Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I updated manually and find the battery charging better. But i'm having issues with the usb port so its not all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

No sign of it on vf either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No sign of it on vf either.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

OTA update seems to have only hit Europe over the past 2 days. Really poor EU rollout lag times even by the usual tardy Nokia standards... Glad I sideloaded when I did!

Fast Charge times seem improved for me also, but is anyone else experiencing issues with Fingerprint Unlock? I find now I usually need 2 goes before it unlocks -first attempt causes the phone to vibrate but no login failure message; 2nd go then succeeds as normal...

Otherwise everything pretty much hunky dory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Android 10 update just arrived for me. Updating as we speak, 1.4GB download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Same here waiting to go home for WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Downloading now

Available for me too I'll wait until later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nice to have gestures built in to Android now. Used them before in MIUI, very handy feature.

Phone seems quicker scrolling wise so far so good

• Advertisement

Screen comes on when you move phone now instead of just showing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Have it downloaded but the ever growing number of bugs listed here have me wondering whether to allow it to install it or not.
    I wonder is it as bad as they say. A few on there reckon a factory reset clears up a good share of the issues.

Have it downloaded but the ever growing number of bugs listed here have me wondering whether to allow it to install it or not.
    I wonder is it as bad as they say. A few on there reckon a factory reset clears up a good share of the issues.

It's working perfectly for me I just let it install.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm having issues with the screen freezing. I have to lock the phone and open it with finger print.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I did a factory reset because it was a good excuse to get rid of old apps and data.

So far I only have noticed improvements from better fast charge and longer battery life to a general quicker system.

Only issue is that the keyboard was too inaccurate so I swapped to SwiftKey and now I am good.

I think it comes down to your usage of the device.

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm having issues with the screen freezing. I have to lock the phone and open it with finger print.

My screen has been freezing even before the update have to lock and unlock also disconnected itself from the cars blue tooth yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

ofcork wrote: »
    My screen has been freezing even before the update have to lock and unlock also disconnected itself from the cars blue tooth yesterday.

Mine has been freezing on and off for a month! Just got used to it at this stage. Will be good to see if the update sorts it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

To clarify, my phone has been freezing for about a month. The update brought no change.

emo72 wrote: »
    To clarify, my phone has been freezing for about a month. The update brought no change.

It could be a rogue app hogging resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

January Security Patch now OTA (53Mb)

• Advertisement

Anyway to stop the screen coming on when you move the phone before it used to show the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyway to stop the screen coming on when you move the phone before it used to show the time.

They were discussing removing English from the leaving cert syllabus on the radio this week...

Go to settings, gestures > lift to check phone. Switch that off.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They were discussing removing English from the leaving cert syllabus on the radio this week...

Very helpful I must say.

GBX wrote: »
    Go to settings, gestures > lift to check phone. Switch that off.

Thanks that done the trick only before the update it would just show the time not light up the screen.

Google it there seems Android 10 removed the black lockscreen displaying just the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Google it there seems Android 10 removed the black lockscreen displaying just the time.
    Yeah seems to be gone, annoying that.
    I initially thought it wasn't possible on my Mi9 T but seems it's just Android 10.
    Hopefully they restore it at some stage, lot of people not happy it's gone.

Did a factory reset and updated all my apps etc. Fully charged but notice the battery not holding the charge as it was before the update to 10.

Had since gotten into Nokia about the charge port not working. They've sent me a label. Gonna drop the phone off and send it away with DHL. Hopefully they sort it.

Sent the phone back on Friday, back in my hand now. Fixed and all working again. Great service from HMD Nokia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Anyone experiencing low in call volume post update ? Any fixes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sent the phone back on Friday, back in my hand now. Fixed and all working again. Great service from HMD Nokia :)

Hope the charge port works out for you ,known fault ,my kids one went belly up after getting repaired,keep an eye for when the warranty time is up you're on your own,some ppl have no problems yet all around the globe it's a known problem for hundreds,hope you're in the lucky category

Advertisement