Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

And my phone is back to freezing again. Just when I thought it was fixed it comes back. No Biggie. Screen off and on again, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

emo72 wrote: »
    And my phone is back to freezing again. Just when I thought it was fixed it comes back. No Biggie. Screen off and on again, sorted.
    Any particular pattern to this? Ie, is it truly a frozen screen (no Home buttons or gesture control response) or a particular frozen app? Eg sometimes while browsing the web it seemed to me the screen had frozen but in fact the webpage had frozen and I could swipe Chrome off.

Otherwise try rebooting into Safe Mode (hold the Power button, then press & hold the onscreen Power off symbol for the safe mode dialogue) to see if disabling apps improves the behaviour - if it does, restart and delete apps in reverse installation order, and/or Factory Reset (back everything up to Drive first) then incrementally restore your apps until you identify the one(s) causing the issue.

Other steps described here, including checking remaining storage space, etc:

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7664998?hl=en

After that you could be be looking at potential hardware causes - you can check your warranty status and kick off a Nokia Support Chat session & RMA directions from the My Phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

My work phone is a Nokia 7 plus has Intune on it as the work management profile,

However since an 10.0 update my god the lag on this phone isn’t even funny, I only use it for emails and teams and it’s pointless you start to type a email and the thing just freezes ha,

So is a factory restart worth it ? Will this fix anything ? As to remove it from intune is a pain,

Or should I just buy a new work phone ? As I have the budget to buy one and I won’t the easy fix

My work phone is a Nokia 7 plus has Intune on it as the work management profile,

However since an 10.0 update my god the lag on this phone isn’t even funny, I only use it for emails and teams and it’s pointless you start to type a email and the thing just freezes ha,

So is a factory restart worth it ? Will this fix anything ? As to remove it from intune is a pain,

Or should I just buy a new work phone ? As I have the budget to buy one and I won’t the easy fix
    What is non-Intune related app performance like? You could certainly try the same troubleshooting as above, and/or if the issue is confined to your Intune app, then your work company's IT support are probably better-positioned to troubleshoot/advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

February 2020 security update downloading. 54.8mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Battery life is gone to pot since the update to 10, mines forever on the bloody charger.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Battery life is gone to pot since the update to 10, mines forever on the bloody charger.

Mine was a bit dodgy at the start but has since levelled out to pre 10 standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

CoBo55 wrote: »

Mine was the same. Pure malogen after the update. Turned off adaptive battery and back to normal now. Give it a go and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Mine was the same. Pure malogen after the update. Turned off adaptive battery and back to normal now. Give it a go and see how you get on.

Just turned it off there now I’ll keep you posted, many thanks, it was starting to resemble an iPhone...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

emo72 wrote: »

Mine is constantly freezing now, much worse than it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did any of the people having problems try a hard reset and restore? Mine's been like butter since the update, but I cleared the phone and started from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Mine isn't freezing as much battery life has picked up again too.

March Security Patch now OTA - 55.1Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeyCelia

It seems phones used long time will become slow, even factory reset doesn't work.

For a new phone, You may try Huawei P40 series. Today is the global launch event and may ready in Ireland market on 7-Apr. Amazing camera by capturing photos and videos anytime and anywhere you want, and the innovative design!
    It can share data by handset knocking the laptop!!

Which means, you need by a handset+laptop. hahaha:)

Mine is freezing a fair bit again also battery life is gone down again,due an upgrade in a few months will have to see whats out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Mine freezing non stop this past 3 weeks. Feels like it's on its last legs.

Looking at Google pixel 3 XL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I am not using my Nokia 7 Plus at the moment as my main device so I only have 16 minunte screen time (downloads of updates and a sproadic text here or there) and last last charge was 2 days ago and I'm down to 75%.

This is worse than in the past, where I lost not more than 15% in similar scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Having really bad charging issues, from very slow charging to it randomly stop charging. Also have to charge it at an angle so it sounds like i have a port and battery problem.
    Never buying Nokia again, this is brutal and it sounds like its very common.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Boooourns wrote: »
    Having really bad charging issues, from very slow charging to it randomly stop charging. Also have to charge it at an angle so it sounds like i have a port and battery problem.
    Never buying Nokia again, this is brutal and it sounds like its very common.

Yes it is,and I was slated here for bringing up the same points,old Nokia's were brilliant I'd quite a few but won't go down that road again either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Yes it is,and I was slated here for bringing up the same points,old Nokia's were brilliant I'd quite a few but won't go down that road again either

I really like the actual phone but these issues are unforgivable. I've been in contact with Nokia so i'll see where i get with them.

• Advertisement

I really like the actual phone but these issues are unforgivable. I've been in contact with Nokia so i'll see where i get with them.

You'll get absolutely no where,I went down all avenues in the end up warranty was out,phone back with them a few times, Google the charging port problem it's widely known yet they deny it,do yourself a favour buy a decent xiaomi phone,most if not all specced way above any Nokia, dependable

You'll get absolutely no where,I went down all avenues in the end up warranty was out,phone back with them a few times, Google the charging port problem it's widely known yet they deny it,do yourself a favour buy a decent xiaomi phone,most if not all specced way above any Nokia, dependable

I got my charging port replaced under warranty.
    Check your IMEI on here and see how you get on
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support

Others report on this thread that the warranty repair service is (or at least was pre-CoVid) very quick & effective.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112461309&postcount=1409
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111484269&postcount=1320

Nokia are adding 45 days to expiring warranties - relevant to 7+'s that are coming up to 2yo...

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/16/nokia-adds-an-extra-45-days-to-expiring-smartphone-warranties/

Nokia are adding 45 days to expiring warranties - relevant to 7+'s that are coming up to 2yo...

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/16/nokia-adds-an-extra-45-days-to-expiring-smartphone-warranties/
    My advice is if in warranty get a new unit off them

Others report on this thread that the warranty repair service is (or at least was pre-CoVid) very quick & effective.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112461309&postcount=1409
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111484269&postcount=1320

I got it done also but it didn't last ( a few months) son's phone,got him a decent phone instead

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You were slated for posting the same issue again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Quackster wrote: »
    You were slated for posting the same issue again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

And again sorry couldn't resist, categorically state now, finished,thumbs up,,,,,,,,,,,, until the next time

My freezing getting worse even happens in the middle of typing due an upgrade in june,5G phones big money though.

• Advertisement

My advice is if in warranty get a new unit off them
    I didn't ask you for any advice nor do I require a new unit.

Advertisement