Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire at Metro Hotel in Ballymun

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

TanyGray wrote: »
    I reckon I could handle 3 floors.
    I've jumped out the top floor of a semi before easily enough when my son locked me in the bedroom, so I think three floors wouldn't be too bad either if you had to jump. Four and I reckon it is certain death though.

So three is my max.
    Depending the hight but you're safer jumping out at certain heights because the body turns and you don't want to land on you're head.

So floor 3 might be safer than floor 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Depending the hight but you're safer jumping out at certain heights because the body turns and you don't want to land on you're head.

So floor 3 might be safer than floor 2.

:)

Floor two is easy. Done it. Just hang out the window and let go.

Three I reckon is leg breaking high. Four is neck breaking high, and higher is certain death.

No sir, pictures of fires in high rises ensures I will never ever buy an apartment above floor three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

TanyGray wrote: »
    :)

Floor two is easy. Done it. Just hang out the window and let go.

Three I reckon is leg breaking high. Four is neck breaking high, and higher is certain death.

No sir, pictures of fires in high rises ensures I will never ever buy an apartment above floor three :)

You can have an inescapable fire in a bungalow.

Hell, I lived in a basement/ground level flat, and if there was a fire there we would have been goosed altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hell, I lived in a basement/ground level flat, and if there was a fire there we would have been goosed altogether.

Worst place I rented was in Connemara. A cottage. Partly renovated. Only one door and two windows opened. The one in the bathroom, downstairs ? You would have had to be very small to exit and atop the central heating tank

No door to the stairs which were open and wooden and upstairs only one tiny window opened about three inches . Easy to be trapped there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

If course you can, but would it be more likely not to be able to escape from a fire in a high rise than a bungalow.

Call me paranoid but 3 floors is it for me. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement