Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Anyone else noticed new Pokestops or Gyms nearby? My local park and surrounding area just got four 'stops and a new Gym that I've seen so far - maybe more.
    Park beside me had a single pokestop since launch up to about 6 months ago when got a 2nd. (To contrast, the park across the motorway from my one has had 5 stops and 2 gyms since game launch)
    Yesterday I noticed that it just got 2 new gyms and 3 new stops. Managed to be the first in one of the gyms. Odd that the new stuff didnt make the previous pokestop into a gym, I thought that was the process?

Not that it matters as I doubt any high level raiding or fast gym turnover will happen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Same park, Mr. Bronzor walking buddy ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't noticed any in Longford, I'll have a look at the other towns nearby but I don't expect much. Still waiting for submissions to open in the game so I can try to get a few here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Toots wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask just for one measly Ho-Oh? I don’t even care if it’s decent, or if it’s shiny! I just want ONE!
    Pm. Sent

LqsZSwj.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just counted, still have 20 Ho-oh, with 4 shinies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Same park, Mr. Bronzor walking buddy ;)
    Indeed, nice to have the chance for more spins, and 2 more gyms yo try for gold on. Could do with a bit of snow/sleet to increase Bronzor spawns. Only caught a single one so far, saw one other on map one time.

Didn't get any shiny Psyduck :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Angron wrote: »
    Didn't get any shiny Psyduck :(
    Got one last night but seeing how my wife picked up a shiny Kyogre (first ever raid) and shiny Groudon (third ever raid) it feels like a consolation price (I'm over 50 raids between the two without any shiny). Then again the group I was playing with (3 people) had one person go shiny Kyogre, shiny Groudon back to back and the next did double shinky Groudon back to back on Saturday over 5 raids while I drew blank on two accounts from the same battles :(

Only highlight was to trio down a Groudon with a 38/39/40 setup with over 60s to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still no Groudon am gonna try later I'm in city centre after 3 so hopefully there'll be one on.

Up in Dublin for an EX raid, but don't think I'll hang around too long. Stayed up until 5am watching wrestling last night, I'm pretty pooped.

• Advertisement

Stayed up too am on the way in now I need a Groudon today or else

Yay thanks to some really nice people at the spire and Connolly station today I finally got a Groudon and an extra Kyogre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Palkia duo (just about), looks tough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/al60oe/palkia_duo_dragon_tail_fire_blast_way_more/

did a lot of Groudon/Kyogre 4 man's, kyorge was definitely tougher as the smaller accounts didnt really have enough of the correct counters, so had to blast it with ho-oh's, gengars and other legendaries lying around.

Will probably give palkia a go at some stage.

3 manned both of them, but it was with 3 level 40s with good counters. My baby account is still mostly just a passenger for raids, it has a few legendaries but lacks the stardust to power most of them up, so it's usually just going in with whatever is recommended, while focussing on the main account properly.

3 manned both of them, but it was with 3 level 40s with good counters. My baby account is still mostly just a passenger for raids, it has a few legendaries but lacks the stardust to power most of them up, so it's usually just going in with whatever is recommended, while focussing on the main account properly.

Will you be trying Palkia? Have a good few max dragons on my own/sons accounts, but the other 2 would only have a few low dragonite's.

Have a few fairy mon's but don't think they would be worth while powering up further.

Caught a Bronzong just now and a Lumineon this morning. brb, buying Lotto tickets... :)

Back from first Palkia raid, small circle ,it is far back and jumps up an down a lot. At least it doesn't go sideways like Kyogre used to.

syboit wrote: »
    Will you be trying Palkia? Have a good few max dragons on my own/sons accounts, but the other 2 would only have a few low dragonite's.

Have a few fairy mon's but don't think they would be worth while powering up further.

Yeah, gonna head up to Dublin this week to have a go at Palkia. Sadly not many good fairy types in the game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

3 raids done, only one catch, jumped out of curved excellent throws :(

Yeah, gonna head up to Dublin this week to have a go at Palkia. Sadly not many good fairy types in the game yet.

It was an easy 4 man for us earlier, smaller accounts used what dragons they had and fairy types like granbull/mawile and then the rest with any legendaries they could.

Catching Palkia at least gives weak accounts another dragon to use in next one :)

Two Palkia side by side in glasnevin cemetery now got my a## handed to me by one trying to duo it live and learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

anyone know of a location in Dublin city centre where a Ditto is likely to appear? it's a task for 2 of my special research for the past 3 weeks and I've not seen one bloody Ditto.

There's no knack that I can see. Just keep catching the ones on this list and hope for the best.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/08-01-2018-pokemon-go-how-do-i-catch-ditto

Just noticed this in my gift items and twigged it's from a Pokestop removed within the last 24 hours - due to the building being recently demolished!

Now that's efficient. :pac:

471821.jpg

Ermergerd, new perkermon. Just evolved my Tangela. Need to get my act together and get some more Sinnoh stones... Just find battling so boring.

I'm torn on wanting new Pokémon, and saving stones for Swinub community day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well if anyone needs help with PvP battles I'm ready to put up a 3x CP10 team every day in defence to speed things up (I'm more likely to be able to participate in the evening than during the day but if I can I'll always accept). That's how I've ended up with over 14 stones and increasing at this stage on my main account.

Edit: Attached PvP code for scanning.

I'm torn on wanting new Pokémon, and saving stones for Swinub community day.

Isint there 5 guarantee'd ones on community day if you do pvp battles too ? I used about 4 last night, doing the lowly evolves , aipom, lickytung,frosslass. Still waiting to get a better sneasel,ralts.

Interesting changes with the raids too, trying to stop people solo/duo'in raids. If people want to spend tons of stardust/candies getting those max teams then why punish them, its not like those resources are easy to come by.

handy link I found.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9w39rx/sorry_if_already_asked_but_with_the_sinnoh_stone/

syboit wrote: »
    Isint there 5 guarantee'd ones on community day if you do pvp battles too ? I used about 4 last night, doing the lowly evolves , aipom, lickytung,frosslass. Still waiting to get a better sneasel,ralts.

Interesting changes with the raids too, trying to stop people solo/duo'in raids. If people want to spend tons of stardust/candies getting those max teams then why punish them, its not like those resources are easy to come by.
    Because they could only solo them due to the increase of effective attacks in the first place; all this did was put things back to the state before the increased damage buff status (20% hp increase for T3 to T5); oh and male ralts is psychic / grass which I can't see any use for honestly (Mew2 / Frenzy plant says hello for respective type) but I guess there may be PvP reasons to get a good one (I only PvP for the candy).

Gallade is just outclassed by Machamp as a fighting type too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is DLCTrainer or Bearty1234 on here?

In case they want to put on an egg before we go Ultra Friends when I open their gifts.

Advertisement