Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I don't need to purchase the credit every month of the year as I have free usage of a business phone.

If I stop buying the €20 monthly will I lose the offer for good or would it be automatically reactivated once I ever purchase the €20 credit?

Anyone know? :)
    It will definitely reactivate if you skip a month as iv done it.
    There used to be a 6 month limit on top ups after which a number and hence the offer was lost. This may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

loyatemu wrote: »
    IrishHomer wrote: »
    I don't need to purchase the credit every month of the year as I have free usage of a business phone.

If I stop buying the €20 monthly will I lose the offer for good or would it be automatically reactivated once I ever purchase the €20 credit?

Anyone know? :)

As far as I know it should reactivate - I'll let you know as I've let mine expire and will be topping up again in the next week.
    AFAIK if not topped up within a few days it's gone

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bromley52 wrote: »
    There used to be a 6 month limit on top ups after which a number and hence the offer was lost. This may have changed.

If you don't top up (or buy an add on) within 180 days of your last top up (or add on purchase), you can no longer make calls, send texts or use data but you continue to have incoming service for another 60 days.

240 days after your last top up (or add on purchase), your SIM is deactivated and you lose any credit on your account but you can still get your number back again by contacting customer services.

So you can go up to 240 days without topping up (or purchasing an add on) and you don't lose your plan. It is automatically reactivated when you top up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Lads.... Cant find the info needed here to make up my mind on this... Can someone help me out.
    To get this plan:
    I rang 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 for sales ask for "data user plan" sim to be sent out.

Right....what exactly do i get for the plan?:confused:

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes, still works.

Will this work between say this plan "data user plan" and say a normal PAYG user. Say if i were to get this plan could i give some credit to my wife who is on a normal payg plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭DopeTech

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Lads.... Cant find the info needed here to make up my mind on this... Can someone help me out.
    To get this plan:
    I rang 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 for sales ask for "data user plan" sim to be sent out.

Right....what exactly do i get for the plan?:confused:

Top up 20 euro and you automatically get unlimited texts and 15gb of data for 28 days. Then with your €20 credit spend 15 of it to buy the unlimited calls addon. Then with the 5 euro left over you can get Spotify premium for a month.

Other add-ons are also available such as sky sports mobile/100 international mins/100 any network mins if the above don't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Will this work between say this plan "data user plan" and say a normal PAYG user. Say if i were to get this plan could i give some credit to my wife who is on a normal payg plan?

Yes, I have used it , works between any Payg plan.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Top up 20 euro and you automatically get unlimited texts and 15gb of data for 28 days. Then with your €20 credit spend 15 of it to buy the unlimited calls addon. Then with the 5 euro left over you can get Spotify premium for a month.

Other add-ons are also available such as sky sports mobile/100 international mins/100 any network mins if the above don't suit.

Found the Addons455431.JPG

So it would be possible to just add on the 100 minutes, maybe even twice if needed.....and then "IOU" the 10 remaining credit?

This is some job!

You just need to make sure IOU Buddy is activated on both your accounts (I think it's not by default) by logging into each account on the Vodafone website and going to the IOU Buddy page. Then you can 'donate' up to €40 credit a month to your wife!

So it would be possible to just add on the 100 minutes, maybe even twice if needed.....and then "IOU" the 10 remaining credit?

This is some job!

Think you can only buy one of each type of add-on in any 28/30 day period. So if you bought the 100 mins any-network add-on and used it up in a fortnight, you wouldn't be able to buy it again for another fortnight.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Think you can only buy one of each type of add-on in any 28/30 day period. So if you bought the 100 mins any-network add-on and used it up in a fortnight, you wouldn't be able to buy it again for another fortnight.

Open for correction but yes you can buy multiple add-on once you use up the minutes, say your add-on expire on 15th but minutes finish on 1st, you can buy same add-on again.

Only thing you have to make sure is calls go by seconds, so text bal to 50233 and use up all seconds and add-on purchase becomes active.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Found the Addons455431.JPG

This is some job!

this is what I've been doing - buy 100mins for myself, IOU the spare credit to my kids and buy 100 mins for them.

this is what I've been doing - buy 100mins for myself, IOU the spare credit to my kids and buy 100 mins for them.

Do they have the plan as well or do you IOU them the money and then they can THEN add on to their own PAYG????

Do they have the plan as well or do you IOU them the money and then they can THEN add on to their own PAYG????

they're just PAYG, no plan. I IOU the credit to their account, then buy 100 mins for them (any PAYG customer can buy those add ons).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Im up and running now .
    I rang up Friday ,received the sim yesterday ,it automatically ported in the afternoon and I had 10.50 euro of credit added.
    I registered on the Vodafone website last night ,it took a few hours before I could log in ,was getting an error.

The student offer activated this morning and another 20 euro of credit was added and 15GB of Data and unlimited texts are showing as add ons.

Happy out.

Quackster wrote: »
    bromley52 wrote: »

If you don't top up (or buy an add on) within 180 days of your last top up (or add on purchase), you can no longer make calls, send texts or use data but you continue to have incoming service for another 60 days.

240 days after your last top up (or add on purchase), your SIM is deactivated and you lose any credit on your account but you can still get your number back again by contacting customer services.

So you can go up to 240 days without topping up (or purchasing an add on) and you don't lose your plan. It is automatically reactivated when you top up again.
    Don't think I'd chance it

What's the out of bundle rates like pricewise.... ?
    If I top up by 20 on day 27.... does that reactivate a new session.... and give me 28 more days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What's the out of bundle rates like pricewise.
    2 euro per day 100MB
    If I top up by 20 on day 27.... does that reactivate a new session.... and give me 28 more days?
    Topping up by 20 will start a new 28 days.
    If you top up on day 27, you lose day 28 so don't get full use of the current 28 days.
    It's bad value to top up early.

As far as I know it should reactivate - I'll let you know as I've let mine expire and will be topping up again in the next week.

I topped up by 20 and the plan reactivated.

On the app...does the top every 28 days work automatically?

• Advertisement

Yes. It can be set to top up every 28 days. You'll need to buy the unlimited calls addon though after if you want unlimited calls.

As above yes it will top up automatically, but issue there is as answered by mods on Vodafone community that top up can happen any time not exactly at midnight.
    If that’s the case then you will be charged for daily data usage €1.99 ( or turn the mobile data off night before).
    For this reason alone I do it manually.

As above yes it will top up automatically, but issue there is as answered by mods on Vodafone community that top up can happen any time not exactly at midnight.
    If that’s the case then you will be charged for daily data usage €1.99 ( or turn the mobile data off night before).
    Same

Best maybe to top on the 27th day manually I suppose?????

Best maybe to top on the 27th day manually I suppose?????

Then you lose out a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you top up manually today, you get the rest of today + 28 full days, ie almost 29 days. Auto top up is every 28 days so you lose out on the remainder of day 29.

Example:

Manual top up days...
    1, 30, 59, 88 etc

Auto top up days...
    1, 29, 57, 85 etc

Works out at 13 extra days per year by manual top up.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you top up manually today, you get the rest of today + 28 full days, ie almost 29 days. Auto top up is every 28 days so you lose out on the remainder of day 29.

Example:

Manual top up days...
    1, 30, 59, 88 etc

Auto top up days...
    1, 29, 57, 85 etc

Works out at 13 extra days per year by manual top up.

How do you know this stuff?
    Is there a count down timer on the app to tell you when you need to top up again?

Right... Just after topping up by 20...
    Last questions....promise :D
    • When will i need to top up again, Any time before the 10th August is it?
    • Also
    • So i've added the 20... if i only buy the 100 mins for 5 euro will i still have the free texts and 15gb data?

Right... Just after topping up by 20...
    Last questions....promise :D
    • When will i need to top up again, Any time before the 10th August is it?
    • Also
    • So i've added the 20... if i only buy the 100 mins for 5 euro will i still have the free texts and 15gb data?

I think your top-up would be on 9th August, keep an eye on app when offer says inactive, then top-up.

Yes 20€ top-up gives you free text and 15gb data regardless of you buy add-on or not.

• Advertisement

I think your top-up would be on 9th August, keep an eye on app when offer says inactive, then top-up.

Yes 20€ top-up gives you free text and 15gb data regardless of you buy add-on or not.

Yes it looks like that... Its saying expirey date 9th aug- is this midnight on the Thursday 9th or midnight on the Wednesday 8th any one know?

Cheers all for the help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement