Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Crazy luck the last few days, got a shiny Mareep on Wednesday, shiny Togepi and Spoink yesterday, and a shiny Swablu today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pokemon Go's twitter account changed their banner, now has splashes of green paint on it. Perhaps hinting at Smeargle finally being added to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Gym visibility range has increased again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Went up against my first weatherboosted Meteor Strike Palkia today; to say it was a slaughter would be the understatement of the century...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nody wrote: »
    Went up against my first weatherboosted Meteor Strike Palkia today; to say it was a slaughter would be the understatement of the century...

You didn't try and trio it :D ?
    At least you admitted defeat after your first teams were gone and didn't keep going just to see if you could 'get it into the red' ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    You didn't try and trio it :D ?
    At least you admitted defeat after your first teams were gone and didn't keep going just to see if you could 'get it into the red' ?
    Having lost both dragon damage teams to one hit kills (and at best 1 charged attack per 'mon and recommended team being Aggrons...), no not really worth trying to push it further with the people we had as our damage dropped off a cliff at that stage. Waited around until we could get a bigger group and simply zerged it instead. I like a challenge but there's "Let's beat down this wall by bleeding from our heads on it until it crackles" and "Ok, we might just make this if we're lucky".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm gonna try get out tomorrow in city centre for raids I'm going by egg now not using discord or what's app too elitest exclusionary for my tastes I've 35 raid passes built up from ultra boxes and not being able to get out and use them promise to send gifts to as many as possible tomorrow too. ;)

Countess Markievic had raids on Friday so looks like that site is eligible for the next round of EX passes The Three Fates and Robert Emmett must already be triggered.

The drones are back in Bray; keep an eye on your ex raid gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Nody wrote: »
    Having lost both dragon damage teams to one hit kills (and at best 1 charged attack per 'mon and recommended team being Aggrons...), no not really worth trying to push it further with the people we had as our damage dropped off a cliff at that stage. Waited around until we could get a bigger group and simply zerged it instead. I like a challenge but there's "Let's beat down this wall by bleeding from our heads on it until it crackles" and "Ok, we might just make this if we're lucky".

Perversely against a weather boosted draco meteor palkia my wife and I (duo-ing as best friends) were almost able to duo it (hitting yellow at 148). Because our dragon damage is boosted and draco meteor would 1 shot kill you whether boosted or not it meant that we should have had an easy trio if people fight draco palkia in windy weather.

• Advertisement

I had three phones today did one raid 1/3 catch but got massive amount of xp for other two accounts ai know a few people that can't get out raiding as much as they'd like too so now I have a Palkia to trade to one of them.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Perversely against a weather boosted draco meteor palkia my wife and I (duo-ing as best friends) were almost able to duo it (hitting yellow at 148). Because our dragon damage is boosted and draco meteor would 1 shot kill you whether boosted or not it meant that we should have had an easy trio if people fight draco palkia in windy weather.
    It was rainy for us; so no dragon boost for us but water boost for Palkia sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Oh and for anyone in the D18 area - there was a double palkia at cabinteely park today - Msthirdfox and I popped down - not a soul around but imagine my surprise when I saw 18(!) in the lobby... seems like an international spoofer gang came to do the two ex-raid gyms in the park (bridge and wierd (sic) flower). There were at least 2 lobbies of 20 people if not 3...

So for anyone around - it might be a good idea to do a raid in cabinteely park - pretty certain all that spoofer activity will have triggered an ex-raid for the cabinteely bridge gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Oh and for anyone in the D18 area - there was a double palkia at cabinteely park today - Msthirdfox and I popped down - not a soul around but imagine my surprise when I saw 18(!) in the lobby... seems like an international spoofer gang came to do the two ex-raid gyms in the park (bridge and wierd (sic) flower). There were at least 2 lobbies of 20 people if not 3...

So for anyone around - it might be a good idea to do a raid in cabinteely park - pretty certain all that spoofer activity will have triggered an ex-raid for the cabinteely bridge gym.

There is a limit to the number of passes given out for an Ex Raid.... I think its 50, but could be more....so if you have 3 lobbies of spoofers, then there will hardly be any to spare..... The large groups will always get priority, so you will probably get one, chance is smaller for the likes of me coming down to do a Tier 1-3......which of course I'd get if it was only the local group that triggered it.
    Seeing it happen and more with small town groups where the exraid gym is in the town.
    Not something I like to see, but a lot of rural towns have trouble getting the numbers anyway, so the crumbs off the table may be enough for some, if they get a Pass, but means you are not in control with your own gyms

One of the raids I had in Dublin before, it was myself and 2 other people, and then 2 lobbies of spoofers.

Anyway, got a second shiny Spoink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭AustinLostin

Hatched a chingling yesterday, just mantyke to go now in the egg pool. Have many people hatched a shiny? Im just 1m xp from level 40 and yet to hatch one yet.

Hatched a chingling yesterday, just mantyke to go now in the egg pool. Have many people hatched a shiny? Im just 1m xp from level 40 and yet to hatch one yet.

3 in total, Wailmer, Dratini, and Togepi

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

Just one a few weeks ago - a shiny Azurill. I’m Level 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Am
    I the only one who has clicked about 400 spoink and not found a shiny? So so infuriating 😂

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The drones are back in Bray; keep an eye on your ex raid gyms.
    Yup, spoofers taking over gyms in West Dublin too.

Also frustrated at the lack of a pale yellow spoinks. I’m not too bothered about shiny (missed all but 2 community days due work) but I thought encounter rate would be higher.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've caught 37 so far, no sign of a shiny.

Got a Carnivine today :D Met a player who was on holidays from Florida, so they traded me a spare they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Grooonk wrote: »
    Am
    I the only one who has clicked about 400 spoink and not found a shiny? So so infuriating 😂

The shiny rate is about 1/450 so not too surprising. Still very frustrating though

Valentine's event has started. Double catch candy, pink pokemon spawning more often, and a new Spinda with a little heart on its head. Rumours that shiny Hoppip is added too, but I haven't seen one online yet.

262 Spoink seen, 229 caught. Zero shinies. :( Curse that damn pig.
    I did get a shiny Aerodactyl from a Field Research reward though, so that's some consolation.

EX passes out got one for Countess Markievic at 10am Friday week. My first attack form raid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Shiny cleffa and smoochum confirmed from eggs. No new shinies to catch :( (or not see, depending on how you get on)

Grooonk wrote: »
    Am
    I the only one who has clicked about 400 spoink and not found a shiny? So so infuriating ��

Same. Also happened with Totodile.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

what's so special about the shiny pokemon?? are they stronger compared to regular pokemon?

• Advertisement

No colour difference and sparkling really is all but they are rare outside of community day events

Nothing more than luck to get them you can't tell a Pokemon is shiny until you click on it or the egg hatches or from a raid until the catch sequence begins.

Advertisement