
    Yeah I’m not far off you there, I really don’t want to have to do that and the PCT again

Ah the pct is easy it's just a 2 1/2 hour drive up and back for me so I can't be arsed driving that again. I was super motivated but having let it go on this long it's very hard to stay motivated. Especially hearing your vetting is not back yet over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MM2016

I’m from the 2016 campaign and like a lot of Ye still waiting on my vetting to come back.

Ah the pct is easy it's just a 2 1/2 hour drive up and back for me so I can't be arsed driving that again. I was super motivated but having let it go on this long it's very hard to stay motivated. Especially hearing your vetting is not back yet over and over again.

Yeah that’s it, I think we all do be at the start ha! Sure hopefully we all get an offer soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Yeah I’m the exact same. Sept 16, still waiting on vetting. Did medical in May of last year so should be due to retake it. Haven’t heard anything which probably isn’t a good sign

• Advertisement

Chris871 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m the exact same. Sept 16, still waiting on vetting. Did medical in May of last year so should be due to retake it. Haven’t heard anything which probably isn’t a good sign

Were you talking to Hrm lately Chris ?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Were you talking to Hrm lately Chris ?

About 2/3 weeks ago. Became apparent vetting wouldn’t be back by this intake. No mention of the medical, tbh wasn’t aware it was only valid for 12 months either until I read it here

Chris871 wrote: »
    About 2/3 weeks ago. Became apparent vetting wouldn’t be back by this intake. No mention of the medical, tbh wasn’t aware it was only valid for 12 months either until I read it here

Oh right, and that was it yeah. Yeah I’ve heard of it before but I’m not sure how strict they are on the whole 12 month thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hopefullLad

How do you know if your vetting hasnt come back clear yet?

How do you know if your vetting hasnt come back clear yet?

By ringing or emailing Hrm

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I'm in the same boat. Passed medical in February, getting told vetting is outstanding. No meeting with the station etc until it is complete and same applies for PCT date. I'm nearly first name terms with the appointments office.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Bradley11 wrote: »

Not to be cynical but 1 person getting an email and that one person just has one previous post seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

twoblub wrote: »
    Not to be cynical but 1 person getting an email and that one person just has one previous post seems a bit odd.

There's a chance they got offered a spot from somebody who deferred but if the person got offered a place for the end of July that looks like the 2nd round offer but I'm not feeling too optimistic anyway. They've been at my vetting since last March ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone ring to see are the 2nd round offers out or??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerryman90

Does anyone know are allowed to work at weekends while your training in Templemore?

Advertisement