Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭dodzy

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    At the moment 3g+ is giving 20 mbs download Vs 5mbs on 4g.

Not disputing this, but makes no sense. Ring tech support on the off chance there’s an issue they are aware of. The 4G should be far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Is this offer still available?

If so how do I go about getting it? (can I just go to a VF store and get a porting sim like Eir?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

jim salter wrote: »
    Is this offer still available?

If so how do I go about getting it? (can I just go to a VF store and get a porting sim like Eir?)

No have to ring sales, Belfast call centre,stores no good, numbers here a few pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,567 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dodzy wrote: »
    Absolutely. Vodafone are heads above the competition in terms of coverage; always have been. If this plan was mainstream, they’d pull a shed load of new customers, no question.

Vodafone customer service seems to have gone the way of Eir in recent months though,outsourced to some foreign call centre staffed by imbeciles .
    Vodafone were always good to deal with but now its a very frustrating experience.

• Advertisement

Vodafone customer service seems to have gone the way of Eir in recent months though,outsourced to some foreign call centre staffed by imbeciles .
    Vodafone were always good to deal with but now its a very frustrating experience.

Spoke to a few , rephrase that tried to, between my strong Cork accent and the other guys Hindi English twas gas,find them 100 per cent better,more courteous,and dilligent than the clowns eir have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Up and running on this deal, so far so good. 15gb of data is great, and very easy to buy the add on for unlimited calls. Has anybody set up an auto top up for every 28 days yet through MyVodafone? Will sign up for Spotify add on next with the remaining €5 from the top up. Great find OP.

Up and running on this deal, so far so good. 15gb of data is great, and very easy to buy the add on for unlimited calls. Has anybody set up an auto top up for every 28 days yet through MyVodafone? Will sign up for Spotify add on next with the remaining €5 from the top up. Great find OP.

Better deal would be the student X 20 GB plus Spotify,or some version of sky sports, might try it next time out,got it for my teen son,he's delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I’m so glad to be back with Vodafone.

I purchased the €5.00 text add-on by accident when I meant to buy the €5.00 100 any network minutes add-on.

Totally my fault but I thought I’d chance my arm to call Vodafone to change what I did. No issue at all and they were really helpful.

Now that’s customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can't see myself moving away from this offer any time soon. Getting Spotify premium for €5 credit is the winner for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Don't forget the Do it Later app on Android allows you to schedule a text for every 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

bromley52 wrote: »
    Don't forget the Do it Later app on Android allows you to schedule a text for every 28 days.

Does the topup credit expire at exactly 28 days to the hour/minute since last top up was completed?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

leex wrote: »
    Does the topup credit expire at exactly 28 days to the hour/minute since last top up was completed?

No, it expires at midnight at the end of day 28. The day you top up is day zero. So if you top up just after midnight, you effectively get the offer for 29 days.

Quackster wrote: »
    No, it expires at midnight at the end of day 28. The day you top up is day zero. So if you top up just after midnight, you effectively get the offer for 29 days.

OK - so for example, I topped up at 10am on 1st June, my credit will expire at 23:59:59 on 29th June?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you text BAL to 50233 it will tell you what the last date of the plan is, it'll be midnight on that date.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OK - so for example, I topped up at 10am on 1st June, my credit will expire at 23:59:59 on 29th June?

Yep, that's exactly it.

I’m so glad to be back with Vodafone.

I purchased the €5.00 text add-on by accident when I meant to buy the €5.00 100 any network minutes add-on.

Totally my fault but I thought I’d chance my arm to call Vodafone to change what I did. No issue at all and they were really helpful.

Now that’s customer service.

They’ve no issue with stuff like tha and will amend immediately. And as for being happy to be back? How could you ever have left. Everything else is simply conference league by comparison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Anybody else have H+ data instead of 4G on this deal? I had a Vodafone bill tariff recently which had fantastic 4G - wondering if they are restricting the data for this cheaper package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anybody else have H+ data instead of 4G on this deal? I had a Vodafone bill tariff recently which had fantastic 4G - wondering if they are restricting the data for this cheaper package.

Ring them and they will activate it for you.

I have 4 numbers ported to this plan now. 3 x Android phones and 1 x Iphone SE. I had to call Vodafone to get 4G enabled on 2 of the Androids. All was sorted within a few mins.

Only seeing 3G on the IPhone. Contacted Vodafone twice yesterday and they 1) referred me to a document for changing APN settings - one of the Mobile Data config options was not on our Iphone. Last night they sent me some config texts but the iphone reported errors doing anything with these. (Dont have iphone to hand now to confirm exact message).

Iphone in question was purchased new/unlocked from Argos UK in Dec 2017 and was running on Three network before port. Is there a requirement to update Carrier settings/config on the iphone?. I'm not over familiar with it - an Android head myself. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

I have 4 numbers ported to this plan now. 3 x Android phones and 1 x Iphone SE. I had to call Vodafone to get 4G enabled on 2 of the Androids. All was sorted within a few mins.

Only seeing 3G on the IPhone. Contacted Vodafone twice yesterday and they 1) referred me to a document for changing APN settings - one of the Mobile Data config options was not on our Iphone. Last night they sent me some config texts but the iphone reported errors doing anything with these. (Dont have iphone to hand now to confirm exact message).

Iphone in question was purchased new/unlocked from Argos UK in Dec 2017 and was running on Three network before port. Is there a requirement to update Carrier settings/config on the iphone?. I'm not over familiar with it - an Android head myself. Thanks!

yeah good to update and easy enough.

Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
    Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Ring them and they will activate it for you.

DIY,go to preferred network, switching from 2g to 3g to 4g and back ,it'll go to emergency calls ,then 4G ,,,got this from VF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Just got activated there on the plan.and the also gave me 20€ credit.is that normal???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭deep1

massy086 wrote: »
    Just got activated there on the plan.and the also gave me 20€ credit.is that normal???

Yes and that should be your first month free, everyone got here. 20€ Topup Would give you 15gb data and unlimited text and then you can buy add on which suits you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes and that should be your first month free, everyone got here. 20€ Topup Would give you 15gb data and unlimited text and then you can buy add on which suits you!
    Sweet I thought the free month had ended

DIY,go to preferred network, switching from 2g to 3g to 4g and back ,it'll go to emergency calls ,then 4G ,,,got this from VF

Tried all that 2 weeks ago. No change. Rang manilla. Told me that 4G was not activated on my profile. 2 minutes later she told me to power off and back on. Job done, so in my case, it was definitely something at their end which needed activation.

dodzy wrote: »
    Tried all that 2 weeks ago. No change. Rang manilla. Told me that 4G was not activated on my profile. 2 minutes later she told me to power off and back on. Job done, so in my case, it was definitely something at their end which needed activation.
    manila ,as in the Philippines?better than some sham in Bangladesh that I got who I didn't understand and vice versa

manila ,as in the Philippines?better than some sham in Bangladesh that I got who I didn't understand and vice versa

You were most likely talking to someone thousands of miles from bangladesh....in the Philippines.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Hi when you buy the unlimited network calls addon, does this include landlines too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi when you buy the unlimited network calls addon, does this include landlines too

Yes, Irish landlines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement