Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

GBX wrote: »
    Sent the phone back on Friday, back in my hand now. Fixed and all working again. Great service from HMD Nokia :)

Hope the charge port works out for you ,known fault ,my kids one went belly up after getting repaired,keep an eye for when the warranty time is up you're on your own,some ppl have no problems yet all around the globe it's a known problem for hundreds,hope you're in the lucky category

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hope the charge port works out for you ,known fault ,my kids one went belly up after getting repaired,keep an eye for when the warranty time is up you're on your own,some ppl have no problems yet all around the globe it's a known problem for hundreds,hope you're in the lucky category

Yeah so far so good. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

hatchman wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing low in call volume post update ? Any fixes ?

On some calls volume is very low battery life seems to be worse too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Battery life has just sh1t itself after the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

GBX wrote: »
    Did a factory reset and updated all my apps etc. Fully charged but notice the battery not holding the charge as it was before the update to 10.

Had since gotten into Nokia about the charge port not working. They've sent me a label. Gonna drop the phone off and send it away with DHL. Hopefully they sort it.

Hi, who did you contact regarding the charging port to get it repaired ?
    I bought mine from Argos instead of Vodafone as they had no stock.

PS Unfortunately I'm also noticing a big difference in battery usage since the upgrade to 10.

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Hi, who did you contact regarding the charging port to get it repaired ?
    I bought mine from Argos instead of Vodafone as they had no stock.

PS Unfortunately I'm also noticing a big difference in battery usage since the upgrade to 10.

Check the phone is in warranty here - https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_ie/support/topics/imei-checker

If so use the chat to get support to start the process. They will send you a return label. Not sure where you are located - I had to drop it to DHL in Pearse St in Dublin.
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/support

The phone is listed as in warranty, it's only just over 12 months old.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Call back to Argos. They may give you a new one

The first thing I did was see if it was still available to buy on the Argos website ;) It's not unfortunately.

My sons was just over 12 months and they wouldn't fix it (VF) even though it was in for 2nd repair ( charging port again)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Nokia would be the ones to contact, VF don't make the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

My sons was just over 12 months and they wouldn't fix it (VF) even though it was in for 2nd repair ( charging port again)

To break it once may be regarded as a misfortune; to break it twice looks like carelessness.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    To break it once may be regarded as a misfortune; to break it twice looks like carelessness.

Not really considering Nokia have a history of charging port issues.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Nokia would be the ones to contact, VF don't make the phone.

Yes but phone had to be returned to VF first, protocol kid

Wasn't fixed was my point,if you'd care to Google Nokia 7 plus porting problems their in lies the answer

It was a FAULT,not broken here,but a well known worldwide fault Nokia had but didn't acknowledge,check posts about it ( Nokia forums etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

No it doesn't. I bought my phone from Vodafone and was able to go straight to Nokia to get it fixed. As I mentioned earlier Nokia were extremely fast and accommodating about getting the repair done.

Not for a manufacturer warranty issue. VF are only the re-seller, they can just tell you bring it up with Nokia.
    If mine had ever broken while I was using it, I'd be onto Nokia about it, waste of my time to say it to Vodafone.

I got a pair of Creative bluetooth earphones. When somebody calls while in use, it rings both in ear and through the phone. Is this the case for everybody else?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Not for a manufacturer warranty issue. VF are only the re-seller, they can just tell you bring it up with Nokia.
    If mine had ever broken while I was using it, I'd be onto Nokia about it, waste of my time to say it to Vodafone.

No, Vodafone is the retailer and as your contract of sale is with them, you have the legal right to insist they resolve your issue. They're not entitled to fob you off to the manufacturer.

Having said that, you have an absolute right to choose to go directly to the manufacturer if they offer a warranty. Often, this may be the handier option, and it sounds like it is in this instance.

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I bought my phone from Vodafone and was able to go straight to Nokia to get it fixed. As I mentioned earlier Nokia were extremely fast and accommodating about getting the repair done.

Sorry thought u were being a smart ass, bought the phone online from VF and they insisted I drop it into the store I collected from( VF Wilton s.c. ) took a 2 weeks to get it back,never charged properly after the repair( charging port) went back with it( same prob) never worked properly ,so I gave up bought him a one plus 7 something or other - no problems

Quackster wrote: »
    No, Vodafone is the retailer and as your contract of sale is with them, you have the legal right to insist they resolve your issue. They're not entitled to fob you off to the manufacturer.

Having said that, you have an absolute right to choose to go directly to the manufacturer if they offer a warranty. Often, this may be the handier option, and it sounds like it is in this instance.

I did insist but obviously not strong enough,and by the time I decided to ask for a replacement bloody warranty was out( spare Nokia 7 plus here for parts )

There's a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the Nokia 7 Plus ;)
    Looking at the first page on this thread suggests they are all < 2 years old.

There's a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the Nokia 7 Plus ;)
    Looking at the first page on this thread suggests they are all < 2 years old.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Looks like the latest My Phone app update will let you purchase extended insurance/warranty.

Useful if your kids tend to break your phones and save you time banging on about it for eeeeeevvver on on internet forums...

Looks like the latest My Phone app update will let you purchase extended insurance/warranty.

Useful if your kids tend to break your phones and save you time banging on about it for eeeeeevvver on on internet forums...

Big cheesy smile back at you,vv good
    PS you can't break something already broken,and I got him a decent phone one plus 7?? No more Nokia ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Big cheesy smile back at you,vv good
    PS you can't break something already broken,and I got him a decent phone one plus 7?? No more Nokia ****e
    Really... And what happened to the Xiaomi? Broke it?

Your "story" changes each time you post here... First it was your phone, then it's your son's. First was fixed once then your son broke it - now it was never fixed at all so your son can't have broken it...

The only consistent thing here is that everyone else who has posted their Nokia repair experience has been satisfied despite all your months of thread hijacking & post trolling.

Your "story" changes each time you post here... First it was your phone, then it's your son's. First was fixed once then your son broke it - now it was never fixed at all so your son can't have broken it...

The only consistent thing here is that everyone else who has posted their Nokia repair experience has been satisfied despite all your months of thread hijacking & post trolling.

Not trolling honey ,just putting my opinion in,and this is an open forum is it not?ta ta,and hundreds of pppl are not happy with the shoddy experience/ repair jobs by Nokia worldwide Google it and cop on

I NEVER had a Nokia, bought it for my son,I've a mi note 10 atm, hope your not too upset deary, night night,hugs etc as you obviously need some,oh and I'll keep on putting my in put here

• Advertisement

Not trolling honey ,just putting my opinion in,and this is an open forum is it not?ta ta,and hundreds of pppl are not happy with the shoddy experience/ repair jobs by Nokia worldwide Google it and cop on
    Thing is, you've made your point known, repeatedly.
    Neither of you have a Nokia any more so I'm not sure why you keep coming in here to tell everyone again how they didn't fix the phone.

In the words of Elsa: Let it go.

Advertisement