Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

funny that you get 20-30GB for the same price in NI XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Got this sim this morning,inserted into unlocked phone,no service,emergency calls only..
    Do I need to do something to activate the sim card?

Should wait for the signal to drop on other network , once you get text from Vodafone then after that signal will drop.
    Then switch sim.

All this questions have been answered multiple time before.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

deep1 wrote: »
    Free month offer is still on, can confirm I got last week.
    Sales told me to top-up as soon as sim is active but I waited the offer to be shown and got free 20€ top-up.

You're the only one who's reported getting the free €20 top up since May 1st though, as far as I can see?

The Vodafone T&Cs stated the first month free offer ended April 30th so I wouldn't be relying on getting it. If you do, consider it a bonus.

Quackster wrote: »
    You're the only one who's reported getting the free €20 top up since May 1st though, as far as I can see?

The Vodafone T&Cs stated the first month free offer ended April 30th so I wouldn't be relying on getting it. If you do, consider it a bonus.

Yes, As sales told I won't get free month and will need to top-up, Was nice surprise anyway, also got 10€ free app registration credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

deep1 wrote:
    Yes, As sales told I won't get free month and will need to top-up, Was nice surprise anyway, also got 10€ free app registration credit.

I got this yesterday too for app registration, but then around 2 Euro disappeared from it.

I also got 200 mins, 200 texts and 2GB data to tie me over until plan becomes active.

• Advertisement

dercunx wrote: »
    I got this yesterday too for app registration, but then around 2 Euro disappeared from it.

I also got 200 mins, 200 texts and 2GB data to tie me over until plan becomes active.

1.99€ you were charged for daily data charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Just received this text, "Thanks for topping up. To check your top up offer and balance freetext BAL to 50233".
    Checked my balance it was topped up by €20!
    Take it then my plan is activated?

Just received this text, "Thanks for topping up. To check your top up offer and balance freetext BAL to 50233".

Yes, you should see “Student Offer” in app now and that confirms that free month offer is still on!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

deep1 wrote: »
    Yes, you should see “Student Offer” in app now and that confirms that free month offer is still on!

Happy days!
    Im still having issues with the app. The issue has been passed on to the technical team. Delighted the offer is sorted tho.
    Cheers everyone for the help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yes, you should see it in the app now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Rang yesterday evening for the missus and sim arrived this afternoon.
    Popped sim in and no signal yet,looks like gotta wait for the porting to finish.
    Props to Vodafone on very quick delivery of less than a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Got my SIM this morning and number ported about an hour ago.

Registered the number and got the E10 credit. Plan hasn't kicked in so I went onto Live Chat and they gave 50 mins and 500mb. It doesn't show as being applied on my account, but I did get a text about it being added.

Bit tight because I'm going out tomorrow evening so gonna need my data. Was trying to call customer service to see if they might up it. When I call 1747 the system then says that it's just for bill pay customers? Tried the other number but no joy.

Any ideas?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Does anyone on Vodafone know if you can use the excess credit to pay for Office 365 through the One Drive app?

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Does anyone on Vodafone know if you can use the excess credit to pay for Office 365 through the One Drive app?

You can

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You can

Thanks for that. Anybody know if the sales team are there on weekends?

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Anybody know if the sales team are there on weekends?

Monday to Friday 9-5 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

Should get a free month also,plus an extra 20 GB during the free month,I also spoke to Saoirse who passed me onto her male colleague

She was a fool, so was Ryan and some other guy. They all appear to not have a fckng clue really. Promise one thing, don’t deliver; “em, ah, Al be back in a manat, I’ll give you a call back, blah blah bla”....to be honest, they all sound like a pack of trainees.

The only consistent thing they all say is that you definitely cannot get it as an existing VF customer, bill or PAYG. So a port out and back is required. I’m just there (I hope). Port back complete, Sim active, free 10€ credit applied as a tide over, now just to get the bloody plan.

dodzy wrote: »
    She was a fool, so was Ryan and some other guy. They all appear to not have a fckng clue really. Promise one thing, don’t deliver; “em, ah, Al be back in a manat, I’ll give you a call back, blah blah bla”....to be honest, they all sound like a pack of trainees.

The only consistent thing they all say is that you definitely cannot get it as an existing VF customer, bill or PAYG. So a port out and back is required. I’m just there (I hope). Port back complete, Sim active, free 10€ credit applied as a tide over, now just to get the bloody plan.
    Activations team are Monday-Friday as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just to be clear...you can only get this plan by ringing up!? What's the difference between this and the Vodafone X weekend plan that gives you more data for the same price?

Vodafone X doesn't give you unlimited calls is probably the main difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Vodafone X doesn't give you unlimited calls is probably the main difference.

Plus 20 GB as akin to 15, and Spotify for e5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

What's the delivery times on sim cards?

We ordered two cards on Weds evening and they still haven't arrived. Dublin

Seapoint wrote: »
    What's the delivery times on sim cards?

We ordered two cards on Weds evening and they still haven't arrived. Dublin

Most cases, next day!

Having an issue with the missuss account
    Sim arrived and number ported yesterday.
    Downloaded the app ,got the free€10 and rang today and got free minutes,calls and data for the mean time.
    While out and about her internet stopped working.
    Checked the app and the €10 is gone and the data add on not touched.
    Got onto support and there saying that the phone has been used as a hotspot. This phone has never been used as a hotspot.
    Basically support telling me to f**k off computer says " no" attitude.

honda boi wrote: »
    Having an issue with the missuss account
    Sim arrived and number ported yesterday.
    Downloaded the app ,got the free€10 and rang today and got free minutes,calls and data for the mean time.
    While out and about her internet stopped working.
    Checked the app and the €10 is gone and the data add on not touched.
    Got onto support and there saying that the phone has been used as a hotspot. This phone has never been used as a hotspot.
    Basically support telling me to f**k off computer says " no" attitude.

It's using the hs apn. You need to delete this and set it to use the live.vodafone.com apn.

It's using the hs apn. You need to delete this and set it to use the live.vodafone.com apn.

Just checked it there and yep that APN was selected!!
    Would there be any use in going to support again?
    She never touched the APN ,it seems that APN was automatically selected

honda boi wrote: »
    Just checked it there and yep that APN was selected!!
    Would there be any use in going to support again?
    She never touched the APN ,it seems that APN was automatically selected

You can try but they always just blame the user despite it selecting itself.

You can try but they always just blame the user despite it selecting itself.

Great, she lost free money so :p
    Will give support a go in awhile and see what happens.
    Very odd how the sim selected the hs APN

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Got a call from Vodafone sales on Wednesday morning, offering me this deal with the first month free.Recieved SIM card Thursday.Activated and ported over from Lycamobile on Thursday evening.Rang support,got 100 minutes,100 texts and 1gb of data until plan is activated.Installed My Vodafone app, balance is 37 cents..Just wondering how long does it take to get the plan and €20 onto my account?

Got a call from Vodafone sales on Wednesday morning, offering me this deal with the first month free.Recieved SIM card Thursday.Activated and ported over from Lycamobile on Thursday evening.Rang support,got 100 minutes,100 texts and 1gb of data until plan is activated.Installed My Vodafone app, balance is 37 cents..Just wondering how long does it take to get the plan and €20 onto my account?

Most cases 48 hours, guessing your should be on Monday evening now.

• Advertisement

Answer is on about every page of this thread but if reading is too much effort then usually 2-3 working days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement