Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

«13456790

Comments

  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kiith


    If they can launch the new game with all the bells and whistles that the first one has now, it should do well.

    Kind of disappointed they don't just expand on the first game though (though it seems there are some more updates planned for it).


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭ Falthyron


    I would like to see The Division 2 drop the bullet-sponging of the first game and take on a more hardcore military shooter style. Games like Escape from Tarkov and PUBG could easily influence The Division 2's direction and I hope they do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Excellent, the division had such a great world and story. Would be a bold move off they went away from the bullet sponge system but I would really like if they did. Would but this digitally to save me buying a physical copy 3 times! Just hope it's a substantial event at E3 and not a short clip with coming 2020.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭ gimli2112


    Kiith wrote: »
    If they can launch the new game with all the bells and whistles that the first one has now, it should do well.

    Kind of disappointed they don't just expand on the first game though (though it seems there are some more updates planned for it).

    I don't see the updates for 1 holding interest for long. Some new legendary missions, new modifiers for Global Events and increased drop rates for stuff, plus something called shield? If there's nothing to grind for it loses it's allure, to a large extent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Apparently it will have new events called crests in June that will unlock rewards for division 2.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dcully


    It took 3 years to get some half decent content but still nowhere near enough to keep most players playing including myself.
    I come back for every patch and breeze through the content in a few days, always great fun while it lasts.
    The Division 2 will ship with even less content than whats there now, why not just build on whats already there? because they believe lets prey on those who will just mindlessly pre-order like sheep.
    Say what you like about blizzard but they have proved over and over again there is no need to go out and build a new game, just build on what you have.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Spear


    There's been something of a perspective shift within Ubisoft over the last two years or so. They're now seeing the value in long term support, including free content, and they've shown this with R6Siege, The Division, For Honor and the like. So while it may be low on content at release, I'm still optimistic on this one, even after the TD1's rough start.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Shown at E3, this is releasing March 15th 2019. Beta reg is live but I keep getting a forbidden message when trying to register. Anyone else having luck?



    https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/beta







  • Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭ EoinMcLovin


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shown at E3, this is releasing March 15th 2019. Beta reg is live but I keep getting a forbidden message when trying to register. Anyone else having luck?

    Was able to register no problem. Did you log into your Ubisoft account ?


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Spear


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shown at E3, this is releasing March 15th 2019. Beta reg is live but I keep getting a forbidden message when trying to register. Anyone else having luck?



    https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/beta

    I just signed up for the beta just fine.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Was able to register no problem. Did you log into your Ubisoft account ?


    Yeah, I enter my details and I get a 403 Forbidden message, reset my password and same deal. hhmmm


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kiith


    Signed up there as well. Got the forbidden message, but once i was logged into the site first (rather than logging in when clicking on the register link), it worked fine.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Rob2D


    I got in too.

    No Zero-Cool's allowed :pac:


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 78,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Sephiroth_dude


    Rob2D wrote: »
    I got in too.

    No Zero-Cool's allowed :pac:

    I guess you could say He has Zero Coolness :cool: :pac:



    *gets coat*


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Kiith wrote: »
    Signed up there as well. Got the forbidden message, but once i was logged into the site first (rather than logging in when clicking on the register link), it worked fine.


    Good man Kiith, yupp just went to thedivisiongame.com, logged in there and beta registered straight away. Agreed with above, I miss the snow but it seriously needed a change up and the season would be most obvious. Wonder when the beta will go live.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    I guess you could say He has Zero Coolness :cool: :pac:



    *gets coat*


    2e67de2eb02ede7754745c3c118b04f8.gif


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,556 ✭✭✭✭ dreamers75


    Dcully wrote: »
    Say what you like about blizzard but they have proved over and over again there is no need to go out and build a new game, just build on what you have.

    Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

    Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

    Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭ skerry


    Very excited for D2 after that, looks great. Most impressed by how awesome that Seeker Mine sounded whizzing through the water. I'll happily buy this game just so I can sit in a puddle rolling Seekers at people all evening in 4k :D


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dcully


    Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
    The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
    I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dcully


    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

    Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

    Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?

    My point is world of warcraft and its endless conveyor belt of content, they know how to keep players interested.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭ EoinHef


    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 are pretty much the same game with the changes players wanted.

    Activison Blizzard are literally the worst machine for extracting money from gamers around, they make EA look like amateurs.

    Every single game Activision Blizzard make has a number at the end, not sure what your point is?

    Not really,Destiny 2 is a sequel where they threw away all the changes that turned Destiny 1 into a great game.

    The fall updats is literally reverting a load of the changes in Destiny 2

    If the Division 2 is just more of the same it probably wont be for me. I can see why people liked it but it just never 100% clicked with me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ ShadowHearth


    Dcully wrote: »
    Framerate looks terrible in the gameplay vids.
    The game will live or die by its endgame content and loot system ,thats the golden rule of any looter and both were sadly missing from the first game.
    I predict it being fun for a month or so but like the first game it will die off very quickly, i have no faith in them shipping the game with enough content to keep people playing, the last game took 3 years to get any decent endgame content and a half decent loot system , even still players just breezed through the content in a few days.

    Well, Division in current state is a very decent looter game. I enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to new one. If they manage to take everything that is good now and work on stuff suggested already, then they will have a cracker of a game.

    Just few things I want them to do:
    Make ability to get loot from more places theb just grinding same thing over and over, because it has best chance. Even right now Division has a lot of cool content, but you completely ignore it, because rewards are pure ****.
    With Item sets I want to see drop from 6 piece full set to 4. Right now you hunting all 6 pieces and there are no more slots to play around with. Most fun was for me, when I was missing pieces and tried to glue together different sets or legendies, to make it work. When I got 6 piece striker game went in to decline to me. I knew there is nothing better.
    More activities in open world and not instances. Would be fun meeting other agents.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,688 ✭✭✭✭ Zero-Cool


    Nice cinematic trailer and the 2nd vid is selling me on Washington, will be nice to have a mix of areas instead of blocks of skyscrapers.





  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ ShadowHearth


    I will miss snow though. :(

    It was such a refreshing setting.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭ gimli2112


    the min maxing really sold me on the Division. It took me ages to understand how things worked but once it clicked I got hooked. Patch 1.6 was a game changer it brought me back and I haven't been able to leave since. Built a firecrest character this weekend and it's just brilliant in PvE.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭ murphyebass


    Tempted to pick the first game up.

    Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭ gimli2112


    Tempted to pick the first game up.

    Would I be at a significant disadvantage being new at this late stage?

    only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
    If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kiith


    You can get your gear up to a decent level without much effort. There are plenty of people who would help you with that, especially if you can get in with some of the boards lads.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭ murphyebass


    gimli2112 wrote: »
    only in pvp which is a clusterfup at the best of times and not a significant game mode. You could even get away with the dark zone which is a pvp mode if you're careful. Dark Zone farming isn't that important anymore although it can still be fun.
    If you get into it you'll get fantastic value out of it.

    It’d be more the PvE I’d be interested in tbh so it’s not too late by the sounds of it. Cheers

    Just checked psn and it’s gone off sale! Damn.

    Will wait till the next one and grab it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭ gimli2112


    yeah I looked at the digital some months back as I couldn't get the disk to work and it was like 60 euro or something crazy. you'd pick it up cheap somewhere like Amazon but I prefer digital games now, if possible.


Advertisement