Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Jumping back in for the Coney Island Stuff tonight. Is there a boards clan for PS4 on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the build I finally settled on was an unbreakable LMG one. It did decent damage but unbreakable is crackers. I'm not sure if this has changed since I last played I'd need to do a bit of work on it, I reckon. I did have a skill build but wouldn't be as confident using it for end game stuff.

I really try to get a build going. Pen and paper on the desk. Spreadsheet open on the laptop.

1 hour later....

Now I remember why I hate Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jumping back in for the Coney Island Stuff tonight. Is there a boards clan for PS4 on the go?

Yeah there is a Boards clan for PS4, I think there is around 20 of us I think. Just search for Boards IE, I think that's the name of it. I will then accept your invite. Otherwise post your PSN here and I'll send an invite. We also have a Discord server but that has gone quiet for a while now might pick up with new expansion

Yeah there is a Boards clan for PS4, I think there is around 20 of us I think. Just search for Boards IE, I think that's the name of it. I will then accept your invite. Otherwise post your PSN here and I'll send an invite. We also have a Discord server but that has gone quiet for a while now might pick up with new expansion

Sound mate,

DeadlyByDesign1 is my PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really try to get a build going. Pen and paper on the desk. Spreadsheet open on the laptop.

1 hour later....

Now I remember why I hate Maths.

It was incredibly frustrating given the loot mechanics. You'd be searching for a specific mask, with a big DTE stat, get one and it would kill your defence stat or not have the right mod slot making it worthless.

• Advertisement

It was incredibly frustrating given the loot mechanics. You'd be searching for a specific mask, with a big DTE stat, get one and it would kill your defence stat or not have the right mod slot making it worthless.

Sat for an hour in my inventory screen last night siphoning an LMG build

Here is an odd one I got,

Spotter (10% wep dmg on pulsed enemies)

On The ropes- Weapon damage is increased by +25% while all skills are on cooldown or reach zero charges

Unstoppable force- Killing an enemy grants 2% weapon damage for every 10,000 max armor

Unhinged- Receive +25% weapon damage at the cost of -35% weapon handling

Compensated- Weapon damage is increased when you have low critical hit chance

Works really well- apart from the fact that the LMG is hard to control because of unhinged. Kicks like a mule

yeah unhinged is the best perk you can get on an lmg, you do notice the difference with the handling when using one that hasn't got it but it's just so much damage.
    every serious build I had on had patience on the knee pads, heavily loaded for damage to elites, I could never get spotter to work efficiently or on the ropes but on paper they're both solid perks. Compensated is another good roll for LMGs but I think that was on the gloves and I used have something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Herr_Oxfagensoup

Sound mate,

DeadlyByDesign1 is my PSN
    Keyzer wrote: »
    Herr_Oxfagensoup

Cool, I'll add you both later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Theres no advantage of having say 500 gear score over 495 gear score for instance is there?

It's all about build that suits you and talents etc?

• Advertisement

there's marginal differences to damage and defence but you are better of with guns and gear that do a specific job, my best AR is something like 493 and I've never been able to improve on it

DeadlyByDesign and Keyzer, I tried to invite you both, but it says that you are both already part of a clan. The boards clan is called Boards IE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Cool, I'll add you both later on.

Thanks for the game tonight - those two items you gave me boosted my gear score by almost 100.

Thanks a lot bro...

Keyzer wrote: »
    Thanks for the game tonight - those two items you gave me boosted my gear score by almost 100.

Thanks a lot bro...

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good laugh with Weiland and Eoin tonight. Managed a chat without waking the baby so successful night in the end.

Got a class pic of Eoin's snake gun and also a pic of him..... checking my loot....

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1229553194268811264?s=19

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Request sent there whenever you get a chance Eoin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Good laugh with Weiland and Eoin tonight. Managed a chat without waking the baby so successful night in the end.

Got a class pic of Eoin's snake gun and also a pic of him..... checking my loot....

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1229553194268811264?s=19

Hah, of all the emotes I was using last night, that's the one you go for. Good session last night, should try and get full party tonight. Coney Island should be out as well

Forgot I was technically in a clan. I joined through the search interface anyway lads. Ill be about tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The separate progression systems for New York and Washington sound absolutely ridiculous. Almost like Massive throwing ****e at a wall to see what sticks....

I mean I get wanting to keep it fair for players not getting tbe new DLC, but locking new progression/levelling systems systems to new content only is going to leave the whole thing feeling very disjointed.

As an expansion from what I've read so far, using the term expansion is ****ing generous to say the least. 5 campaign missions? Gtfo. The return to New York stinks of desparation, one last attempt to get the fans onside.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

goon_magee wrote: »
    The return to New York stinks of desparation, one last attempt to get the fans onside.

Agreed. They had a great story in New York that they could have continued but let it go instead. Clowns.

What annoys me most now is that Aaron Keener will probably end up being just another bullet sponge at the end of the last mission. After the great worldbuilding they started with and all the years of buildup, to see it fizzle out like this is so disappointing.

• Advertisement

Logged off and noticed the ubi currency pack award for ubi points. Claimed it, went to my mailbox, claimed it from there, 400 e credits but i still only have 200. Anyone else get this pack from the ubi store?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cheers for the clan add Eoin.

So I just got the game the other day and am wondering what should I be doing right now apart from just plodding along through the missions. Only unlocked clans recently so I'm not that far in but should I have anything in mind for later or be unlocking certain things or is it too early to even care at this stage?

I have a rifle and an LMG at the minute, I like the range of one and then the close up firepower of the other.

yeah just play through the missions, you don't have to worry about anything like builds, guns or gear until you get to the end game. Stuff will become under leveled pretty quick but you might find that your best gun is a sniper for 5 or 6 levels, don't sweat it.

yeah just play through the missions, you don't have to worry about anything like builds, guns or gear until you get to the end game. Stuff will become under leveled pretty quick but you might find that your best gun is a sniper for 5 or 6 levels, don't sweat it.

Also leave side missions for the end as you will get more XP

this is true, although it never bothered me too much because I played so much of it but leaving the side missions until later is a good way to get a big XP boost late on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just picked this up on PC and really like it.

From what I read through and heard.

Max Level is 30
    Don't do anymore side missions. Stick to main story line. Should I do Side mission at late 20s or 30?

The game changes a level 30? I imagine it turns into gesr score etc etc?

Logged off and noticed the ubi currency pack award for ubi points. Claimed it, went to my mailbox, claimed it from there, 400 e credits but i still only have 200. Anyone else get this pack from the ubi store?

Aaahh ffs, i looked it up and it's actually a pack for 400 regular credits :pac: absolutely useless.

What I would do is hold the side missions until you need them. You could be level 17 and a main mission is a level 19 (this would be still doable but that extra boost to 18 would make it a lot easier). It's not essential to hold onto the side missions but the xp to go up a level increases considerably late on. From memory this was more noticeable in I than II but it could be a real drag going from say Lvl 26 to 30 in the first one.

I should know I made 5 characters in I.

The campaign is one of the more enjoyable parts of the game. I liked the end game for many hours but its flaws will likely get to you at some point.

Good craic last night lads, despite the NPCs not wamting to come out of the room! On for doing the coney island stuff tonight if you are about. Should be on about 10 but feel free to kick on without me. Ill join if there is space

• Advertisement

Aaahh ffs, i looked it up and it's actually a pack for 400 regular credits :pac: absolutely useless.

Think you can use them for apparel caches

Advertisement