Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Mine started freezing as of today, not arsed getting charge plug fixed.

In fairness to Nokia, they make the process very simple and the turnaround is pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

In fairness to Nokia, they make the process very simple and the turnaround is pretty quick.

That doesn't fix the freezing issue though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

That doesn't fix the freezing issue though

It did for me

deckie27 wrote: »
    It did for me

Fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Did for me too.

If you are in warranty try it, the service is free and easy, what have you got to loose?

• Advertisement

For those that have had the fix, does it fix the appalling battery life too? Used to be incredible now it's desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Battery life on mine has become terrible too, I barely get the day out of it now it used to be three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Well the charging port problem has happened on mine have to move the cable to try and keep it charging,do I contact 3 or Nokia.

ofcork wrote: »
    Well the charging port problem has happened on mine have to move the cable to try and keep it charging,do I contact 3 or Nokia.

Either but i'd go to Nokia.
    Will be collected from Ur house and be back in about a week.

Thanks just emailed them there also I've an upgrade due from 3 don't know what to get still think the 7 plus is one of the best looking phones out there.

• Advertisement

Looking to stick with Android, about 300 or so to spend, mid range is fine, any suggestions?

pixel 3a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Looking to stick with Android, about 300 or so to spend, mid range is fine, any suggestions?

Xperia 10 ii

Xperia 10 ii

Have since looked at this, Pixel 3A XL & Galaxy A71.

Need to make a call on it soon, driving me mad.

Got a new iPhone SE today as a work upgrade to my 4 year old 6S, exact same phone! Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Have since looked at this, Pixel 3A XL & Galaxy A71.

Need to make a call on it soon, driving me mad.

Got a new iPhone SE today as a work upgrade to my 4 year old 6S, exact same phone! Ridiculous.

The Xperia comes with a 21:9 aspect ratio screen. It's a bit odd at first but you get used to it very quickly. I've got an Xperia 1 and I absolutely love it. Its a joy to use and hold. Other phones just seems way too big now.

deckie27 wrote: »
    Either but i'd go to Nokia.
    Will be collected from Ur house and be back in about a week.

They emailed back with an address in hungary will have to get it sorted although have upgraded with 3 to a huawei p30 lite for free.

ofcork wrote: »
    They emailed back with an address in hungary will have to get it sorted although have upgraded with 3 to a huawei p30 lite for free.

When I did it a few weeks ago they sent a courier a few hours later yes it went to hungry and got there in about 20 hours

DHL picked mine up friday email today say they received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

June Security Patch now OTA - 41-ish Mb...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just getting it now.

Good to see updates still coming through. Not sure how long they'll continue - or is it an Android specific thing that they must be issued?

GBX wrote: »
    Just getting it now.

Good to see updates still coming through. Not sure how long they'll continue - or is it an Android specific thing that they must be issued?
    The good thing about having a device that's in the Android One program is that we're assured major updates for 2 yrs (so far we've received Pie & 10), and a further year's monthly security patches. So we have at least the rest of the year's worth of security patches to go still and maybe even part of 2021, although it's debatable if we'll see 11...

I seem to recall that Nokia decided to issue 10 for the 8 Sirocco even though it was technically >2yo at that stage..?

• Advertisement

Phone on way back hopefully working fine will use it instead of the p30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My charging port is acting up again. Did I read in this thread that Nokia has extended the guarantee for the 7 Plus?

My guarantee was up in mid June!

branners69 wrote: »
    My charging port is acting up again. Did I read in this thread that Nokia has extended the guarantee for the 7 Plus?

My guarantee was up in mid June!
    Check your "My Phone" app under "Support" - your warranty status will be displayed there, as well as contact points for repairs.

Check your "My Phone" app under "Support" - your warranty status will be displayed there, as well as contact points for repairs.

I didnt even know I had that app.

But it just says "Unfortunately we couldnt find your warranty"

I might get in touch with them tomorrow. Must ask them about my Google Home Speaker which was on offer with the phone at time of purchase which I never received :)

I might get in touch with them tomorrow. Must ask them about my Google Home Speaker which was on offer with the phone at time of purchase which I never received :)
    Mine says the same since a week or so ago when it unfortunately went out of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Would that not be with the network deal on offer at the time though?

Mine says the same since a week or so ago when it unfortunately went out of warranty

I definitely bought in June 2018 but I thought I had read in this thread that Nokia extended the warranty by 6 months but judging by the fact they cant find a warranty I must be wrong. Not to worry it still charges just cable has to go in a certain way!
    GBX wrote: »
    Would that not be with the network deal on offer at the time though?

No was definitely a Nokia offer, some people received the speaker at the time. I was one of those who didnt. I messaged Nokia a few times and they said it was on the way, that they were experiencing delays but it never arrived!

I definitely bought in June 2018 but I thought I had read in this thread that Nokia extended the warranty by 6 months but judging by the fact they cant find a warranty I must be wrong. Not to worry it still charges just cable has to go in a certain way!
    It only applied to devices expiring between 15-Mar & 15-May unfortunately:
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/16/nokia-adds-an-extra-45-days-to-expiring-smartphone-warranties/

It only applied to devices expiring between 15-Mar & 15-May unfortunately:
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/16/nokia-adds-an-extra-45-days-to-expiring-smartphone-warranties/

That must have been it! Thanks.

• Advertisement

Got mine back just there on charge now says fault code was leakage current replaced that and also speaker as said audio was poor which i hadnt really noticed as such.

Advertisement