Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold: Snow/Ice - Sat 17th March Onward - READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Blizzard d14. Real blizzard

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Public transport won't be able to continue near Santry if this keeps up. Seriously bad conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Never in your lifetime will there be an event like this on March 18th, so enjoy it!
    We had snow on the 22 march last year

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Some rador for snow in the east coast 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Looks like this may keep up for hours going by radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is AMAZING :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

spookwoman wrote: »

Greater Dublin, cold + snow aggregate, you won't ever see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

TanyGray wrote: »
    There was a tiny covering in Lucan but its almost all melted now. none sticking to the roads at all.

It’s hardly melting is it? It’s below 0 degrees. Maybe it’s jusy gettting blown by the wind. That’s the case a couple of miles away in clonsilla anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,760 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Portlaoise a few minutes ago..

2wp318g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Castledermot, Kildare. Still snowing here, light but continuous snow.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Absolutely bucketing down now here in Lusk, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

8 am depths:

2 cm at Dublin and Casement airports.

EDIT: Sorry, read it wrong. Dublin 1 cm at 8 am.

Got it wrong, Dublin depth was 1 cm at 8 am, not 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

spookwoman wrote: »

We didn’t have this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Newbridge , white Gold everywhere , the only question I have was it there when I got home this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

So after our London trip was cancelled on the last event, we managed to reschedule to this weekend and are here now, back Tuesday. How long is this to last? Wondering about getting back to Dublin Airport from London city on Tuesday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Was getting worried about MT's sleet mention for coastal districts but its now blizzard like in Bray. Looks like that LOW from the UK has made it across the Irish Sea and is producing in a big way otherwise last night would have made this event a major damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Calibos wrote: »
    Was getting worried about MT's sleet mention for coastal districts but its now blizzard like in Bray. Looks like that LOW from the UK has made it across the Irish Sea and is producing in a big way otherwise last night would have made this event a major damp squib.

How could there be sleet, not possible until after 3pm today.

Obviously graupel etc is possible .

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Whiteout here, think this is heavier than 2 weeks ago :O

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Snowing very lightly in Galway now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Bio Mech wrote: »
    We didn’t have this
    There was a decent covering on the slightly higher levels in the south east. Usually only a dusting this late

Street is thawing for sure here and some thaw on the car windows as well :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Aww I feel so left out:( I want the lovely snow blanket again boohoohoo!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

These are definitely the heaviest falls I've witnessed in Lusk - it has got so dark out and huge amounts falling, incredible. Grass becoming covered now too. I think this is heavier than at any point during the spell a couple of weeks ago.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,380 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was looking up m50 cameras and the m4 camera was going to travel to salthill galway to see Dubs game.

m50

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m50/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1560

m4

https://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/ireland/m4/ireland-cameras/traffic-camera/1552

It is not as bad as the "beast from the east".
    But it still looks dodgy for driving.
    Not worth it for a game with nothing on it to freeze me bits off.
    Think I am not going chance it might be a frozen pitch (it's salthill after all wasn't that where Theresa Mannion was with her unnecessary journeys bit?.)

But, Connacht won't seem to get the brunt of this according to met eireann

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Connacht

"Today will be very cold. Highest temperatures of just 2 to 4 degrees in a moderate to fresh and gusty east to north-easterly wind. It will be dry in the north-west. In the east and south of the province there will be a few light snow showers. There will be some sunshine at times."

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

RiseToMe wrote: »
    So after our London trip was cancelled on the last event, we managed to reschedule to this weekend and are here now, back Tuesday. How long is this to last? Wondering about getting back to Dublin Airport from London city on Tuesday afternoon

london city will be ok..very little snow over there......the problem will be on.the Dublin side.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭revelman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

For those talking about going to Dublin Airport to greet the rugby team, please note this tweet and save yourself the trip.

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/975280141046775808?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Dublin airport must have several cm at this stage..I imagine it will close for a while to clear the runways and to de-ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Getting absolutely plastered in D14 now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Not as heavy as last time here but still heavy. Tapering out as a dry gap comes near us before more of the heavy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The snow drifts are back on hills of north Kilkenny.

Advertisement