Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭dodzy

henke wrote: »
    Just got the 3gb data and that is a poor enough if it is intended to expire today is it not? Did anyone get the expiry changed on it?
    It's amazing how quickly people forget what a great deal this is to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭henke

dodzy wrote: »

Oh I'm taking nothing away it's brilliant just the marketing of it. It's no loss if I don't get the 3gb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

dodzy wrote: »
    henke wrote: »
    Just got the 3gb data and that is a poor enough if it is intended to expire today is it not? Did anyone get the expiry changed on it?
    I agree totally,best there is out there

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

Just checked the Vodafone app there. The three GB has been added back to my account with a 30th July expiry date....Thanks Vodafone.

Just checked the Vodafone app there. The three GB has been added back to my account with a 30th July expiry date....Thanks Vodafone.
    Where would you get it? Not TM or eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Is anyone else getting the "Not available" message when trying to use Vodafone as a payment option under Accounts in Google Play Store? I seem to recollect it working before, but now it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ccull123

has anyone got this deal in the last few days? tried ringing them there and was told it is not available

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

matzen wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting the "Not available" message when trying to use Vodafone as a payment option under Accounts in Google Play Store? I seem to recollect it working before, but now it doesn't.

I had a look just now. Vodafone appears 3 times in the payment options menu. Two have the not available message under them but the third one is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Got it on Friday (29th June .... was conscious it was end of the month and was worried they might pull it).

Waiting on SIM to arrive, had hoped it would have landed today but no sign - I guess it would only have been posted today as I called late on Friday ~ 7pm. Had successfully ported two other number for family members over the last 7 days and both completed no problem but I was already on VF so had to port away for a few days first.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ccull123

msmx5 wrote: »
    Got it on Friday (29th June .... was conscious it was end of the month and was worried they might pull it).

Waiting on SIM to arrive, had hoped it would have landed today but no sign - I guess it would only have been posted today as I called late on Friday ~ 7pm. Had successfully ported two other number for family members over the last 7 days and both completed no problem but I was already on VF so had to port away for a few days first.

can you tell me what number you rang?

• Advertisement

ccull123 wrote: »

I rang 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 for sales

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

ccull123 wrote: »

Give us an update and let us know how you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 conaic

Ordered 2 sims on Tues 26th, received Wed, ported Thurs. Still no sign of plan being activated. Rang twice and received free data, texts and calls as apology. Last rang last night and told it may take 72 hours again. Anyone else having these delays?
    Luckily free extras is tying me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

conaic wrote: »
    Ordered 2 sims on Tues 26th, received Wed, ported Thurs. Still no sign of plan being activated. Rang twice and received free data, texts and calls as apology. Last rang last night and told it may take 72 hours again. Anyone else having these delays?

I had over a week delay, but the freebies carried me over. once you get the freebies, the longer it takes the better, you get more free min/text/data then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

If €20/28days is too much for anyone, from tomorrow 48months are increasing their data allowances across all plans. I know the service isn't a patch on Vodafone but €10/month with 3GB data isn't too bad for a light user.

"From 5th July, the Guido data allowance will increase from 1GB to 3GB (ROI and EU), the Mitch data allowance will increase from 15GB to 25GB (ROI only), and the Don data allowance will increase from 8GB to 20GB (ROI only). This increase will be effective from your first plan purchase on or after 5th July 2018. You accept this constitutes notice of these changes."

conaic wrote: »
    That's quite normal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all today was the first time I toped up on this offer.will my calls add-on and Spotify premium be taken automatically or do I have to manually buy them every month cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

massy086 wrote:
    Hi all today was the first time I toped up on this offer.will my calls add-on and Spotify premium be taken automatically or do I have to manually buy them every month cheers

You need to text talk to 50223 each time you top up to stay in the deal. Credit doesn't last long otherwise. I learned this the hard way 😪

msmx5 wrote: »

Update:
    1. New Vodafone SIM arrived first thing on Wed 4th (that was slower than other numbers I ported)
    2. Number didn't seem to port automatically from Three (others were seamless from Virgin). Waited a day for this to happen and phoned sales line on Th 5th; they took SIM number again and number ported within an hour or two without issues.
    3. Contacted Chat today (Fri 6th) while waiting for plan to be activated, was looking for a data allowance to tied me over. Operator was useless and said plan didn't exist and I needed to top up.. eventually gave me sales number to phone. Was busy at work so didn't have a chance and in the meantime the plan was activated AND I got a follow on call from customer support to see if I was happy). Got the impression that the call was unrelated to the original support chat.

Summary:
    • I was a Vodafone customer who wanted to avail of the Data User Plan
    • Ported to Three for a little under a week and topped up by €5 (not sure if topup was necessary)
    • Ported back to Vodafone via telephone sales line 1800 59 55 95 then pressed 2 and asked for "Data User Plan"
    • Overall process took less than 2 weeks from ordering 3 SIM to being back on Vodafone with Data User Plan activated and was fairly painless - I had service (3 or VF) throughout the process.

Boy was I glad to be back on Vodafone's network, three was noticeably worse for calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Is there no text reminder from VF that the plan will expire on e.g. xx date or tomorrow ?

Just checked the app to see it was expired but did not realise as I assumed I would have been notified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,830 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I assume this deal is over now for new customers switching over?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭crazyhorse

I only joined during the week so should be still active

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is there no text reminder from VF that the plan will expire on e.g. xx date or tomorrow ?

Just checked the app to see it was expired but did not realise as I assumed I would have been notified.

It's likely that Vodafone don't guarantee a reminder text. This is where they make their money.

Luckily Vodafone don't charge for My Vodafone app data so at least it can be checked for free.

Other option is to text BAL to 50233 and/or set a calendar reminder for 28 days away when topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

No,I signed up yesterday ,very straight forward.

The 100 minutes of international calls for 5 euro is very handy too .
    From what I can see if you select the data plan and buy the unlimited calls and international calls the 20 euro gets you the same benefits as the Red Connect Sim Only plan which costs 25 euro for the first 6 months and 35 thereafter.
    You get an extra 5GB of data on the Data user plan too ,so its a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Zardoz wrote: »
    No,I signed up yesterday ,very straight forward.

The 100 minutes of international calls for 5 euro is very handy too .
    From what I can see if you select the data plan and buy the unlimited calls and international calls the 20 euro gets you the same benefits as the Red Connect Sim Only plan which costs 25 euro for the first 6 months and 35 thereafter.
    You get an extra 5GB of data on the Data user plan too ,so its a great deal.

Exactly, and if someone is not heavy talker you can buy 100 mins for €5 and then Spotify for another €5 and still have 5€ left.

I did buy unlimited calls add on for month but for now 100 minutes is more than Enough for me. You can’t get the better deal than this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭Zardoz

deep1 wrote: »
    Exactly, and if someone is not heavy talker you can buy 100 mins for €5 and then Spotify for another €5 and still have 5€ left.

I did buy unlimited calls add on for month but for now 100 minutes is more than Enough for me. You can’t get the better deal than this!

Yes thats a good point .
    You could probably transfer your unused credit to a friend/family member if they are with Vodafone too.
    Is that IOU Buddy service still going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

Yes thats a good point .
    You could probably transfer your unused credit to a friend/family member if they are with Vodafone too.

Yes, still works.

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes thats a good point .

Yes, still works.
    Must give it a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I don't need to purchase the credit every month of the year as I have free usage of a business phone.

If I stop buying the €20 monthly will I lose the offer for good or would it be automatically reactivated once I ever purchase the €20 credit?

Anyone know? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I don't need to purchase the credit every month of the year as I have free usage of a business phone.

If I stop buying the €20 monthly will I lose the offer for good or would it be automatically reactivated once I ever purchase the €20 credit?

Anyone know? :)

As far as I know it should reactivate - I'll let you know as I've let mine expire and will be topping up again in the next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement