Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Daycent snow in Dublin 16 for the last 30 minutes. Starting to accumulate quite quickly now. -1.1c DP -1.9c atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

RiseToMe wrote: »
    So after our London trip was cancelled on the last event, we managed to reschedule to this weekend and are here now, back Tuesday. How long is this to last? Wondering about getting back to Dublin Airport from London city on Tuesday afternoon

Youll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Dublin airport must have several cm at this stage..I imagine it will close for a while to clear the runways and to de-ice.

No mention in the 08.30 metar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

This snow is a bit weird. It forms a dusting easily but it seems like it's hard to build up from there.

Edit: it's intensifying again and a whiteout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Morby wrote: »
    Snowing very lightly in Galway now

That's what I was afraid of then by the time I arrive there I could be told game in Salthill off.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

I was looking up m50 cameras and the m4 camera was going to travel to salthill galway to see Dubs game.

m50

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m50/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1560

m4

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m4/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1552

It is not as bad as the "beast from the east".
    But it still looks dodgy for driving.
    Not worth it for a game with nothing on it to freeze me bits off.
    Think I am not going chance it might be a frozen pitch (it's salthill after all wasn't that where Theresa Mannion was with her unnecessary journeys bit?.)

But, Connacht won't seem to get the brunt of this according to met eireann

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Connacht

"Today will be very cold. Highest temperatures of just 2 to 4 degrees in a moderate to fresh and gusty east to north-easterly wind. It will be dry in the north-west. In the east and south of the province there will be a few light snow showers. There will be some sunshine at times."

Salt hill now

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Light covering here in Donabate & snowing lightly. Road, trampoline & decking covered, grass starting to disappear & surprisingly nothing sticking on cars. Amazing on 18th Mar at coastal level ! I remember snow showers on Paddy’s Day in the past but never anything with snowball potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

A good bit of snow out here in newbridge! Still pelting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tolka Valley area covered again, I knew I needed mooooooore bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Can anyone tell me what it's like in Dundalk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Celbridge is getting pasted here at the moment. The wind is creating some fairly decent drifts in places.... have had the 4 year old jumping on me in the bed since 7am while his dad managed to stay fast Asleep (how do ye manage it) asking if I wanted to build a snowman.....So off out we go!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Blizzard in Cabra in the last 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,413 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Salt hill now

Jayus looks like a summer postcard! :confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Dusting overnight in Athlone but thawed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Blowing off roofs etc every few minutes combined with very heavy snow creating proper whiteout conditions - visibility getting down to 20 to 50m at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Have to make the trip from Greystones to Gorey around lunchtime today. Any idea what the road conditions might be like. Have had a few whiteout blizzards here in Greystones so far this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Looking at radar 10 mins or so and it will be constant in waterford for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Can’t get over the relentless heavy snow in dublin 5 now. It’s starting to feel like two weeks ago here now. Everything blanketed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I’m hoping to go to the rugby homecoming at 4:30, but with 2 kids, am I going to get a chance?

As it’s still getting heavier here and the schools final has just been cancelled I’m going to answer my own question with a no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Good covering here in ashford co wicklow and still snowing wind very strong

parts of wicklow town and rathnew no power this morning over 2000 homes out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

8cm of level snow now (away from drifts) at my usual snow measuring spot in Dublin 16. -1.0c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

We may have missed out on nigh on every shower last night and up till 7am we just had a bare patchy covering but don't think it's possible to miss out now!

Lovely snow, switching between moderate to heavy and back again. How long can we keep it up now to make up for the lack of snow last night?? Radar looks good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blizzard conditions in Clondalkin. About 10cm overnight. Visibility below 50m

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Steady blizzard here near the Wicklow gap on the Hollywood side. I've small drifts around the house off no more than 30cms. I'd say the gap could still be passible with extreme care although I haven't seen any traffic go up the road since last night, so the roads might be blocked further down. Quite windy and where exposed or channelled it has scoured the snow back to the earth and built it up elsewhere. Generally snow depth is between 5 and 10cms with more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Dinner plates now. A car just dared to roll over my snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Celbridge is getting pasted here at the moment. The wind is creating some fairly decent drifts in places.... have had the 4 year old jumping on me in the bed since 7am while his dad managed to stay fast Asleep (how do ye manage it) asking if I wanted to build a snowman.....So off out we go!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Post some pics of the snowman when he's finished ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Runway at Dublin Airport still holding up at 9 am. Just reported as damp. It and the ramp were sprayed with Potassium acetate deicer a few hours so well done to the team.

Dublin airport fully open (so far). Only flights cancelled so far were Bristol and Heathrow flights

https://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2018/0318/948346-weather-snow-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,576 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is awesome. It's piling up. Total blizzard whiteout now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Heavy snow in East Cork :)

Advertisement