Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

No sign of sim card from post man this morning. Would it be sent out via courier?

Mine was delivered by Nightline and had to be signed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

john4321 wrote: »

Oh so there's still hope. I would of thought courier's would only be used for handset's being sent out. Anyway of tracking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Oh so there's still hope. I would of thought courier's would only be used for handset's being sent out. Anyway of tracking it?

Im not sure if Vodafone CS can provide a tracking number. In my case I signed up around 5pm and had the sim delivered by Nightline at 7am the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Update, I just got through to the normal Irish helpline and staff were very helpful. They activated the data user offer and added some credit for me . She said probably takes 24hrs to kick in and she got me set up for logging into online account and via the my Vodafone app.

I'm happy enough to give this time and see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

john4321 wrote: »

Same

• Advertisement

Still no sign of nightline. Looks like it will be Monday by the time the sim arrives.

Update. Nighline just showed up. Happy days!

Didn't have to sign for it. So how do VF know to start the port? Should I put the sim into my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

Didn't have to sign for it. So how do VF know to start the port? Should I put the sim into my phone?

They know once it was delivered and you will get sms around this evening to let you know port is in process and then wait for signal to drop, don't put sim before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I popped the sim in straight away.
    And number was ported straight away and working.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

Just ported over to vodafone today, do I have to request this plan or will it appear after a couple of days in the Vodafone app? Sorry if this has been asked already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Wow delighted,

I just received €20 free credit

When I called this morning to activate the offer they said would add me some free credit to keep me going wasn't expecting €20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

vigos wrote: »
    Just ported over to vodafone today, do I have to request this plan or will it appear after a couple of days in the Vodafone app? Sorry if this has been asked already...

It has to be done through the sales line only. If you haven't ordered it through the sales line your completely out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    It has to be done through the sales line only. If you haven't ordered it through the sales line your completely out of luck

ok so otherwise I'm looking at porting to another provider and then back again right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Wow delighted,

I just received €20 free credit

When I called this morning to activate the offer they said would add me some free credit to keep me going wasn't expecting €20 :)

Yeah this is for 1 month free, means your offer is activated it seems.
    If you check app should show student offer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

So it's been 2 weeks since I rang to sign up for this offer (received SIM a couple of days later). Still no text to say that I can put in the VF sim. I rang the same number today and asked why no text. They transferred me to Customer care team who explained there was an issue with the registration due to the fact that I am currently on a 30 day SIM only plan with Virgin.
    Apparently this is considered a Bill Pay account and according to VF guy a Bill Pay account on another Network must be transferred/ported to a Bill Pay account on VF. I explained that I did not want a Bill pay that I wanted the Data User PAYG plan.
    He said I should go into a VF store and sign up for a VF billpay and then request immediately to be put on the PAYG plan.
    However I think it's been mentioned in this thread that the Data User plan is not visible to the VF in-store staff.

Anyone else here ported to this offier from the Virgin 30 day SIM only plan?

So it's been 2 weeks since I rang to sign up for this offer (received SIM a couple of days later). Still no text to say that I can put in the VF sim. I rang the same number today and asked why no text. They transferred me to Customer care team who explained there was an issue with the registration due to the fact that I am currently on a 30 day SIM only plan with Virgin.
    Apparently this is considered a Bill Pay account and according to VF guy a Bill Pay account on another Network must be transferred/ported to a Bill Pay account on VF. I explained that I did not want a Bill pay that I wanted the Data User PAYG plan.
    He said I should go into a VF store and sign up for a VF billpay and then request immediately to be put on the PAYG plan.
    However I think it's been mentioned in this thread that the Data User plan is not visible to the VF in-store staff.

What he said is half right. The 30 days is a bill pay plan from Virgin not a PAYG account so you'd have to reorder your sim with Vodafone (I wouldnt mention having done this already) and tell them you're moving from Bill PAy on Virgin. You can of course port from a Bill Pay to a PAYG, thats where he's wrong. Going instore is the incorrect process and they can't help. I advise you NOT to do this instore. You'll need your account number from Virgin to be able to port to Vodafone so you'll neeed to have that ready

U should have put it in straight away,do it, leave it in

vigos wrote: »
    ok so otherwise I'm looking at porting to another provider and then back again right?

Correct. Port back out and in again!

So my port has gone threw. I'm now on the VF network. Should I ring VF to get the plan activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

deep1 wrote: »
    Yeah this is for 1 month free, means your offer is activated it seems.
    If you check app should show student offer now.

Wow correct it states "student offer" ha ha :)

• Advertisement

What he said is half right. The 30 days is a bill pay plan from Virgin not a PAYG account so you'd have to reorder your sim with Vodafone (I wouldnt mention having done this already) and tell them you're moving from Bill PAy on Virgin. You can of course port from a Bill Pay to a PAYG, thats where he's wrong. Going instore is the incorrect process and they can't help. I advise you NOT to do this instore. You'll need your account number from Virgin to be able to port to Vodafone so you'll neeed to have that ready
    U should have put it in straight away,do it, leave it in

So, just to be clear. Do I ring the 1800 number again and ask again for this offer but confirm that it's porting from Virgin Bill Pay OR can I just put in the current VF sim I received?
    If I put in the VF sim what's the next step?

Thanks

So, just to be clear. Do I ring the 1800 number again and ask again for this offer but confirm that it's porting from Virgin Bill Pay OR can I just put in the current VF sim I received?
    If I put in the VF sim what's the next step?

Thanks
    AFAIK once u receive sim from VF you're good to go,put it in,and wait till your current network goes down,then you're on the VF network,bingo,takes a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

AFAIK once u receive sim from VF you're good to go,put it in,and wait till your current network goes down,then you're on the VF network,bingo,takes a few days

Mine automatically happened within a couple of hours of signing with courier for the new sim.

VF had told me it would activate approximately 4 hours after i took possession of the sim.

I also received a text moments before and then after it was changed over.

Mine automatically happened within a couple of hours of signing with courier for the new sim.

VF had told me it would activate approximately 4 hours after i took possession of the sim.

I also received a text moments before and then after it was changed over.

Happy days,I didn't get up n running for a few days,and until I did they gave me a lash of data,and 200 calls etc

Sorry to correct corksfinest but this is incorrect. He’ll need to call the 1800 number and request it again. It will not go through without his account number. The Vodafone rep must specify whether it’s a prepaid number or a post paid number when submitting the port request as well as enter the Virgin account number to port the number. Without this information the port will not going through and it extremely likely that this is why the port hasn’t completed after 2 weeks

Sorry to correct corksfinest but this is incorrect. He’ll need to call the 1800 number and request it again. It will not go through without his account number. The Vodafone rep must specify whether it’s a prepaid number or a post paid number when submitting the port request as well as enter the Virgin account number to port the number. Without this information the port will not going through and it extremely likely that this is why the port hasn’t completed after 2 weeks

Sorry thought all the pre stuff was sorted,and he just didn't put his Sim etc,I was in a different situation,as in they rang me first,then I rang back and waited a few days for sim etc,mea culpa buddy

Issue I'm having is that I cant check my remaining minutes/texts or data online or by app because when I login it brings up my old bill pay plan details.
    So I can't tell when the "data user plan" will be active! Is there another way of knowing its been applied without checking via app or online?

Issue I'm having is that I cant check my remaining minutes/texts or data online or by app because when I login it brings up my old bill pay plan details.
    So I can't tell when the "data user plan" will be active! Is there another way of knowing its been applied without checking via app or online?

All good @corksfinest.

Delete the app, power cycle your phone then re download the app- you should be okay then hopefully. Their app and website is so slow to update since they updated them recently.

All good @corksfinest.

Delete the app, power cycle your phone then re download the app- you should be okay then hopefully. Their app and website is so slow to update since they updated them recently.

Done all the above. No joy.
    Will they text me to say plan is active or should I top up by E20 now?

• Advertisement

Sorry thought all the pre stuff was sorted,and he just didn't put his Sim etc,I was in a different situation,as in they rang me first,then I rang back and waited a few days for sim etc,mea culpa buddy

Thanks guys. I'll give the 1800 number a call again and hope they submit the port request correctly this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement