Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks for the tip on that Clan chest piece Gimli, using it to increase my main chest piece (Fenris) to max 815 finally meant I didn't have to mount batteries on my skills :). Like just about the rest of the end-game planet I'm trying a skill build at the moment, hardly original but it is fun and the fireworks are pretty. Not what I'd call a super-optimised build yet but running 3/7/7 with all Talents activated - focusing on Terminate/Tech-Support/Spike for Skill damage assist and Patience for some I'm-too-pretty-to-die'ishness with 70% or so skill haste (increased on the skills themselves so max is currently around 12 seconds). I'd like to trade some of the defensive skills from health to armour but otherwise it can solo challenging easily enough (Heroic I've only tested on Lvl 4 control points and they went ok but I need to try some missions to be sure).
    I do have a question though around Spike. I never see it's activation Icon - and I focus on headshots to Synergise with the Nemesis holstered perk, my main is a carbine with it but I've also tried Rifles and Marksman with it and the same result. I have no idea if it's really running or bugged out. Is this typical or do you normally see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I only noticed spike recently when I was making the skill build. "This is amazing", I thought. After a few days I unequipped it. Funny you're seeing the same. Swapped it for in rhythm on a secondary so I have a 5% chance of the skills resetting.

This is the only build I don't have patience on the kneepads. Have +60% or something in the chem launcher which heals super fast. Every bit of gear has +20% explosions and technical on the backpack so 25% chance of skills resetting. I left a lot of DTE on the mask as I heard one of the few skills it works with is seekers. Mods are battery, +4 mines (deleted a +6, which haunts me) and +111% skill haste.

It's great but when I swapped to my main the gun damage difference was incredible even though my skill one is pretty ok. Think it's 5 6 6. It was 6 6 6 which was making me uncomfortable

Got the exotic gloves earlier, they're insane, that's my skill build changed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Got the exotic gloves earlier, they're insane, that's my skill build changed

Got mine last night. Are you using a status effect to boost skill damage... the blinder seems a good option.

sticker wrote: »
    Got mine last night. Are you using a status effect to boost skill damage... the blinder seems a good option.

yea fire turret. no patience, no healing skills, as squishy as can be. I normally go weeks on end without dying on my unbreakable build. Died four times in the last session but so much fun. got a god roll back pack and ruined it. Swapped skill haste for skill power and pack again, should have changed the red to gun damage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Logged in for the first time in months last night/today.

Did Kenly college and a couple of the classified assaignment purple things. It was all a bit lackluster and I eventually got bored. I saw you can get a neat new AR but it's tied to the Raid so I can forget about that for now.

I see people talking about skills. Is it possible to be a Tactician again yet?

Rob2D wrote: »
    Logged in for the first time in months last night/today.

Did Kenly college and a couple of the classified assaignment purple things. It was all a bit lackluster and I eventually got bored. I saw you can get a neat new AR but it's tied to the Raid so I can forget about that for now.

I see people talking about skills. Is it possible to be a Tactician again yet?

You can make a fairly viable skill build in pve. You will give up a fair bit of dps and survivability but they are pretty good though. Not sure about pvp I don't think any of the offensive skills work particularly well. I'd heard the defensive drone was totally broken but sure you'd expect something to be.

Had to just quit last night because of the lag. Game was essentially unplayable. "Poor connection to host server the whole time".

It was kinda bad since I started back the other day but last night was just a joke. Is anyone else on PC experiencing this?

I wasn't on yesterday but have been playing for most of the weekend and only had one issue, a Delta disconnect sometime sunday morning. No Lag.

Also if you are trying a skill build I 100% recommend pairing Tech-Support (25% Skill dmg for 10s after a skill kill, doesn't refresh) and Terminate (35% skill damage for 15s after stripping armour, kills refresh). They synergise exceptionally well. I'm currently using Cluster mines (up to 9 now) and the standard drone, when I start a mob I launch the drone, then mines and as they are priming whittle the closest red down about 20% (on challenging, lower prob won't even need that). That's usually enough for the first guy to die to a mine and add 25% which can then let the other mines strip purples of armour, I added Unstoppable to the mix recently so that means they also just proc'd that for my direct fire - within about 2s or so the skills are running at +60%, I'm at +22% direct fire, most of the room is dead and the drone moving in for anything left alive. Subseqeuent reinforcements get hit hard refreshing Terminate pretty regularly and Tech-support on and off. Works quite nicely :D

Was thinking about my connection woes and wondered would it be server related. Stumbled upon this video which outlines a neat trick you can do in task manager. Worth a look if you have the time:

I seem to be on an amazon "euwest" server so that seems fine.

Just today on twitter I noticed some people commenting on the official maintenace tweet about having latency issues too so hopefully that patches it up for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I only noticed spike recently when I was making the skill build. "This is amazing", I thought. After a few days I unequipped it. Funny you're seeing the same. Swapped it for in rhythm on a secondary so I have a 5% chance of the skills resetting.

This is the only build I don't have patience on the kneepads. Have +60% or something in the chem launcher which heals super fast. Every bit of gear has +20% explosions and technical on the backpack so 25% chance of skills resetting. I left a lot of DTE on the mask as I heard one of the few skills it works with is seekers. Mods are battery, +4 mines (deleted a +6, which haunts me) and +111% skill haste.

It's great but when I swapped to my main the gun damage difference was incredible even though my skill one is pretty ok. Think it's 5 6 6. It was 6 6 6 which was making me uncomfortable

I threw together a skill build from some old stuff.
    I have around 3k electrics (not too sure so approx). Added the extra 4 mines (can't remember if I added 2 mods with 4) and my recharge rate is, from memory, 90%. I have explosive on every armor piece and am running demo for the extra explosive damage.

Did a heroic and scored 65K damage.
    My weapon damage build would do 100K plus. Not only that but I felt weaker while waiting for the mines to recharge. It definitely slowed down the mission, it felt like to took twice as long and that was with 23K damage on my eagle bearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I have around 3k electrics (not too sure so approx). Added the extra 4 mines (can't remember if I added 2 mods with 4) and my recharge rate is, from memory, 90%. I have explosive on every armor piece and am running demo for the extra explosive damage.

My weapon damage build would do 100K plus. Not only that but I felt weaker while waiting for the mines to recharge. It definitely slowed down the mission, it felt like to took twice as long and that was with 23K damage on my eagle bearer.

With my skills explosive build I find I'm top of damage and kills nearly every time. The screen shot below is with my BTSU gloves on and they do make a difference but with out them I would have been throwing in a turret. This is from Tidal Basin on challenging, while I am a bit soft I am careful and don't go out charging and trying to face tank NPC

https://twitter.com/TStarknova/status/1159110144308994048

Here is my build, I am kinda proud of it. I just need one more china Light to get my skill haste down more but hey its already 12secs for my seeker mines so I don't think its making too much of a difference. Keep at it with the skills build, with my BTSU gloves I see my 10 mines sometimes hitting for 1.4 million :eek: that is fun wiping out a squad of elite NPC in one shot.

https://twitter.com/TStarknova/status/1159113776182042624

Here are my seeker mines

https://twitter.com/TStarknova/status/1159113908512313345

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Our builds are quite similar Eco. You're seekers are a little better on cooldown, damage and you have two more than me. I do have about 60K more health. I'm also missing out on DTE on the mask, if I put it on I lose some skillpower and a damage mod on the seekers. Mine is a bit more of a hybrid my LMG does 31.5K damage so it's still quite strong.

My main does a lot more damage too shootermag. I think I only have 1600 skill power on my skill build the rest I make up with mods. My seekers have about 2400 or 2600 skillpower in total. The added advantage on my main is I can't really die (well almost). I ran the zoo one the other day on the skill build and was arsing around. I still got the second most damage. One dude got 500M, I was second on 100M so I don't know what the other fellah was doing but about 90M of my damage was skill damage and I think the next highest was about 5M

Show me your damage in a heroic mission. I'd be interested to see how it performs.

I've only done two heroic missions. They're interesting to do but I don't really see the point. The guy I was playing with has taken a break. Do you mean try one solo or in a random group? Neither is a particularly attractive option.
    Actually I've done three heroics as I did one when drunk but don't remember it.

I've only done two heroic missions. They're interesting to do but I don't really see the point. The guy I was playing with has taken a break. Do you mean try one solo or in a random group? Neither is a particularly attractive option.
    Actually I've done three heroics as I did one when drunk but don't remember it.

I don't mind how you do it, you can pug one or something. What I'm interested in is how it does against mobs with more armor. If anything your damage may show higher numbers because the mobs take more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jumped in after not playing for a few months. PLayed a few expeditions, they seemed samey and repetitive, tried the raid and ended out joining the end 3 times in a row (the very end with nothing left to shoot)

Gave up playing was kinda bored by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dreamers75 wrote: »

Gave up playing was kinda bored by it all.

I put about 80 hours into this game but once I hit lvl 500 it just felt kinda pointless.

With destiny you kept doing the same stuff every week but you got better gear and it still felt fun somehow.

I haven’t played the new content that dropped at the end of July so will give it a go and see if it hooks me in again.

Great gameplay, looks nice, maybe it’s just me but something just seems odd about the game, the grind the rewards etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yay, just reached level 30

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

With destiny you kept doing the same stuff every week but you got better gear and it still felt fun somehow.

Aye but, at least up until I stopped playing last year, that was because you ONLY got better gear with a limited number of weekly activities. Your average playtime on everything else was pointless from a loot perspective. The Div2 went a bit too far the other way at end-game in throwing potentially better at you regularly but only from a grindy min/max perspective - no OMG loot moments beyond the first time you get one of the few decent exotics.

• Advertisement

While I really like the game some of the dev's decisions are bizarre and extremely frustrating. The loot issue, the failure to matchmake the raid, inserting the dumbed down raid and the way it was implemented, the shepherd system, which has totally put me off answering calls, which I used to do, skills at launch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Hi all,
    I moved up to WT1 a couple of weeks ago, but I only get time to play 3-4hrs per week. Now, when I go in to the game it looks like all my previous work is lost somehow? So whatever I took over is red again, and I have to take it back, which is boring and frustrating. Also, it means trying to get above GS300 is almost impossible, as I don't get new, tougher missions.
    Any ideas?
    One thing I dislike is that it's difficult to figure out what you need to do next. I really like open world games, but nowhere does it tell me "play all you like, but unless you do x and y you'll never get above GS z" etc.
    Eoin

Tec Diver wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I moved up to WT1 a couple of weeks ago, but I only get time to play 3-4hrs per week. Now, when I go in to the game it looks like all my previous work is lost somehow? So whatever I took over is red again, and I have to take it back, which is boring and frustrating. Also, it means trying to get above GS300 is almost impossible, as I don't get new, tougher missions.
    Any ideas?
    One thing I dislike is that it's difficult to figure out what you need to do next. I really like open world games, but nowhere does it tell me "play all you like, but unless you do x and y you'll never get above GS z" etc.
    Eoin

It gets invaded every Thursday so don't worry. You can ignore it.
    To go up a World Tier you need to do the Capitol Building Stronghold. There was a few things to do I can't really remember but Google and Youtube will direct you there.

It gets invaded every Thursday so don't worry. You can ignore it.
    To go up a World Tier you need to do the Capitol Building Stronghold. There was a few things to do I can't really remember but Google and Youtube will direct you there.

The number one thing you have to do is equip your highest GS items all the time as the strong holds are unlocked based on your gear score. Forget about putting together a build or optimizing until you reach WT5. Also gear drops based on your current GS so to get better you have to have the highest possible gear on at all times. It should be easy enough to get to WT5. Run around your control points, side missions etc gear up and do a strong hold to level up.

This Striker Damage mod seems on the high side :eek:

Is this a common roll?

mod.png

Yes I can confirm that's only an ok roll...I have a 522% mod :cool:

https://twitter.com/TStarknova/status/1161205749982347264

Here's what it does to a few poor old NPC's with BTSU gloves on. As you can see its hitting around 35k a shot:eek:

https://twitter.com/TStarknova/status/1161207000308637707

Thanks!

I found that the BTSU gloves need the status effect and adding a turret to my second slot seemed to maximise overall kills - especially with a skill heavy build. Do you feel that using a staus effect on a slot is better that a second weapon in use? I've a decent pair of gloves on in their place with good attributes...

I grinded for a long time to get the gloves, but wonder if they are really worth it!

EDIT - Wheres the best place to farm/locate best mods? I'm playing daily but seems to be 99% junk

Mods are random drops afaik in the same way as weapon and gear lot drops from enemies or might be in a crate you open up.

In relation to skill builds I've seen it in a couple of places now where it's being said that DTE applies to explosive skills but no other skill damage. So if you run bomber drone or seekers it's worth keeping that high DTE roll on the mask.

sticker wrote: »
    Thanks!

I found that the BTSU gloves need the status effect and adding a turret to my second slot seemed to maximise overall kills - especially with a skill heavy build. Do you feel that using a staus effect on a slot is better that a second weapon in use? I've a decent pair of gloves on in their place with good attributes...

I grinded for a long time to get the gloves, but wonder if they are really worth it!

EDIT - Wheres the best place to farm/locate best mods? I'm playing daily but seems to be 99% junk

Yeah I have run loads of missions now with either a drone or turret and the BTSU gloves and yeah they hit hard and are powerful...but...they are no way near my seeker mine build. That thing cleans up every time and the stats prove it. The only other build I have seen that comes near the damage I put out is one or two guys I have seen that are running the Eagle Bearer AR. But you have to do the Raid for that..

I see where you are coming with the BTSU gloves are they worth it as you have to loose a slot but I find the firefly can be handy with the elite heavies especially the sledge hammer guys. It blinds them for 10 secs and the team can wipe them handy. Also I have the eyeless talent on my AR that does 20% damage to blinded NPCs.

Also I find by the time I have sent out my first wave of seekers there isnt normally too many NPC's left to be bothered setting up a turret.

One thing and it might be my imagination but I thought mods were dropping more freely this morning. Got a load of them in the couple of missions I ran today. But that might be in my imagination:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement