Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Decent day today - hit the 40 million XP mark and found a shiny Magnet - evolved to Magneton, might be one of my favorite shinys in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

today is the last day of Giratina. My best stats yet, seen 1 caught 1 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

syboit wrote: »
    today is the last day of Giratina. My best stats yet, seen 1 caught 1 :D
    Can't wait for it to go away; it has seriously killed any interest in raiding for me and have had me chase level 1s instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nody wrote: »
    Can't wait for it to go away; it has seriously killed any interest in raiding for me and have had me chase level 1s instead.

Perhaps that was the plan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

josip wrote: »
    Perhaps that was the plan?
    Well seeing how I'd normally blow 5 to 10 raid passes every weekend on fun/relevant Tier 5s vs. only using my free pass and only every second day or so going after tier 1s (due to timing of the right one to spawn and availability to go after it) that would be a stupid decision by Niantec :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

To connect your smartphone app pokemon go to Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee! you turn on your Bluetooth on your smartphone. Then go to options in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee and click the open pokemon go option wait until Nintendo switch symbol works on appears your smartphone and now your Nintendo switch. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee travel to Fuchsia city and transfer your pokemon from smartphone app pokemon go to go park and its also works vice versa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Giratina wasn't great, but I still preferred doing it to the Regis. That there was 3 months of them made it so much worse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Was wondering if I was the only one that hated these super strong Raids. Pretty pointless exercise in quiet towns like Wexford :o

Angron wrote: »
    Giratina wasn't great, but I still preferred doing it to the Regis. That there was 3 months of them made it so much worse.

Just about :) , at least we had the 3 legendary days to look forward to in those months.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Let's Go, Eevee! is out now is easier to generation 1 pokemon then smartphone app pokemon go its may cost lot of money or friend that has the game. the point of pokemon games is to interact with friends to complete them.

this game includes mew and mewtwo, shinies easier to find then smartphone app, legend pokemon from generation 1 easier to find then smartphone app. You need 400 Magikarp evolve it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got an EX pass for War Memorial for the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Barely getting out this week will probably have to wait for let's go to get my meltan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

Gym Hunter

I'm looking for the location of two gyms

Company Church - I think this is in Dublin and possibly around Rathmines, Ballsbridge, CC.

The Market House 1885AD - I think this is around Kildare, Athy or Newbridge. I checked what I thought it was in Kildare but the gym there was called Kildare Square

Can anyone give me exact locations for either or both.

Thanks

Dec community day announced,

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/dec18-cd/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

More wild Larvitar can only be a good thing

Delighted with that announcement. The wording makes it sound like you can use TMs to get the moves too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hoping for Squirtle Squad shiny again I know a few who missed out I got one but only one.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    More wild Larvitar can only be a good thing

not to mention the special moves, will probably add another couple of smack down TTar's to the collection

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

someone had a nintendo switch today at an exraid i attended. was able to transfer him a pokemon at get my mystery box. It spawned 10 meltans in the next 30 mins - 60 candies!

not to mention the special moves, will probably add another couple of smack down TTar's to the collection
    This is what I'm going for; I forgot I had a 100% Pupitar ready for evolution last time around so looking forward to evolving it this time. I'm also going to look at adding another one or two Meteor Metagross and get candy to level up a full team further.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    This is what I'm going for; I forgot I had a 100% Pupitar ready for evolution last time around so looking forward to evolving it this time. I'm also going to look at adding another one or two Meteor Metagross and get candy to level up a full team further.

Yup, another TTar and Metagross for me, have since gotten a few high 90's that I'd evolve again.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

only evolved 1 smackdown TTar myself originally which I regretted , although i think you had to do it within the 3 hour window and didnt make too many decent ones. Have 2 90%+ now so they will do along with whole weekend to find another decent 1 or 2.

First family cresselia raid, 4 of us with about 70 seconds left. This is deffo one of my favourite parts of the game, trying to get a team optimized as best as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

phog wrote: »
    Gym Hunter

I'm looking for the location of two gyms

Company Church - I think this is in Dublin and possibly around Rathmines, Ballsbridge, CC.

Can anyone give me exact locations for either or both.

Thanks

Company church is on Charleston Road, Ranelagh
    https://goo.gl/maps/DhfbFoKGjBo

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Me and my roommate tried an Absol raid together since he needed to finish the 10 for a quest and we can actually duo it! Gonna do them all now. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Along with Meteor Mash metagross I think this is my aim for that weekend. (Have a 90+ larvitar and beldum ready to evolve)
    The dog will get 2 very long daily walks!
    I cant recall any of the other special moves being meta relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Venasaur frenzy plant is best grass at the moment.

Charizard blast burn is slightly worse than overheat but is 2 bar charge move.

Charizard has become a meta defender due to so many people using Metagross attackers.

Tenger wrote: »
    Along with Meteor Mash metagross I think this is my aim for that weekend. (Have a 90+ larvitar and beldum ready to evolve)
    The dog will get 2 very long daily walks!
    I cant recall any of the other special moves being meta relevant?
    Venosaur Frenzy plant if you want the best grass attacker but not really meta relevant because grass lolololol and possibly Charizard if you're low on Moltres/Entei as it's the third best fire 'mon atm but if not it's all MM/Tyranitar and saving up candy on your Dratinis to do a post event evolve (as the event charged move is worse than the Outrage it can get normally). Catching Dratini is also a great way to gold your dragon catching medal (by far the hardest one to get).

Went in to town with one of the dogs to walk around, and caught a shiny Drowzee :D CP 666 too, made me smile a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

Speedsie wrote: »
    Company church is on Charleston Road, Ranelagh
    https://goo.gl/maps/DhfbFoKGjBo

Thanks,

I like to target gyms I might get gold in and I survived a few days in that gym so I'd like to try it again next time I'm up that way.

Advertisement