Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

dodzy wrote: »
    Well guess what, just looked at my VF app there this morning and there she was: the student offer on my screen. Still not active though. But I’ve over 3GB of data and a shed load of calls and texts that I’ve picked up over a few calls - (the manilla crew don’t hesitate to load your account by the way), so I’m well covered. Looks like the wheels are turning though.

Getting there

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I ported last week. Waited 3 days for student offer and never got a free month. Topped up by twenty and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

I topped up Friday because the offer was added and no sign of the credit coming through, and I needed data.

Just got the free 20 quid top up there. So try and hold off folks if ye can!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lenoude wrote: »
    I topped up Friday because the offer was added and no sign of the credit coming through, and I needed data.

Just got the free 20 quid top up there. So try and hold off folks if ye can!

same here - now have €45 credit on my account having bought 20, got 30 free and spent 5 on 100 mins of calls.

What happens if I don't top up in 28 days and use some of my surplus credit to buy data? Will the offer remain in place for the following month?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭melikebanana

loyatemu wrote: »
    same here - now have €45 credit on my account having bought 20, got 30 free and spent 5 on 100 mins of calls.

What happens if I don't top up in 28 days and use some of my surplus credit to buy data? Will the offer remain in place for the following month?

I went over by one day, when I topped up the offer was still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I went over by one day, when I topped up the offer was still active.

You can let it lapse. The benefits will reapply the next time you top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I have this offer up and running with over a week now..The 4g download speed is incredibly slow,in fact it's at best half the speed of the 3g on Vodafone.Is there any way of improving this?
    It can vary between 1.5 mbs and 14mbs but mainly is between 4-6 mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I have this offer up and running with over a week now..The 4g download speed is incredibly slow,in fact it's at best half the speed of the 3g on Vodafone.Is there any way of improving this?

Out in sticks I'm getting a minimum of 40mbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

In the absence of any information, what you'd generally be asked is:
    https://willmyphonework.net/ to check your phone will have full 4G coverage on both bands.
    What network were you with in that phone before and what speed?
    Do you get faster LTE in the local town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine was just activated! All good free €20 credit

• Advertisement

breathn wrote: »
    In the absence of any information, what you'd generally be asked is:
    https://willmyphonework.net/ to check your phone will have full 4G coverage on both bands.
    What network were you with in that phone before and what speed?
    Do you get faster LTE in the local town?
    The phone is a Huawei p8 lite 2017, it's network unlocked but was originally a Vodafone phone.
    I contacted tech support on the My Vodafone app and they reset my account.Download speed has increased to 21mbs.I tested it last Wednesday in the wilton area of cork city and was getting 47mbs.So I presume the speed in rural towns isn't as good as the cities.

The phone is a Huawei p8 lite 2017, it's network unlocked but was originally a Vodafone phone.
    I contacted tech support on the My Vodafone app and they reset my account.Download speed has increased to 21mbs.I tested it last Wednesday in the wilton area of cork city and was getting 47mbs.So I presume the speed in rural towns isn't as good as the cities.
    Yeah I'm in carrigaline,get 70 plus at times,even busy times I don't drop below 20 MB plus

Yeah I'm in carrigaline,get 70 plus at times,even busy times I don't drop below 20 MB plus

I'm wondering if pay as you go customers get slower speeds compared with those on bill pay.
    I had this issue also with ID mobile.
    When I switched from bill to PAYG the download speeds dropped dramatically, even with the same phone and same location.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'm wondering if pay as you go customers get slower speeds compared with those on bill pay.
    I had this issue also with ID mobile.
    When I switched from bill to PAYG the download speeds dropped dramatically, even with the same phone and same location.

I'm on Vodafone PAYG and average 40-50MB around my home, with it sometimes hitting 70-80MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭dodzy

I’ve been up and running since this morning. 4G at the house - 90mb/50mb. Superb; pretty much as it was while I was on a corporate account up until 2weeks ago.

I’ve been up and running since this morning. 4G at the house - 90mb/50mb. Superb; pretty much as it was while I was on a corporate account up until 2weeks ago.

Imagine going back 3/3 mb as I had on a good day with Tesco

Imagine going back 3/3 mb as I had on a good day with Tesco
    Absolutely. Vodafone are heads above the competition in terms of coverage; always have been. If this plan was mainstream, they’d pull a shed load of new customers, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Despite my ropey speedtest above, I watched 1080p Youtube videos on the Dart this morning, don't think I would've managed that on Eir (and definitely not on 3) so pretty happy so far.

All I can say is I'm green with envy.
    Having thought I had resolved my speed issue with the Vodafone tech support,my temporary increase in download speed was short lived. I'm back to square one with 3.36/15.0
    I can't figure out what the problem is.I'm disappointed to say the least.
    Thinking of going back to Lycamobile.Their 3G+ is far better than what I'm getting from Vodafone LTE locally.Plus it's 25gb per month for €15 with unlimited national calls and texts.

Having thought I had resolved my speed issue with the Vodafone tech support,my temporary increase in download speed was short lived. I'm back to square one with 3.36/15.0
    Thinking of going back to Lycamobile.Their 3G+ is far better than what I'm getting from Vodafone LTE locally.Plus it's 25gb per month for €15 with unlimited national calls and texts.

Has to be phone, congestion,or settings, honestly VF for me have come up trumps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Has to be phone, congestion,or settings, honestly VF for me have come up trumps

Same for all numbers I have ported. Maybe worth borrowing another phone to see if it is the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Maybe try a factory reset and clear cache in recovery mode. Backup all files and apps of course.
    See if that makes any sort of a difference.

Maybe try a factory reset and clear cache in recovery mode. Backup all files and apps of course.
    See if that makes any sort of a difference.

A work colleague of mine who is also with Vodafone is getting similar results as me.
    I have tried another phone, same story.
    Must be network issue in my area.
    3g+ is giving approx 15/3 on average.4g is roughly half of that.

A work colleague of mine who is also with Vodafone is getting similar results as me.
    I have tried another phone, same story.
    Must be network issue in my area.
    3g+ is giving approx 15/3 on average.4g is roughly half of that.

Where are you? Others might be close and can draw some comparative data.

Where are you? Others might be close and can draw some comparative data.

I'm in clonakilty,cork..
    About one kilometre from the Vodafone mast which is located at the Garda station, high above the town.

I'm in clonakilty,cork..
    About one kilometre from the Vodafone mast which is located at the Garda station, high above the town.

Was in clonakilty GAA for a few hours Saturday, data was ok,not mind-blowing though

Was in clonakilty GAA for a few hours Saturday, data was ok,not mind-blowing though

At the moment 3g+ is giving 20 mbs download Vs 5mbs on 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Have my sim card which is working today as soon as I put it into the phone. My Vodafone tells me I have €10.50 credit. Do I just need to top up by €20 to activate the data user plan or what do I do from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have my sim card which is working today as soon as I put it into the phone. My Vodafone tells me I have €10.50 credit. Do I just need to top up by €20 to activate the data user plan or what do I do from here?

Wait.
    You should get a free 20€ soon. And get the offer for a month.

• Advertisement

At the moment 3g+ is giving 20 mbs download Vs 5mbs on 4g.

That's maddening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement