Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

One thing to note and a reason why one might want to evolve their dratini during the community weekend is a lack of charge TMs.

Evolving during the community weekend will guarantee you a pretty good dragon charge move (draco meteor). If you evolve a dragonite normally outside of this weekend you can be stuck in hurricane/hyper beam hell trying to get to outrage.

So for those who lack charge tms (I know I do anyway - still working on my lick/sb gengars) and want a perfectly usable low cost dragon then evolving this weekend may make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Finally got myself a shiny Charmander and a shiny Larvitar this weekend, although neither has good IV's. No shiny sheep, dragons or bulb-frogs though, despite using up lots of incense and walking in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a sheep on one account I'm gonna run incense for the next two hours hoping for more Shiny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Was losing my mind getting NO shiny charmanders despite it being the one I wanted the most. I got back into it in May just for it but didn't realise community days were 10-1 and missed it :/ Had gotten tons of shinies on Saturday but no Charmander, then the rates were painfully low today, but still got one somehow!

We also had windy weather here virtually all weekend so I caught buckets of Dratini, two shinies with good IVs and 780 and 840 cp :) Then one shiny with high CP and 91 IV! :D
    And a 93.3 shiny larvitar, definitely a good haul :)

Incenses seemed to give the most shinies, me and my friend got a good few on them especially as soon as you activated them. We did it at the same time and I got a shiny cyndaquil and he got a shiny tyranitar right away!

Chuffed after the weekend but god, I never want to play this game again :pac:

No luck I've wasted 65 balls this evening chasing shadows, gotta wait until midnight now as I've ran out but have 18 gifts to open damn game is getting worse I'll try the pvp out but I think my pokemon go days are numbered

Canard wrote: »

Chuffed after the weekend but god, I never want to play this game again :pac:

Fair play to ya sticking it out, sometimes it didnt seem like much spawns of CD's were around, lots of rubbish mixed in too. Thankfully I had these shinies gotten at the previous events so didnt do too much this weekend. Extra couple of TTar's and beldums is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Like some of the others here, we've got a few family accounts.
    While we all raid and battle, I'm the one who manages the collection.
    Up to now that's been easy enough to do, but since trading has come in, I'm always thinking that I should trade the mon instead of transferring to the professor.
    You get more candies, possibly higher IVs and luckies.
    However, trading before transferring takes a good bit more time and takes some of the fun out of it.
    Does anyone else here have a similar dilemma and (how) have you been able to get over the fear of missing out on some candies, etc?

josip wrote: »
    Up to now that's been easy enough to do, but since trading has come in, I'm always thinking that I should trade the mon instead of transferring to the professor.
    However, trading before transferring takes a good bit more time and takes some of the fun out of it.
    Does anyone else here have a similar dilemma and (how) have you been able to get over the fear of missing out on some candies, etc?

I'm never too bothered about the luckies, most of my trades the IV's usually go down. We do trade the odd time for candies though, was handy for stuff like Buizel -> Floatzel (transfer a cork buizel for a dublin pidgey), but wouldn't go mad on it either. Most other gen 4 mons was able to find enough in the wild.

Since trading came in the main thing I'd do is transfer extra "decent" mons to the family lower accounts, If I got a tyrannitar less than 90 from a raid I trade that instead of transfer, even if it turns out worse, an extra Ttar on other account is better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I get your point. Since trading came in I thought “great, let’s trade to get 3 candy” So I’ve done my best to focus on the long range trades to maximize candy generated.
    However in the last 4-6 weeks I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not worth the planning and time. I have 3 family accounts and I just can’t keep track of the trades. Today I just transferred a load of C-Day mons rather than spending an hour trading back and forth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

tedious as it is, im distance trading all of my dratini and larvitar. if they appeared again, i'd pinap them, so it makes no sense to just transfer them. the more you have the more tedious it is, but the more candy you gain! i have a bit of extra space though so im managing, and my friends who trade with me appreciate the luckies :P

Hopefully in a future release they add a 'trade' option when you click on the mon, the same way they added the 'items' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

C'mon I'll fight ya!

467480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

My Ace Trainer medal has annoyed the p*ss out of me sat at silver since the gym system change in June 2017 - thankfully it will start moving towards gold with the PvP update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yep, it has annoyed the hell out of me that I've never gotten that one gold.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hatched a shiny Dratini, that was nice.

Sorry guys am out of commission will be few and far between with gifts for next while I'll catch up when I can

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

I caught 18 Meltans from the mystery box today, they must have increased the spawn rate? First box was 9 and second was 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I still haven't got my first Meltan.

Was too slow doing the early research tasks, and now I can't seem to find a Cubone for love nor money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

DublinCJM wrote: »

Was too slow doing the early research tasks, and now I can't seem to find a Cubone for love nor money.

If you catch Alolan Marowak which is in raids, it should count as the cubone.

Not sure if this has been thought of yet but Dublin (as that's where I predominantly am feel free to set up local ones too) Pokemon league for battling maybe discord or WhatsApp based build up an elite 4 and champion too make yourselves available on community days to be challenged it'll take a while to set up but I'm just dropping it here as an idea I've been thinking up while this has been in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Anyone had a fight yet?

Anyone had a fight yet?

yup, beat the 8yr old :D

What are peoples thoughts on the cost of adding a second move ? See a lot of mention for Mewtwo to add Focus Blast and Groudon to add Solar beam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    yup, beat the 8yr old :D

What are peoples thoughts on the cost of adding a second move ? See a lot of mention for Mewtwo to add Focus Blast and Groudon to add Solar beam.
    Insane would be my comment; in general I don't see a reason for it to be honest outside possible PvP. In raids you pick exactly what you want to counter with; for beating up a gym it might have a slight benefit but honestly I can take on any gym as is today and spend 50k to 100k dust + 50/100 candy for a second charge up move that will be used maybe once or twice in a fight? I'd rather spend that dust & candy to level up to 40/second/third/fourth etc. instead.

If someone has all relevant teams at 40 and spare candy & dust or want to go heavy in PvP I can see the sense but for normal users I just don't see a big use for it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

DublinCJM wrote: »

Same here. I'm still stuck trying to find one more steel type. I hear one of the steps is to catch an aerodactyl! I'll be lucky to finish it before the end of 2019!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Toots wrote: »
    Same here. I'm still stuck trying to find one more steel type. I hear one of the steps is to catch an aerodactyl! I'll be lucky to finish it before the end of 2019!
    It is; the Aeodactyl rotates in as a tier 2/3 raid every so often however which is soloable. It can also comes up as a field research reward which is worth keeping an eye on on Silph Road when it changes every month.

Toots wrote: »

Spare a thought for those of us still looking for a f***ing Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Spare a thought for those of us still looking for a f***ing Ditto.

No excuse here, Ditto was a research task reward during this event.

I've stockpiled an aerodactyl from the hatch 2 eggs task. Currently stuck on cuebone.

• Advertisement

No excuse here, Ditto was a research task reward during this event.

I've stockpiled an aerodactyl from the hatch 2 eggs task. Currently stuck on cuebone.

No excuse there, Marowak is a raid boss.
    :)

Advertisement