Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Runway at Dublin Airport now closed for the next 20-30 mins.

Liveatc is a gem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

TAP frozen , unreal stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Coming down in Cobh now the last half hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Coming down heaven now in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

In response to all the questions about the conditions of the roads: Take one look at the current pictures of our main roads:

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/cams/

To be honest, I wouldn’t chance some of these roads right now. However I’m a bit uber-cautious because we nearly had to abandon our car last time so it is best to use your own judgment. Gardaí in some places (e.g. Kildare) are advising against unnecessary journies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Decent snow here on the Tipp/Kilkenny border. Enough landed to keep me happy, but not enough to stop people going about there business. Couple of cm’s max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Chucking it down here in D13. At this rate it'll be as bad as two weeks ago. Luckily we stocked up on two days' worth of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If anyone is interested here is how to setup a mobile phone as a webcam / security camera so you don't have to keep going to widows to look out.
    Install ip webcam on the phone. when its up and running it will give you an ip address. the on pc or laptop type in the address with the port number eg http://192.168.0.10:8080

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-build-a-security-camera-network-out-of-old-smartphones/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Very heavy snow now here in Lucan.
    I had to go out to the shed an hour ago and my footprints have already been filled in. I'd say a good 3-4 cm have fallen since I got up at 7.30, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Even though it's been snowing for two hours plus continuously in Kilkenny, the snow is melting off the road. Why is that? The top pic is now, the bottom one was taken around 7.30am. Sorry, I can't resize these pics in tinypic for some reason.

muwuoz.jpg

2r586kz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Unbelievable blizzard conditions in Newbridge. This gig should be Red

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

This > Emma

Seriously???? Feck it. I am near you but in Galway at the moment. Need to get back to dublin tomorrow....will it be melting? Was completely snowed in during “Emma”

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fat flaking it down in Dublin 16. -1.1c atm.

When do we get our red warning? :pac:

Chucking it down here in D13. At this rate it'll be as bad as two weeks ago. Luckily we stocked up on two days' worth of food.

Will it really be that bad this time? Surely ME would have given red warning if people were going to be stuck for two days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snowing steadily in drogheda a covering on the ground at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Very heavy in waterford

Was just about to say this should definitely be red. Visibility is worse now with the high winds.

It's due to keep snowing today but going to dry out tonight, unless the temperatures come back up we could be looking at this snow for a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The most even snow cover on the road is around 10cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

EPIC

revelman wrote: »
    Will it really be that bad this time? Surely ME would have given red warning if people were going to be stuck for two days?

I'm just going by what's happening outside my window right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Streamers delivering here this time, stocked up yesterday, cannot believe we have having a rerun of emma like conditions so soon, brilliant!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Has to be a red. Take buses off the road. Can't travel in this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

Loving this. Could happily window watch for the day �� Sticking on the grass, not on the roads yet. Hopefully get enough to build a snowman later! (Mallow area)

Just started lightly snowing near Kinsale now. We’ve not had a flake up to now. MT Cranium was spot on in the prediction as to when this would reach us here.

Looks like the roads weren't gritted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

What’s the roads like in Waterford as I’m in work soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

northgirl wrote: »
    Coming down in Cobh now the last half hour or so.

Failry heavy here in Ringaskiddy now too, but not really sticking. Can barely see ye across the harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Solid 3-4cm with additional drifting near Clontarf. Was whiteout for around 20 minutes. Amazing scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

revelman wrote: »
    Just started lightly snowing near Kinsale now. We’ve not had a flake up to now. MT Cranium was spot on in the prediction as to when this would reach us here.

He's some man for one man. Have been window watching since I saw his post saying Cork would get snow in the next hour or two. He's spot on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

This snow in dublin is much heavier than anything in the last cold spell! Heavy flow with large flakes and strong wind, only had tiny flakes last time always
    Gosh this is some memorable march.

Advertisement