Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Destiny 2 and bungie is merely an example of no endgame to decent endgame regardless of whether one likes the company or not.

Nothing more nothing less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 DanielStone

I want to play this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Destiny 2 has had many more years to build up content. A lot of which is recycled, in events that are slightly different versions of each other (or story missions/raids) and even entire maps (looking at you 'Shadowkeep' moon). It's a well balanced mature IP but is based, as usual with Bungie, on a LOT of repetition. I think it's fun don't get me wrong, I come back to it every few months but I really don't get the end-game argument for it. And the last company I would want anyone to learn from is Bungie, they take so many steps back, have repeatedly showed immense disregard for their customer base and in D2 had some of the worst monetisation mechanisms (even to the point of throttling XP to favour their store), and then get showered with praise when they only just get the game back to the standard of D1 (which again took years to mature to that point). There's a bit of Stockholm syndrome in there somewhere imho.

Yeah ive played a ton of Destiny 2 at this point,im very critical of some of bungies decisions over the years but in general i think its in a pretty good state now game play wise. I abandoned the game for nearly the whole of year 1,only really coming back for the Warmind DLC. How they messed it up so bad considering how good Destiny 1 was at the end is beyond me.

The recent changes to the in game store are pretty bad,I will say though that ive played D1 and D2 and have never bought a cosmetic,just earned them through gameplay. Which is not possible for the new cosmetics anymore,which sux

As regards repetitive content,nearly all looter shooters rely on players repeating content. The Division 1 and 2 are also guilty of this. Ive yet to see a company that can produce content quicker than players consume it. I think the best we can hope for is devs creating interesting reasons to replay that content,i agree lazy reskins are not a good reason to play either,Destiny is quite guilty of that recently,the current season is decent but ultiamtely is just the menagerie activity in a new setting.

The Division has never grabbed me in the way Destiny has though,i gave up on Division 2 at level 27,keep meaning to come back but every time i try i just get a feeling of Meh.

I played the division 1 to WT5 and had good and bad times with it. Never had the want to go crazy collecting gear sets etc as i felt the content didnt keep me interested enough to farm it.

I feel the the division is a series that i reckon i should like,has a lot of elements i enjoy in a game but i just struggle to maintain interest.

After posting this ive decided ill at least play Division 2 to level 30. Give what comes after a chance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I put this on for the first time in ages recently and became totally confused over what's good now. They're still giving you tons of useless thrash, low level gear dropping for max level characters. There's big changes in the pipeline so it's just not worth playing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I ran into a similar wall last week. Wasn't sure what I was meant to be doing or why. The only consistent element as Gimili highlighted was the absolute abundance of ****e gear being thrown at you that makes it impossible to build up the motivation to farm for the specific drops you want.

So yep, I quickly turned it off and went back to Borderlands 3 and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate! I would love a reason to come back to the Division though, so hopefully a decent overhaul is coming. It's absolutely baffling how both Bungie and Massive Entertainment made such huge missteps with regards their sequels. Both Destiny 2 and the Division 2 should have been impossible to f*ck up given the fantastic foundations that both series (finally) had in place with their respective first instalments. To be fair to Bungie, they have largely course corrected, Massive on the other hand seem to not give a flying f*ck.

• Advertisement

The amazing thing about Massive is they persist with these weekly shows and totally ignore the issues their community are having. You're never going to keep everyone happy but some of their decisions are absolutely baffling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The amazing thing about Massive is they persist with these weekly shows and totally ignore the issues their community are having. You're never going to keep everyone happy but some of their decisions are absolutely baffling.

strongly agree. there seems to a be a complete avoidance of teh major feedback about teh plight of teh game, and the fact that most of even teh msot comitted players have left. it looks to me liek tey have made the decision to let it die out, the effort required to bring it back must be deemed too big.

the only hope is that the silence is due to a massive effort behind the scenes (see what i did there? :) ) to refresh teh game and thereis a big announcement coming. would love to see this happen, but it would need a serious refresh to bring the endgame to anythign close to healthy, whatever arguements can be made about how long it took bungie the Destiny 2 endgame is in a very helathy state right now and sets the bar here. Div2 is much more my kind of game but it would need to improve dramatically to pull me back at this point.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne boys , all the endgame content you could want.

Dcully wrote: »
    Monster Hunter World Iceborne boys , all the endgame content you could want.

I bought that on a whim but couldn't get into it. I want to shoot baddies with MP7s, AK47s and M60s not leather some monsters with spears.

It's a little overwhelming to get into says the guy who tried to get into Warframe again this weekend. These titles are so daunting. You really have to commit. Say goodbye to family, friends and work and just go for it.

Theres bows and guns too.
    If you do try to get into it give it 8 - 10 hours atleast, get past the below average story and it opens up.
    THis is one thing veterans of the game tell new players, persevere through the story, you havent even wet your toes at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Expansion announcement coming tomorrow "the hunt starts soon" hhhhmmmm

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1226913787539795971?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nobody panic but Aaron Keener just sent me an email, I know just what to do, straight to 'Spam'. Take that Keener, ghooossteddd.

Coordinates for city hall in New York found in the teaser. NY was so much better than DC in terms of setting.

https://twitter.com/obiadekanobi/status/1226935743483916288?s=19

Better off giving the game some endgame content instead of BS expansion.
    Ive zero faith in them producing a looter game that keeps people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dcully wrote: »
    Better off giving the game some endgame content instead of BS expansion.
    Ive zero faith in them producing a looter game that keeps people playing.

Yeah I put 102 hours into this game but just lost interest then. There’s no incentive to keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Coordinates for city hall in New York found in the teaser. NY was so much better than DC in terms of setting.

https://twitter.com/obiadekanobi/status/1226935743483916288?s=19

Saw thread on reddit with leaks, its year 2 dlc being announced with expansion called Warlords of New York

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/f2082h/first_year_2_dlc_leaked_warlords_of_new_york/

Saw thread on reddit with leaks, its year 2 dlc being announced with expansion called Warlords of New York

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/f2082h/first_year_2_dlc_leaked_warlords_of_new_york/

Sounds very interesting, wonder how much it will cost.

Edit - 40 dollars yikes, would hope it's a fairly full game at that price
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA12639_00-Y1SPAS0000000000
    "Purchase before April 3 for a level 40 weapon and outfit.

New York is under threat. Aaron Keener, a former Division Agent turned rogue, has taken control of Lower Manhattan, backed by four devoted and highly skilled lieutenants. Trained by The Division but disavowing its ideals, they are now the highest authority in town and the most formidable force the Agents have ever faced.

Play in single-player or online co-op:

A gripping new story, hunting down your nemesis

A level 30 boost, allowing you to jump right into the Warlords of New York campaign

A new open world in New York

A revamped progression system with a level cap increased to 40

New tactical options: exotics, gears, and skills

An extended endgame, including thematic three-month seasons Tom Clancy’s The Division®️ 2 Warlords of New York is a narrative expansion to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and requires the base game to be accessed."

Sounds very interesting, wonder how much it will cost.

Edit - 40 dollars yikes, would hope it's a fairly full game at that price
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA12639_00-Y1SPAS0000000000

That's the Year 1 Pass, there will probably be a year 2 pass

Here is the url for Irish store

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0001-CUSA12630_00-Y1SPAS0000000000

That's the Year 1 Pass, there will probably be a year 2 pass

Here is the url for Irish store

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0001-CUSA12630_00-Y1SPAS0000000000

Crap, thought that was the link for the actual expansion. I'm still WT 2, must go back soon to get to WT 5 and attempt the episodes that were released.

Memory is a bit rust but WT jumps have to be done by completing certain missions and not just getting a higher gear score correct? Wondering if anything changed since I last played it mid last year and trying to get to WT5 asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Memory is a bit rust but WT jumps have to be done by completing certain missions and not just getting a higher gear score correct? Wondering if anything changed since I last played it mid last year and trying to get to WT5 asap.

there were certain strongholds that had to be done I think, I finished up somewhere between WT04 and 05. I cant say exactly what distracted me from it the time, because I was enjoying it :confused: I did have a look at the reddit a few weeks back and it was fairly negative about the endgame so decided not to bother hopping back in. I'd still be interested in having a look though.

it's difficult to enjoy the end game, they bury you in loot much of which is thrash. Say you're looking for a specific chest piece, it will have about 7 variables so obtaining a god roll is approaching lottery level probability, throw in that some gear doesn't drop at max level and there's about 12 different kinds of gear sets it's terribly infuriating.
    Then you get everything you want and they change it all in an update or nerf the bejayus out of something else.

I stopped before the last large update, I went back to it a while ago but just couldn't get enthusiastic about learning everything from scratch again. I put in hours and hours and hours getting the right builds and don't know where they are anymore.

WT upgrade is a mix of your Gear-Score and specific Strongholds being cleared in sequence. Your recommended GS improvement for the next tier is relatively low (usually just a jump of 20 over the previous Tier's max) but it's worth waiting to hit that tier's max before moving up imho (which for most is in steps of 50Gs).

I logged in last night for the first time in a few months again to see what's changed. They do allow gear type targetting now, certain areas are guaranteed vendor types etc. (though I haven't really dug into the details there). They also added named items with 'perfect' talents that are usually 5% (or the equivalent) over the normal version. So yeah RNG is there in the mix but it's kinda like Anointed versions in BL3 imho, a different reward type but a way of providing a slightly better version of the same item. They're not stingy with them either, the Clan vendor currently has a great roll 'Invisible Hand' AR with good damage and Perfect Allegro for example, and I picked up 1 other piece in about 2-3 hours that had the perfect version of another talent I used on my Skill build, aswell as probably 4-5 other perfect talent pieces that I don't need right now so they were just stashed.

Still a fun game, it needs a WT6+ though, be able to turn the world to Heroic level. And a few more random events, to me that's when it really comes alive, you're trying to take one objective and other events collide for a few minutes of pew-pew chaos. I've about 550 or so hours on Div-1 and 210 on Div-2, so while it's less for this one and like everyone I wish there was more to still do that's still a tremendous amount of fun-for-the-buck. I also really like that they are adding real-estate this time as add-ons rather than just re-hashing the same areas with new mission scripts. So, looking forward to the announcement tonight (cautiously :) ).

gimli2112 wrote: »

I stopped before the last large update, I went back to it a while ago but just couldn't get enthusiastic about learning everything from scratch again. I put in hours and hours and hours getting the right builds and don't know where they are anymore.

After my first big break and coming back (about 4 months or so back) I found that while I did need to rework my perk balance to get my core talents sync'd again in most cases it was doable. I think only one talent was completely prohibited on my tank'n'spank build but I was able to compensate for it with something else. It probably took about 5-6 hours to get things back to comfortable. So not a killer.

Sunny New York looking really great.

Episode 3 releases tomorrow for Year 1 pass owners and next week for everybody else.
    Warlords of Manhattan releases March 3rd

Saw it on the ubi store for 30 euro. Bit steep for 5 main missions and 8 side missions but it does sound good. Mad that the division 2 is currently on sale on us psn for 3 dollars.

• Advertisement

So confused, i just stumbled my way through an invaded mission with 2 randoms on WT2, was well handy but i couldn't even remember what my skills do.

My progression for black tusk invasion is 7 of 12. Recommended is federal emergency bunker, then roosevelt Island, then capitol building and then tidal basin. Seems a bit much to jump to WT3? I'm already at the recommended gear score of 325.

I know ye're all well in wt5 but any of this sound familiar and can offer advice on the quickest path to wt3?

Advertisement