Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

I haven’t come across a Skorupi or a Bronzor yet, have five Croagunt and inundated with Snovers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

We probably won't have an accurate picture of the new spawns until this event is over. So far I've caught 5 croagunk and 2 skorupi. One in our group got a bronzor but none for me.

Seen and caught a single Bronzer, caught 3 Croaqank.
    Skorupi, seen 2 on nearby of which was able to get to only the 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pride and falls and all that.
    We’d been trio-ing Heatran for the last few days.
    Now that we’ve tuned the teams, we usually had it finished by the 90s mark.
    Today was snowy weather and we set off confidently to get our first weather boosted Heatran.
    It had Iron Head and was almost single shotting some of the mons.
    We failed with no colour left on Heatran’s bar, not even a sliver of red.
    We slunk back home to revive 42 fainted mons with only some meagre stardust to show for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Started up a second account there, so working on levelling it up. Did a few Heatran in Dublin, at one raid both accounts caught a 96% one, so extremely happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shiny Togapi did I just hatch on my dud account so gonna trade it to main one it's awesome

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Is there any pattern to what you'll get for completing the weekly field research? Or is it just totally random each time? I need Ho-Oh. I've totally lucked out over the whole of December - was hoping for another Articuno or maybe even a shiny of any of the birds but just kept getting Suicune and then one Entei.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Ingame notices stated that its random.
    Ive gotten a Suicune, Zapdos, Articuno, Raiku and another Suicune.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Nuts. I wasn't able to get out and do any of the ho-oh raids, so I was hoping this would be my chance. I'm due to get my next field research week complete tomorrow, so just going to have to cross my fingers and hope I get a ho-oh. It's the only one of Gen 2 that I haven't got (apart from smeargle, obviously)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Toots wrote: »
    Nuts. I wasn't able to get out and do any of the ho-oh raids, so I was hoping this would be my chance. I'm due to get my next field research week complete tomorrow, so just going to have to cross my fingers and hope I get a ho-oh. It's the only one of Gen 2 that I haven't got (apart from smeargle, obviously)

I was in the same boat, have all birds and dogs except for ho-oh, so luck of the Irish, that's what I got at the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Have gotten about 7 dogs and zero birds :(

• Advertisement

Really random stuff I've gotten Suicune Entei Suicune Articuno so far am due my next in two days if I manage to trigger it.

I'm hoping weather is clear for totodile on Saturday will be trying Glasnevin and Botanics myself as there are a good few EX gyms there abouts now.

Another Raikou. Sh*tballs.

Didn't trigger daily tasks but did catch a Bronzor finally. Got one on each account which still seems to be duplicating on most catches same cp same hp same moves too, I've started to trade them if an important catch, only time I'm not seeing this is on raid catches then it's different stats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Didn't trigger daily tasks but did catch a Bronzor finally. Got one on each account which still seems to be duplicating on most catches same cp same hp same moves too, I've started to trade them if an important catch, only time I'm not seeing this is on raid catches then it's different stats.

Once you’re above Level 30, that’s normal

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Another Raikou. Sh*tballs.

Raikou is the one im most hoping for , only have 1 decent one , plenty of the others , please no more Suinicine.

Rooy wrote: »
    Raikou is the one im most hoping for , only have 1 decent one , plenty of the others , please no more Suinicine.

What defines a decent one? Is it IV? I’ve got a 78, 82, 84 and 91.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

What defines a decent one? Is it IV? I’ve got a 78, 82, 84 and 91.

For me it would be 89+ , when it was a research task I got 4/5 poor ones , low 80s and below.

Rooy wrote: »
    For me it would be 89+ , when it was a research task I got 4/5 poor ones , low 80s and below.

I got a 69% Articuno for one of them. Not impressed at all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

People care about percentages? For me it's atk15 as the only value of interest as the other stats are for all intent and purposes meaningless in raiding.

Nody wrote: »
    People care about percentages? For me it's atk15 as the only value of interest as the other stats are for all intent and purposes meaningless in raiding.

Is that true?
    The defence IV coupled with the mon level determines the amount of damage the mon sustains from the Raid boss.
    The better the defence IV, and I think to a lesser extent the stamina IV, the longer the mon can battle.
    In reality that usually means getting off an additional charge move per mon and hopefully avoiding the downtime of bringing in a new team.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/breakpoint-calculator#/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    Is that true?
    The defence IV coupled with the mon level determines the amount of damage the mon sustains from the Raid boss.
    The better the defence IV, and I think to a lesser extent the stamina IV, the longer the mon can battle.
    In reality that usually means getting off an additional charge move per mon and hopefully avoiding the downtime of bringing in a new team.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/breakpoint-calculator#/
    That would only matter if you're borderline failing a fight and it's very rarely a factor. Even from the article you link:
    While defensive breakpoints are seemingly more important for glass cannons, if enough of the above criteria are met, they could result in a significant performance boost for most Pokemon. Overall, most defensive breakpoints are met before offensive ones, so they usually don’t come up.
    There are extreme fringe cases for specific fights; hence go for Atk15 because that will minimize the amount of candy and dust required (or such as with Machamp allow you to go up one tier which is only possible with atk15 at level 40). The other stats are not really going to make a significant difference 99.9% of the time short of trying to solo level 4s or similar. Most 70%+ will be in the 10s or higher but a 96% atk14 will do worse than a 80% atk15 and will require more candy to achieve the same damage (due to requiring a higher level for the damage bracket). If you get a perfect one or higher stat on the other as alternative of course go for it but it's not something I bother waiting for; atk15 and I'm settled for leveling.

Nody wrote: »
    That would only matter if you're borderline failing a fight and it's very rarely a factor. Even from the article you link:
    There are extreme fringe cases for specific fights; hence go for Atk15 because that will minimize the amount of candy and dust required (or such as with Machamp allow you to go up one tier which is only possible with atk15 at level 40). The other stats are not really going to make a significant difference 99.9% of the time short of trying to solo level 4s or similar. Most 70%+ will be in the 10s or higher but a 96% atk14 will do worse than a 80% atk15 and will require more candy to achieve the same damage (due to requiring a higher level for the damage bracket).

Perhaps we're outliers then; we spent 5-6 weeks trying to solo Machamp with 1 account, tuning the team. It made a huge difference if the zams could survive long enough to get off the 2nd CM.
    Same again for the level 4s when we got the 2nd family account. For about 2 months raid battles against Absol and Ttar were decided by no more than 5 seconds either way.
    Those were the best PoGo days we had.

Finally got my Lugia on spare account got Entei on main account again. Gonna trade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

FINALLY got my Aerodactyl to complete Meltan research thanks to the new January tasks.
    https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/january-field-research-task-lists/

Use an item to evolve a Pokémon Encounter: Aerodactyl (Shiny Possible)

That took bloody ages!

Watch out for Spinda #5 too:
    Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a Row Encounter: Spinda #5

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Finally got my Lugia on spare account got Entei on main account again. Gonna trade :D

So do legendaries like ho-oh and Lugia which didn't appear before as research rewards appear now in the random rewards?

DublinCJM wrote: »
    So do legendaries like ho-oh and Lugia which didn't appear before as research rewards appear now in the random rewards?

Yeah, caught both of these in the last week (primary/secondary accounts) - in the seven-day research reward.

FINALLY got my Aerodactyl to complete Meltan research thanks to the new January tasks.

That took bloody ages!

Watch out for Spinda #5 too:
    Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a Row Encounter: Spinda #5

Lucky you. I've still got Aerodactyl backed up but can't find a cubone to trigger the next phase....

Yeah, caught both of these in the last week (primary/secondary accounts) - in the seven-day research reward.

I've done 4 or 5 of these (since the random came in) but haven't got one that I hadn't got in the previous 7 days tasks.

Hopefully get something new on my next one.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Lucky you. I've still got Aerodactyl backed up but can't find a cubone to trigger the next phase....

Got you covered:

Use 5 Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon
    Encounter: Cubone (Shiny Possible)

Now go look for that research task!

• Advertisement

Got you covered:

Use 5 Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon
    Encounter: Cubone (Shiny Possible)

Now go look for that research task!

Ahhhhhh - didn't realise there was a new one for Cubone.

I guess their systems showed them shed loads of people stuck on Cubone!!

Nice one, thanks for letting me know!!

Advertisement