Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seem to be working fine much prefer it to the huawei p30 lite i upgraded to so hopefully will get another while out of it,the huawei is supposed to have a bigger screen but the 7 is physically bigger and feels more substantial too.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

ofcork wrote: »
    Seem to be working fine much prefer it to the huawei p30 lite i upgraded to so hopefully will get another while out of it,the huawei is supposed to have a bigger screen but the 7 is physically bigger and feels more substantial too.
    Great news - glad it was fixed so quickly!

Think I spoke too soon battery is dying a death after only coming off charge at 10am.

Battery life good again now so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone get the charging port fixed out of warranty recently?

Am based in North Dublin, any recommendations and/or a rough estimate?

Thanks,

Branners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

July security update downloading. 41.24mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

OK bit of a strange one here
    Starting today the battery drain on my 7 plus has shot up dramatically
    and heres a strange thing my wifes Nokia 6 seems to be affected also.
    Granted the Nokia 6 is quite a few years old but my 7 Plus is only 12 months old
    Updated apps yesterday on playstore but not the same ones as my wifes phone.
    We both have the covid Tracker app installed and were out and about in Dundalk today.
    Checked phone for background apps running etc but am at a loss what has happened to affect BOTH phones?
    As mentioned Louth area is where we are.
    Anyone give me any advise please?

The screen shot shows a message regarding phone use never seen till today.
    Needless to say the phone HASN'T been used anymore that usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Steve F wrote: »
    OK bit of a strange one here
    Starting today the battery drain on my 7 plus has shot up dramatically
    and heres a strange thing my wifes Nokia 6 seems to be affected also.
    Granted the Nokia 6 is quite a few years old but my 7 Plus is only 12 months old
    Updated apps yesterday on playstore but not the same ones as my wifes phone.
    We both have the covid Tracker app installed and were out and about in Dundalk today.
    Checked phone for background apps running etc but am at a loss what has happened to affect BOTH phones?
    As mentioned Louth area is where we are.
    Anyone give me any advise please?

There's reports of the Covid app draining battery and making phones very hot today

Staplor wrote: »
    There's reports of the Covid app draining battery and making phones very hot today

Really? Only today?
    Strange that.
    We installed the app a week or more ago??

• Advertisement

Where did you see/hear this?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yep, mine was the same today. Which is currently a Samsung A40. Covid Tracker app the culprit.

Eventually got a system message saying an app was overloading the CPU and the phone would have to be rebooted. Been fine since.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, mine was the same today. Which is currently a Samsung A40. Covid Tracker app the culprit.

Eventually got a system message saying an app was overloading the CPU and the phone would have to be rebooted. Been fine since.

Did you uninstall the App?
    I've just done so and will see what happens tomorrow.
    It's strange that it only started happening today after installing app 10 days ago??

Same here. Wonder is it related to me knocking off Bluetooth today since I was staying home?

Where did you see/hear this?
    Saw it on Reddit. Removed the app, phone is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Post in the Android section recommends clearing storage/cache in Google Store. It will necessitate signing in to Google pay again if you use it.

I reinstalled the app, drained my battery again, despite clearing the cache.

Anyone temptped by the 7.2 i already upgraded on 3 to a huawei p20 lite but havent used it prefer my 7 plus but would have to buy the 7.2 straight out at 230.

I had my charge port repaired under warranty a while back. The warranty period has ended. Now I have the screen coming loose. If I hold the phone at an angle, it'll eventually start to fall out. Works fine otherwise! Not sure if I can put any adhesive or glue inside to keep it from happening. Will stick with it till it eventually does. Not sure I'll get another Nokia, might try Realme next.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

GBX wrote: »
    Now I have the screen coming loose. If I hold the phone at an angle, it'll eventually start to fall out.

Funnily enough that is exactly what started happening to mine after I got my screen repaired by Nokia....!

I brought it to GSM solutions who glued it back into place, they said there was very little adhesive used. (Nokia offered to take it back and fix it for free but it would have meant another DHL trip to Hungary, it was a cheap and quick fix to arrange locally).

If that's all that is wrong with it I would just bring it to a local repair shop and get them to re-glue it.

• Advertisement

CiboC wrote: »
    Funnily enough that is exactly what started happening to mine after I got my screen repaired by Nokia....!

I brought it to GSM solutions who glued it back into place, they said there was very little adhesive used. (Nokia offered to take it back and fix it for free but it would have meant another DHL trip to Hungary, it was a cheap and quick fix to arrange locally).

If that's all that is wrong with it I would just bring it to a local repair shop and get them to re-glue it.

Thanks. Might just do that. Other than the screen it's grand. I actually won this phone with Three 2 years ago. So I owes me nothing. Now that it's out of warranty if anything else goes wrong I won't be too upset.

ofcork wrote: »
    Anyone temptped by the 7.2 i already upgraded on 3 to a huawei p20 lite but havent used it prefer my 7 plus but would have to buy the 7.2 straight out at 230.
    If you can hold on another month or so, the 7.3 and it's 90Hz screen (& 5G) is due out:
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/nokia-7-3-5g-leak-james-bond-set_id126637
    https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/nokia-9-3-pureview-7-3-5g-6-3-q4-2020-launch-2-4-3-4-september-report-2280896

Hopefully it will be available on upgrade from the carriers too. Personally, I found the 7.2 specs & reviews a bit meh...

August Security Patch now OTA - 41Mb. Phone restart took a while in my case...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

August Security Patch now OTA - 41Mb. Phone restart took a while in my case...

Those restarts can be scary...

Does anyone know if our handsets will be eligible for Android 11?....when it's released....

Does anyone know if our handsets will be eligible for Android 11?....when it's released....

I can't see it happening. The 7.2 and 7.3 on the way will likely get it. Security updates perhaps but unless it's an unofficial version I doubt it.

GBX wrote: »
    I can't see it happening. The 7.2 and 7.3 on the way will likely get it. Security updates perhaps but unless it's an unofficial version I doubt it.

Thanks for the reply....
    Due an upgrade next August...wait till then..

Sept Security Patch is OTA - 40.55Mb

I picked up a 7.2 it's grand. Doesn't knock my sockets off the way the 7 plus did. The charging port was replaced on my old and went dodgey again, then I smashed the screen. The 7.2 doesn't feel like I got a new phone, just like my 7 plus was repaired.

• Advertisement

Mine is starting to freeze up at times have to restart it each time.

Advertisement