Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

VF Called me and offered me this package if I switched back, seems as though the port failed (Girl never took my Eir account number) Can't seem to get through to anyone in VF that can help. Anyone else have a port fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

Cudders wrote: »
    VF Called me and offered me this package if I switched back, seems as though the port failed (Girl never took my Eir account number) Can't seem to get through to anyone in VF that can help. Anyone else have a port fail?

Call them back on sales line, they will surely help, number is back on few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

I am told the plan takes 3 days to activate once the port completes, has it taken this long for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cudders wrote: »
    I am told the plan takes 3 days to activate once the port completes, has it taken this long for everyone else?

Can be less and can be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

I think it was answered previously in this thread, but do we need to top up by 20 euros each time or would 5 suffice if there's plenty of credit on the account? When looking in the app it says that 20 euros must be topped up every 28 days in order for the Student offer to continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

matzen wrote: »
    I think it was answered previously in this thread, but do we need to top up by 20 euros each time or would 5 suffice if there's plenty of credit on the account? When looking in the app it says that 20 euros must be topped up every 28 days in order for the Student offer to continue.

has to be 20 to activate the plan. I then buy 100 mins with €5 of credit (you can also get unlimited minutes for 15).

Leftover credit - you can get Spotify, Sky Sports Mobile; or you could IOU it to someone else (I use it to top up the kids phones). There's also a thread on Bargain Alerts about spending unused credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Top up by 20 gets 15GB and texts for 28 days.

Topping up by 5, 10 or 15 will only add to your credit, it won't activate the offer. There's no advantage in doing that if you have plenty of credit. Credit can't be used to buy the offer, only for add ons, but the data / text add ons are poor value compared to 15GB and texts for 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

The next time you top up by 20 or more it will activate again. You don't lose it by leaving a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    The next time you top up by 20 or more it will activate again. You don't lose it by leaving a gap.

Ok, thanks. I have loads of credit now and won't want to add 20 each month as it's way beyond what I need. Just don't want to lose the offer by not adding 20 euros every 28 days.

Ok, thanks. I have loads of credit now and won't want to add 20 each month as it's way beyond what I need. Just don't want to lose the offer by not adding 20 euros every 28 days.

Well you better buy some data or it data usage will eat your credit fairly quickly without an addon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

does anyone know how to get the spotify premium add on for €5 with this offer? cant seem to find out how thanks

does anyone know how to get the spotify premium add on for €5 with this offer? cant seem to find out how thanks

In the my Vodafone app go to the buy add-ons section and then down the bottom of that "add entertainment package"

Sir Dosser wrote:
    In the my Vodafone app go to the buy add-ons section and then down the bottom of that "add entertainment package"

ah found it there, thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

massy086 wrote: »
    Just got activated there on the plan.and the also gave me 20€ credit.is that normal???

Did you get a text to tell you that you were on the plan?

I've ported but no sign of the plan confirmation, do you just top up by 20 and hope that you are on the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

bidiots wrote:
    I've ported but no sign of the plan confirmation, do you just top up by 20 and hope that you are on the plan?

bidiots wrote:

It takes a few days but if you have a look at the app student offer appears, they usually give you €20 free when it activates to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Text BAL to 50233

If there's a balance of 15GB in the returned SMS then it's active.

Don't top up yet.

does anyone know how to activate an auto top up every 28 days or to auto renew the add ons or must the phone be topped up manually every 28 days and add ons bought every 28 days? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

does anyone know how to activate an auto top up every 28 days or to auto renew the add ons or must the phone be topped up manually every 28 days and add ons bought every 28 days? thanks

You can schedule top up within the Vodafone app and use do it later app to send the talk text to 50233 to keep you on the deal. Double check the text number 50XXX

You can schedule top up within the Vodafone app and use do it later app to send the talk text to 50233 to keep you on the deal. Double check the text number 50XXX

cheers thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Does anybody else's plan say 'Student Offer' on the MyVodafone app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all I'm on this plan now 14days and iv used 15gb.iv always been with either and in 30 days never went over 8gb.has anyone else found there data usage to be high on vf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mine does

Hi all I'm on this plan now 14days and iv used 15gb.iv always been with either and in 30 days never went over 8gb.has anyone else found there data usage to be high on vf

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    No
    I have looked trough my usage and 3 days ago they say I used 1.1gb of data driving to work on the m50. hmmm I'd love to know how I managed that at 100kph

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

No

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Does this plan allow you to use Red Roaming for the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

Check if your apps are updating over data instead of WiFi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Does this plan allow you to use Red Roaming for the USA?

Red roaming works once opted in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement