Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Casey78 wrote: »
    Is the Midlands getting any? Supppse to be bring the kids down to Portlaoise to the grandparents today from Dublin.
    Was caught on the M7 the last time so don't want to be caught again.

Portlaoise already has a few cm if looking out my window is any indication, hence my own dilemma above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bit of a thaw on the roads and paths in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Will this snow be in salthill Galway for 2pm? (Galway v Dublin Pearse Stadium)
    Thinking of knocking the trip from Dublin on it's head looks dodgy for driving.

Worst part of the journey would be from Dublin to Athlone i'd say, Galway is safe from this one.
    Slight flurry here just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Loooking on with envy from overseas...looks like a very respectable event for the end of march! Radar promising for the next while also...enjoy it guys, easterlies are rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

pelting down now in Dublin 15.....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Set my alarm for 4.30am and looked outside, clear and no different really to when I went to bed at 12am. Decent snow showers this morning and deck now completely covered - proper snow too, not the mix of stuff like last night. Lusk, North Dublin.

It really is incredible to witness again so soon after the last round, and at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Whiteout blizzards in Greystones..

Living here all my life, 44 years and i don't think i've ever seen the place this white twice in as many decades let alone weeks..

Lovin it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Heavy now again in Dublin 16.
    Is the Lidl open? I feel the need to get some supplies...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Loooking on with envy from overseas...looks like a very respectable event for the end of march! Radar promising for the next while also...enjoy it guys, easterlies are rare!

I was wondering why the lack of reports from the east coast of SoCoDu! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Blizzard going on here! - No an actual one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Cork can expect snow about an hour or two from now lasting several hours, amounts likely to be in the 3 to 8 cm range. It's heading west along the south coast now. Check the radar. I think it will include most of the county at some point not just a coastal strip.

Met Eireann are of a different view. Those showers seem to break up a lot before ever reaching Cork. Maybe east cork might get a bit of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Regarding road coverage, takes some clip of snow at this time of year to get a good cover on the roads. The roads are hitting 15 degrees on an average day under cloud cover, 30-40C with sunshine....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Kamili wrote: »
    Is the Lidl open? I feel the need to get some supplies...

Does not open until 9 (or maybe later on a Sunday?)....I was stocking up in Centra! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, depends where you are in Cork!

I was speaking for myself (assuming people would look at my location). I guess I could have said “I haven’t had one flake of snow down here” but that sounds a bit odd imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We’ve got family driving up from greystones to us in Dundalk for 1pm. Starting to wonder if they’ll cancel. A decent covering here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Does not open until 9 (or maybe later on a Sunday?)....I was stocking up in Centra! :pac:
    Mm breakfast roll....

Kamili wrote: »
    Mm breakfast roll....

Fags!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

South Kilkenny - it snowed over night but nothing heavy and a lot already melting. I got up at 1:30 with my dogs and it was snowing steadily, very very cold. I got up again at 5:30 with them and the ground was covered. I got up then at 8 and a lot of what had fallen over night has thawed, lots of ground and grass visible but it is still snowing. Seems quite wet snow, not that lovely powdery dry snow we had a couple of weeks ago.
    Still happy we got ourselves prepared just in case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Blizzard going on here! - No an actual one.

Any chance of a photo? If ya can see out the window!

Sunny blue skies here in the north west. Wind very cold though.

What a jackpot radar! Unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Blizzard like conditions in Shankill. Proper whiteout again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Absolutely chucking it down here in dublin 5. Everything blanketed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Finally! Heavy snow with decent flakes in Dublin 5 and windy. The surfaces aren't fully covered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Going between heavy white out conditions to moderate snow 227 ASL , - 1.9degrees , 22kph winds, Glencree valley, Co wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

None sinetifc, but I estimate at least 7/8 cm of snow with dubbed that of drifting, like the 28 February it did not really get going till around 4am, I still reckon we will see a red warning from met eireann for some this morning suncroft kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This > Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Clear blue skies here in Douglas, Cork. Can someone please disable the snow shield!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Met Eireann are of a different view. Those showers seem to break up a lot before ever reaching Cork. Maybe east cork might get a bit of snow.

John Eagleton on the RTE Radio 1 daily 7:55am forecast mentioned the showers will spread further into Munster during the day.

Never in your lifetime will there be an event like this on March 18th, so enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭TanyGray

There was a tiny covering in Lucan but its almost all melted now. none sticking to the roads at all.

Advertisement