Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just checked it there and yep that APN was selected!!
    Would there be any use in going to support again?
    She never touched the APN ,it seems that APN was automatically selected

Is it allowing deletion of HS APN? It's unusual for non tethering to select that APN.

Get back on to support and ask/tell them to delete the HS APN because you're not tethering so it must be a fault on their end. That will also help you in that you should still be able to tether through the LIVE APN (unless it's an IPhone).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What make/model/operating system?
    Iphones select their own APN automatically.
    Is it allowing deletion of HS APN?

Xiaomi redmi 3.
    Mui operating system.
    I think so it allowed me to select the other APN.
    I'd say it could be deleted ,I'll have a check later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There's something about MIUI and tethering, even if it allows APNs to be edited/deleted, it might still do it's own thing and cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's something about MIUI and tethering, even if it allows APNs to be edited/deleted, it might still do it's own thing and cause problems.

Wouldn't mind but she never used hotspot before.
    It seems that APN was selected by default.
    Her data only started working and going off her data allowance when I selected the live APN.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Who do I speak to about the free minutes and data until the plan kicks in? Live chat said no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Seapoint wrote: »
    What's the delivery times on sim cards?

We ordered two cards on Weds evening and they still haven't arrived. Dublin

Should be there already

01902 wrote: »
    Who do I speak to about the free minutes and data until the plan kicks in? Live chat said no.

1747,,,, although AFAIK live chat sorted some ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Got ported over Tuesday evening and called Wednesday for free allowance to tie me over. Still no sign of plan showing up. Should I try 1747 or the 1850 number on Monday if it still doesn't show I'd imagine it should be on by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

honda boi wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind but she never used hotspot before.
    It seems that APN was selected by default.
    Her data only started working and going off her data allowance when I selected the live APN.

Vodafone Reps are useless when it comes to this. The tethering charge is extreme and unwarranted as the data does not cost anywhere near this. Secondly the application of the charge is questionable as Vodafone provide the APNs and if it is automatic them how is it the users fault?

If you do actually tether, which is allowed through live APN, the only solution is to not have any credit so you cannot be charged unknowingly. This is even more so for Xiaomi and iPhone smartphones were APNs can be automatically selected.

henke wrote: »
    Got ported over Tuesday evening and called Wednesday for free allowance to tie me over. Still no sign of plan showing up. Should I try 1747 or the 1850 number on Monday if it still doesn't show I'd imagine it should be on by now?
    Took me minimum of 3 days,do I wouldn't panic yet,keep the phone on, VF will kick in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Should be there already

That's what I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

The Do it Later app has been updated to allow for custom scheduling of texts. Should come in handy for the unlimited talk text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Called them yesterday to port a 4th family member number around 4.30pm. There was no issue getting the offer and the sales person even suggested the package I was looking for before I had a chance to request it. :)

leex wrote: »
    Called them yesterday to port a 4th family member number around 4.30pm. There was no issue getting the offer and the sales person even suggested the package I was looking for before I had a chance to request it. :)
    Take up gambling

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Rang them on Friday, the guy I got through to was northern and had no problem putting me on the plan, SIM arrived yesterday morning, number ported in the afternoon and I was able to sign up to MyVodafone just now & got €10 free credit. Just have to wait for the offer to appear now (I think?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

loyatemu wrote: »
    Rang them on Friday, the guy I got through to was northern and had no problem putting me on the plan, SIM arrived yesterday morning, number ported in the afternoon and I was able to sign up to MyVodafone just now & got €10 free credit. Just have to wait for the offer to appear now (I think?)

Yep, just to wait now. I’m on day 5. Have been onto them several times. Got another free 20 Topup yesterday to tide me over.

dodzy wrote: »

Yep, just to wait now. I’m on day 5. Have been onto them several times. Got another free 20 Topup yesterday to tide me over.
    They lovvvvve you

They lovvvvve you,reckon you'll be sorted today,or else something wrong bigtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Called today and got signed up, sim should arrive tomorrow I was told. Hopefully will be up and running mid next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Ported over last Friday.

Was able to call Saturday to customer service to get an allowance to tide me over.

Offer still hasn't applied so I'm gonna need to get onto them again for another allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

4th family member ported this week. Called on Monday at 4.30pm, had the SIM on Tuesday morning.

Port took place around 5pm on Tuesday. I called customer services immediately and said I was waiting on Sales offer and needed some interim credit - received 2gb data, 100 texts and 100mins. Registered online and received 10euro credit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

plan finally activate this morning - no free month though :(

enabled the "Live" APN on my phone - results are pretty disappointing (I'm in Dublin city centre, phone says it's on 4G):

451635.png

Still not activated. Another 2gb data credited to my account. They can keep this up as long as they want at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still not activated. Another 2gb data credited to my account. They can keep this up as long as they want at this rate.

That's madness. On Monday call the sales team again and see if they can contact the activations team when you are on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

That's madness. On Monday call the sales team again and see if they can contact the activations team when you are on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I switched over on Tuesday. Still no sign of the plan activating. Got 1GB of Data 100mins and 100texts to hold me over.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Yep, it’s pretty poor by VF standards IMO. That said, I was skimming through boards the other night and came across a thread where a fellow boardsie was terminally ill. This really does pale into insignificance. It’ll happen when it happens. It’ll not be affecting my weekend; that’s for sure.
    I switched over on Tuesday. Still no sign of the plan activating. Got 1GB of Data 100mins and 100texts to hold me over.
    just ring them up. You’ll get manilla customer service. Explain that you’re waiting on DUP to activate. You’ll get free data to tide you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

just ring them up. You’ll get manilla customer service. Explain that you’re waiting on DUP to activate. You’ll get free data to tide you over.

Stop sure I rang them 3 times. They keep telling me wait 72 hours. I’m not sure which 72 hours they’re talking about. Maybe it’s a period of 72 hours next week?!

plan finally activate this morning - no free month though :(

enabled the "Live" APN on my phone - results are pretty disappointing (I'm in Dublin city centre, phone says it's on 4G):

451635.png
    I'm in the sticks, regularly get up to 70 mb,lowest I got was 14

• Advertisement

Stop sure I rang them 3 times. They keep telling me wait 72 hours. I’m not sure which 72 hours they’re talking about. Maybe it’s a period of 72 hours next week?!

Well guess what, just looked at my VF app there this morning and there she was: the student offer on my screen. Still not active though. But I’ve over 3GB of data and a shed load of calls and texts that I’ve picked up over a few calls - (the manilla crew don’t hesitate to load your account by the way), so I’m well covered. Looks like the wheels are turning though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement