Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

emo72 wrote: »
    I thought my phone had the charging issue. The port was just full of gunk. I went in store to get it repaired and the girl just stuck a pin in and cleared it out. Totally sorted it and didn't have to go without my phone. Just double check, I couldn't see the gunk myself till she started pulling it out. Jobs Oxo.
    I did this the other night cos mine was giving hassle, you don't realise the amount of fluff and crap that actually gets in there

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭robinwing

will 7+ work with drones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gonna post this here as its somewhat related to my Nokia 7 plus.

I was trying to get RCS messages set up using this reddit post but it doesn't seem to work for me - It wont verify - maybe Google have closed the loophole (?) Anyway, no big deal for me was more curiosity to see if it worked. I use Whatsapp 99% of the time anyway.

One thing I've noticed in the messages settings is that the number keeps changing to a different number than mine. I've reset it to mine in trying to get the above set up but it will change itself back. Do sim cards come with a precoded number only to be rewritten once it is allocated a proper billing number? Is the phone pulling this number from the sim and rewriting it in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

GBX wrote: »
    Gonna post this here as its somewhat related to my Nokia 7 plus.

I was trying to get RCS messages set up using this reddit post but it doesn't seem to work for me - It wont verify - maybe Google have closed the loophole (?) Anyway, no big deal for me was more curiosity to see if it worked. I use Whatsapp 99% of the time anyway.

One thing I've noticed in the messages settings is that the number keeps changing to a different number than mine. I've reset it to mine in trying to get the above set up but it will change itself back. Do sim cards come with a precoded number only to be rewritten once it is allocated a proper billing number? Is the phone pulling this number from the sim and rewriting it in the settings?

Dual SIM phone don't support RCS yet.

I'm also seeing the SIM number, not my own ported number. It's fecking with my OCD.

Thats the thing, Mine is TA-1055 = SingleSIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

GBX wrote: »
    Thats the thing, Mine is TA-1055 = SingleSIM

THey say to keep trying until it goes through. Clearing data, force stopping apps etc...

I'll keep at it so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I got myself a 7+ November last year on PAYG. Start of this month, USB port fails and the phone wont charge. Contacted Nokia on 04/11/2019 and used their webchat to describe the problem. Phone was picked up by courier 05/11/2019 and today 12/11/2019 I have the device back in my hands. Port seems to be fully repaired and working normally, no movement in it like it had developed before. Pretty impressed with the turn around to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

emo72 wrote:
    I thought my phone had the charging issue. The port was just full of gunk. I went in store to get it repaired and the girl just stuck a pin in and cleared it out. Totally sorted it and didn't have to go without my phone. Just double check, I couldn't see the gunk myself till she started pulling it out. Jobs Oxo.

My kids one had to go back 3 times ,last time we were told just out of warranty ,never again Nokia- worldwide fault charging port ,yet they wouldn't recall and fix properly

fixXxer wrote:
    I got myself a 7+ November last year on PAYG. Start of this month, USB port fails and the phone wont charge. Contacted Nokia on 04/11/2019 and used their webchat to describe the problem. Phone was picked up by courier 05/11/2019 and today 12/11/2019 I have the device back in my hands. Port seems to be fully repaired and working normally, no movement in it like it had developed before. Pretty impressed with the turn around to be honest.

It'll go again,my advice look for a brand new phone from them,then at least your warranty will run on a bit longer- total waste of money,and a worldwide problem yet they don't fix it as in a recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

My kids one had to go back 3 times ,last time we were told just out of warranty ,never again Nokia- worldwide fault charging port ,yet they wouldn't recall and fix properly

24 month warranty
    Is the 7 plus out that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Released last Feb, so should still be in warranty.

I must have gotten one of the good batch, no issues whatsoever with mine since I got it last March.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Released last Feb, so should still be in warranty.

I must have gotten one of the good batch, no issues whatsoever with mine since I got it last March.
    Same here. However certain posters continue to wage a campaign on this and other Nokia threads.

Latest security update installing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Charger issue here, getting unusable now. Possible move to Google 3a xl incoming. Pity, as I've loved the phone otherwise.

Charger issue here, getting unusable now. Possible move to Google 3a xl incoming. Pity, as I've loved the phone otherwise.

If it's still in warranty try contacting Nokia? I can only speak from my own experience but they had it sorted out really quickly.

fixXxer wrote: »
    If it's still in warranty try contacting Nokia? I can only speak from my own experience but they had it sorted out really quickly.

90% sure I only had a 1 year warranty with it, was it supposed to be 2? Will have a look for it.

90% sure I only had a 1 year warranty with it, was it supposed to be 2? Will have a look for it.

You can check with this.

That's brilliant thanks, looks like it's still valid! Now to find the receipt..

How long was your phone away for ?

That's brilliant thanks, looks like it's still valid! Now to find the receipt..

How long was your phone away for ?

From courier pick up to return was seven days. They didn't ask me for PoP but card statement would be fine if you don't have receipt.

• Advertisement

From courier pick up to return was seven days. They didn't ask me for PoP but card statement would be fine if you don't have receipt.

Brilliant thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just having an issue lately with mine where people on the other end are hearing lots of noise and disturbance when I'm not talking.

Anybody else have a similar issue? Possibly something to do with noise cancellation and the mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm having trouble with Waze and Google Maps being very glitchy jumping etc it looks like it can't find my location accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭CiboC

Charging issue started manifesting itself a few months ago and was getting worse. Checked the warranty and, to my surprise, I am still in the warranty period.

To be fair to them, their repair service is pretty slick. Logged the fault, DHL picked up the phone from my house on Monday 9th December. I got an email yesterday to say the repair had been done and the phone was on it's way back to me, due to be delivered on Tuesday.

CiboC wrote: »
    Charging issue started manifesting itself a few months ago and was getting worse. Checked the warranty and, to my surprise, I am still in the warranty period.

To be fair to them, their repair service is pretty slick. Logged the fault, DHL picked up the phone from my house on Monday 9th December. I got an email yesterday to say the repair had been done and the phone was on it's way back to me, due to be delivered on Tuesday.
    My sons

My sons one was repaired several times,no joy,3 times back with Nokia, never again,back to mi note 10,for me and some plus for him,Nokia are unreliable, customer care are bad,,,,if I was you I'd demand a new replacement

Charging issues started over a year ago,well documented buy Nokia denied it worldwide

Be aware- we thought the charging port was fixed aswell but not so,3 times back with them,never fixed properly,never again, back to xiaomi

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Be aware- we thought the charging port was fixed aswell but not so,3 times back with them,never fixed properly,never again, back to xiaomi
    We get that you're bitter. Stop trolling the thread. Merry Christmas.

• Advertisement

We get that you're bitter. Stop trolling the thread. Merry Christmas.

Not trolling at all,just trying to make ppl aware of Nokia's terrible customer care number,+ to try and get the Nokia plus 7 changed before the warranty runs out,as was done to me ,had loads of the old Nokia's no problems,but this particular model has internationally been highlighted as having severe charge porting problems yet Nokia officially deny it

Advertisement