Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My freezing improved when I turn on Gesture Navigation (System -> Gestures-> System Navigation) Turn off 3 button navigation and use Gesture Navigation instead.

It takes a bit of getting used to but was worth it as it drastically improved my screen freezes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Trying that now bit different alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I had my charging port fixed under warranty a few months ago and it's been perfect ever since, I'm still very happy with mine....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Boooourns

CiboC wrote: »
    I had my charging port fixed under warranty a few months ago and it's been perfect ever since, I'm still very happy with mine....

I'm sending mine off this week to get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Boooourns wrote: »
    I'm sending mine off this week to get fixed.
    Best of luck & let us know how you get on - good or bad!

• Advertisement

Best of luck & let us know how you get on - good or bad!

Ha will do, was collected by DHL this morning.

Got an email saying phone is out of warranty because i have a crack on the screen. I have a hairline crack on it but the screen works perfect but they say the screen needs fixing as do some mechanical parts and the charge would be 250euro.
    No way am i paying that so they're just sending it back.

Got an email saying phone is out of warranty because i have a crack on the screen. I have a hairline crack on it but the screen works perfect but they say the screen needs fixing as do some mechanical parts and the charge would be 250euro.
    No way am i paying that so they're just sending it back.
    Ouch! That is steep! Have you tried pleading with support for an exception as the two issues are unrelated and you only require the charging port to be repaired?

To be honest though, I suspect that the phone screen would need to be removed to access the internals and is not an entirely gentle process, so the crack might make it more fragile and likely to shatter in the process. Hope there's still scope for a review and more positive outcome though...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Ha will do, was collected by DHL this morning.

My phone's charging port has been faulty for a while, I need to contact Nokia about it. I was going to but then the lockdown hit so I said I'd leave it a while in case it wouldn't come back if the repair centre closed.

DHL collect ? If so I think I'll try to get it repaired soon, it's not too bad but I want to get it repaired under warranty.

Sorry to hear about yours not being fixed under warranty.

Ouch! That is steep! Have you tried pleading with support for an exception as the two issues are unrelated and you only require the charging port to be repaired?

To be honest though, I suspect that the phone screen would need to be removed to access the internals and is not an entirely gentle process, so the crack might make it more fragile and likely to shatter in the process. Hope there's still scope for a review and more positive outcome though...

Ah i just clicked on the return phone option when i saw the price. Annoying and a disappointing outcome.
    Alfie1 wrote: »
    My phone's charging port has been faulty for a while, I need to contact Nokia about it. I was going to but then the lockdown hit so I said I'd leave it a while in case it wouldn't come back if the repair centre closed.

DHL collect ? If so I think I'll try to get it repaired soon, it's not too bad but I want to get it repaired under warranty.

Sorry to hear about yours not being fixed under warranty.

Yeah DHL will come to your house to pick it up. You'll need to print off their deliver slip and attach it to your package, it got to Nokia in 2 days.

• Advertisement

I had managed to get my phone charging albeit very slowly before I sent it off, I could get it to 75% and use the phone as normal. Since it's comeback it won't charge at all now. I've emailed them so I await their response, in the meantime I had to fork out for a new phone...not a Nokia.

I had managed to get my phone charging albeit very slowly before I sent it off, I could get it to 75% and use the phone as normal. Since it's comeback it won't charge at all now. I've emailed them so I await their response, in the meantime I had to fork out for a new phone...not a Nokia.

April Security Patch now OTA - 55Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Been following this thread for a while. I bought a SIM free Nokia 7.1 in Dec 18. It can be a little glitchy at times but for the most part, it’s been a brilliant phone and was great value for money. Looks the charging port failed on it last week. Thankfully it was still under warranty so it went back to “them”. I had the screen replaced on it recently so I’m hoping that won’t be deemed as having invalidated the warranty. Waiting on an update email at the moment.

Incidentally, the 7.2 is going for €249 in Harvey Norman at the moment. If there’s any issues I’d be happy to buy another one at that price. Still makes financial sense in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

My wifes Nokia 7 plus charging screen now not working.
    Same happened mine.
    There is a tiny crack on screen so not worth sending it back.
    Ordered her a Samsung M20.
    Pity so many 7 plus go this way as a great phone apart from the charging port

Been following this thread for a while. I bought a SIM free Nokia 7.1 in Dec 18. It can be a little glitchy at times but for the most part, it’s been a brilliant phone and was great value for money. Looks the charging port failed on it last week. Thankfully it was still under warranty so it went back to “them”. I had the screen replaced on it recently so I’m hoping that won’t be deemed as having invalidated the warranty. Waiting on an update email at the moment.

Incidentally, the 7.2 is going for €249 in Harvey Norman at the moment. If there’s any issues I’d be happy to buy another one at that price. Still makes financial sense in my eyes.

I'm never going to go back to them, my nokia wouldn't charge at all since they sent mine back. Said they wouldn't fix it due to the crack on the screen which i don't have much of a problem with but the phone is completely useless now and they're just fobbing me off with emails. It was charging before i sent it off albiet very slowly but it was still working.
    I bought a realme pro 5 8gb ram 128gb storage for 230euro delivered after advice from this forum and i'll never look back (4gb ram is 200euro).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Holiday to Thailand
    sorted

:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

deckie27 wrote: »

Holiday to Thailand
    sorted

:P:P

No need for that music tho!
    Criminal :)

Think my charging port is starting to act up when I move the cable slightly it shows either charging or charging rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I dropped my 7.1 into the DHL centre last Friday for charging socket repair. I was nervous that they might come back and say the screen replacement I got recently invalidated the warranty. Got an email on Thursday to say the phone was repaired and it’s now on it’s way back - should have it on Tuesday. Bit nervous as the repair seems to be more prone to failure that the original one. Fingers crossed. I really like the phone.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone.
    From the home screen when you tapped on the day and date it would take you to the calendar and if you tapped the temp it took you to weather.The weather is still working but not the calendar,just found this out today.
    Tried a restart but still not working.
    Anyone else?

Mine is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Permissions?
    I have the at a glace widget on my Mi9 and had to give it permission to the calendar again for it to work.

Used to work...looked in all the settings and options.... nothings changed
    I imagine Google broke something on the May 7th update in the Play Store

System update V4.15D now OTA fyi. Includes:
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google Security Patch 2020-05
    - 320Mb

System update V4.15D now OTA fyi. Includes:
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google Security Patch 2020-05
    - 320Mb

Thanks
    Downloading now:)

How are people finding the update?

I got mine back form Nokia service a few weeks ago (charger port and freezing reported)

Since I got it back it has not had the freezing issue.
    I'm almost scared to update further

I got mine back form Nokia service a few weeks ago (charger port and freezing reported)

No issues with the update. The charging port issue was a hardware issue, not software.

No issues with the update. The charging port issue was a hardware issue, not software.

Thanks

:) I know charging port is hardware..
    but the freezing (need for a lock and unlock) was not a hardware issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Mine started freezing as of today, not arsed getting charge plug fixed.

Looking to stick with Android, about 300 or so to spend, mid range is fine, any suggestions?

Advertisement