Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee July Intake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Kerryman90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know are allowed to work at weekends while your training in Templemore?

They say your not but i had a mate who worked in a bar on the weekends cash job

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RedDragon386

twoblub wrote: »
    Anyone ring to see are the 2nd round offers out or??

I rang just there. The lad said all the offers have gone out for July. So who's starting up the November thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

I rang just there. The lad said all the offers have gone out for July. So who's starting up the November thread?

Really ??? That’s mad and only one person on here got that offer ! seems like there is less and less of us on this now a days !

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    Really ??? That’s mad and only one person on here got that offer ! seems like there is less and less of us on this now a days !

Or maybe they took less than they were supposed to again. I couldn't book a holiday this year or nothing thinking that id get the call up. Pissed off!

Or maybe they took less than they were supposed to again. I couldn't book a holiday this year or nothing thinking that id get the call up. Pissed off!

When did they do that ? Sure the last class has a full 200, so I’ve been told anyway. I know of a lad who got 5 days notice to start, yeah I feel your pain.....you cannot plan anything even work !

• Advertisement

When did they do that ? Sure the last class has a full 200, so I’ve been told anyway. I know of a lad who got 5 days notice to start, yeah I feel your pain.....you cannot plan anything even work ![/QUOTE
    There's always the possibility he was fobbing me off but I can only take him at his word. Back to my miserable job for another few months! I wonder has anyone got the unsuitable letter recently?

When did they do that ? Sure the last class has a full 200, so I’ve been told anyway. I know of a lad who got 5 days notice to start, yeah I feel your pain.....you cannot plan anything even work ![/QUOTE
    There's always the possibility he was fobbing me off but I can only take him at his word. Back to my miserable job for another few months! I wonder has anyone got the unsuitable letter recently?

Yeah well when I rang last week they said offers will be out in the coming days, but they couldn’t say over the phone. Are you still waiting on vetting or what did they say ?

Yeah well when I rang last week they said offers will be out in the coming days, but they couldn’t say over the phone. Are you still waiting on vetting or what did they say ?

Months ago they said waiting for senior management check then it went back to vetting outstanding. Now it's back to senior management check so I don't know what to believe. You should call yourself to see if they give you something else

Months ago they said waiting for senior management check then it went back to vetting outstanding. Now it's back to senior management check so I don't know what to believe. You should call yourself to see if they give you something else

Oh really, Ah I’ve given up to be honest ha, sure every time I ring it’s vetting outstanding. You are sept 2016 too right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lily2018

I just rang HRM there and they said the second offers will be out the end of this week or early next week!

• Advertisement

Lily2018 wrote: »
    I just rang HRM there and they said the second offers will be out the end of this week or early next week!

Really that’s good so, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I just rang them and asked him is there second round offers and he said it’s hard to say .. it only works if people aren’t entering the college etc....
    And my own file is still waiting to be signed off which is absolutely chronic 22 months now since my application. Head is officially wrecked. If you aren’t signed off yet he told me technically your vetting is incomplete so you aren’t eligable to go into templemore.
    Now I recommend that somebody else from sept 16 make a call, all this info is good (01) 6662571 is the number, you get straight through and they are dead sound which is surprising. Best of luck guys.

A different answer for everybody. I wouldn't get too excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is there anyone that had to repeat any part of process?

I Also asked how is there people that applied 8 months after me getting in and they can’t sign or ((find an issue)) with my file.
    He had no answer. Can anyone tell me why?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

I Also asked how is there people that applied 8 months after me getting in and they can’t sign or ((find an issue)) with my file.
    He had no answer. Can anyone tell me why?

Hi man, must be incredibly frustrating for you, you must be at your wits end.. I'm from June 17 with everything done but am starting to fear a long wait now. Is there any reason whatsoever why your file might take so long, i.e. lived abroad, family abroad, any background history that would need investigation etc?

Alberto17 wrote: »
    Hi man, must be incredibly frustrating for you, you must be at your wits end.. I'm from June 17 with everything done but am starting to fear a long wait now. Is there any reason whatsoever why your file might take so long, i.e. lived abroad, family abroad, any background history that would need investigation etc?

I thought it might be something like that so I asked and they said my vetting is back as in my family etc (nobody abroad thank god) but it’s awaiting a sign off from a senior officer. So all I’m waiting on is someone to flick through my file and say yay or nay.

I thought it might be something like that so I asked and they said my vetting is back as in my family etc (nobody abroad thank god) but it’s awaiting a sign off from a senior officer. So all I’m waiting on is someone to flick through my file and say yay or nay.

I wonder is the whole new commissioner appointment thing delaying it

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Thats good, hopefully someone will take the 2 minutes needed out of their day and sign it off, I know thats asking a lot it seems :rolleyes:

Prepare for a long wait but stay optimistic seems to be the approach to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Did anyone hear of a September intake??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

I'm from September 16 and was just wondering if I was to go work abroad while waiting,would I have to get vetted again after waiting this long does anyone know?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Monty25

I'm from September 16 campaign and was really putting off joining the conversation on boards but actually get some relief in seeing that I am not the only one who didn't get an offer for July (or any of the previous intakes) vetting is still outstanding, so I think it's only fair I help others feel the same way. I've also made the mistake of turning down jobs and offers to move away as I really thought the process would be complete by now. Unfortunately this is the career Ive always wanted and have worked very hard to get here so I will have to baton down the hatches and keep on waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Second round offers are out for the 23rd!

Got an offer. Yup the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zrabde

Just got an offer July 30th induction

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Anyone know how to be added to the WhatsApp?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Thats it for another few months i guess.. anyone do fitness last few weeks get called??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

22832 wrote: »
    Thats it for another few months i guess.. anyone do fitness last few weeks get called??

I got date for pct today, 14th july

redpuma wrote: »
    Anyone know how to be added to the WhatsApp?

I second that

• Advertisement

I’m in Finally, absolutely shocked... is there a what’s app group ?? Sept 2016 campaign OOM in 800’s.

Advertisement