Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buildy-uppy thread: Ire vs Scot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Agreed since the post seems designed to get a rise out of people.

Well, I'm picturing Kearney in a kilt so it's definitely getting a "rise" out of me.

IF you know what I mean

We can beat Scotland without Sexton and Earls.

Less confident in bonus point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rumour mill saying sexton and Earls are out
    So that's what a party jungle is. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I never liked you anyway. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If Rob Kearney gets picked I'll seriously consider buying a kilt.

I know handsome Rob gets people going, but I've never heard of it being so severe that loose fitting clothing was required!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

That would be a huge kick in the balls. Both took full part in training yesterday though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,619 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Where did that come from. Hope it's not true, really put us up against it. I have very little faith in Carberry. If Earls is out, surely it's not going to be ferg, for the love of god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Good source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Haven't seen it anywhere else yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Murray took the pen when Sexton was down!

Sorry, you said Ireland v Scotland, I assumed a hypothetical situation, Scenario A and B,
    Didn't realise you were mixing up the Welsh match into it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,860 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If its not true I vote we flail partyjungle alive and hang him by his achilles till he's pecked to death by carrion birds!!

Haven't seen it anywhere else yet

He has a pretty good track record. Before the SA game:
    Rumour mill is saying

Healy Best Furlong
    Toner Henderson
    POM SOB CJ
    Murray, Sexton, Conway, Bundi, Robbie, Stockdale, R Kearney
    Subs: Kilcoyne, Herring, Ryan, Ryan, Ruddock, Marmion, Carbery, Adam Byrne

https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/928620847887212544

Before the Argentina match
    Rumour mill is saying Adam Byrne is getting a start

And before the France match
    Rumour mill saying Ryan is starting

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Earls has been doing loads of press this week and seemed very positive, would be a surprise if he was injured and still so upbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Where did that come from. Hope it's not true, really put us up against it. I have very little faith in Carberry. If Earls is out, surely it's not going to be ferg, for the love of god

Hopefully not true. But Carberry at 10 and McFadden on the wing wouldn't be the end of the world with McFadden possibly taking the pressure off his shoulders and taking over the kicking duties (when was the last time he kicked? he used to be excellent). Not sure I'd fancy Murray taking all the kicks, and haven't seen Carberry kick in a long time. Who'd be in the 23 shirt then? Larmour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

clsmooth wrote: »
    Hopefully not true. But Carberry at 10 and McFadden on the wing wouldn't be the end of the world with McFadden possibly taking the pressure off his shoulders and taking over the kicking duties (when was the last time he kicked? he used to be excellent). Not sure I'd fancy Murray taking all the kicks, and haven't seen Carberry kick in a long time. Who'd be in the 23 shirt then? Larmour?

Carbery looked good kicking against Italy. It was zero pressure but his technique looked more fluid and he looked more relaxed. So between him, Murray, Ringrose and possibly McFadden we would have no shortage of decent kickers.

It's not Sexton's kicking we would miss the most it's his leadership, calmness and his defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If its not true I vote we flail partyjungle alive and hang him by his achilles till he's pecked to death by carrion birds!!

Too good for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Carbery looked good kicking against Italy. It was zero pressure but his technique looked more fluid and he looked more relaxed. So between him, Murray, Ringrose and possibly McFadden we would have no shortage of decent kickers.

It's not Sexton's kicking we would miss the most it's his leadership, calmness and his defence

Oh yeah, Sexton and Earls would be huge looses both attacking and defending, both are in great form, just trying to see the glass half full :D the problem with having Murray, Carberry, Ringrose and McFadden as our kickers is that none of them are doing it week in week out

clsmooth wrote: »

I heard Larmour is straight in.

Sorry folks. I hope I'm wrong! Source is a friend of a friend. Usually been reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Sorry folks. I hope I'm wrong! Source is a friend of a friend. Usually been reliable.

If Conway is still not right I presume Larmour is the best option, would have liked to have seen Conway involved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

I don't know why Ringrose isn't ahead of most (bar Sexton) when it comes to kicking. I thought he looked a better kicked then Ross Byrne during Leinster schools comp, so I was a bit surprised when Byrne was the kicked for the U20's. I know he kicked a bit for Ireland on the summer tour but I thought he would be higher up the pecking order with Leinster too. Maybe he doesn't enjoy the responsibility or is it just a case of the out half gets first refusal?

• Advertisement

Yeah. As I pointed out above, your record is pretty damn good. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sorry, you said Ireland v Scotland, I assumed a hypothetical situation, Scenario A and B,
    Didn't realise you were mixing up the Welsh match into it.

i wasnt. i was been a smart arse! u were right!
    it should have read 2 from 5.

Edit: Oh God! If Sexton is out...just forget even hypothetical scenario re: BP win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Scotland could well explode saturday, last year they beat Wales before England thumped them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Maybe they bumped heads. How often do we hear of HIA incidents in training ? Or can they only happen in matches ? Surely the risk is there, even if only a small percentage of all HIA absences ? Unless they cant happen unless there is a ref and or a TV camera on them.

Maybe they bumped heads. How often do we hear of HIA incidents in training ? Or can they only happen in matches ? Surely the risk is there, even if only a small percentage of all HIA absences ? Unless they cant happen unless there is a ref and or a TV camera on them.
    Schrodinger's HIA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

C__MC wrote: »
    Scotland could well explode saturday, last year they beat Wales before England thumped them
    Explode or implode?

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Explode or implode?
    The Cardigans?

Explode or implode?

Or could they just plode ?
    I think they could in Europe.

Good man Joe.

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The Cardigans?
    Did that just whoosh everybody or what? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Did that just whoosh everybody or what? :)

More along the lines of nobody gives a rat's ass about the cardigans :D

I'd prefer larmour to ferg. Wtf happened with sexton and earls. For the love of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Gerry Thornley just published an article with probable team line-up. Sexton and Earls are in the team. Hopefully he is right! Henderson, Furlong and Ringrose in as expected

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-likely-to-make-three-changes-for-scotland-clash-1.3418631?mode=amp

Gerry Thornley just published an article with probable team line-up. Sexton and Earls are in the team. Hopefully he is right! Henderson, Furlong and Ringrose in as expected

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-likely-to-make-three-changes-for-scotland-clash-1.3418631?mode=amp
    He also says this: "Presuming everyone else is fit and good to go..." :rolleyes:

He also says this: "Presuming everyone else is fit and good to go..." :rolleyes:

Yeah, after he talks about Furlong and Henderson. Not as a...

Lucille-Bluth-Wink-Arrested-Development.gif?resize=245%2C245&ssl=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Relax lads, partyjungle had Adam Byrne on the bench v SA, and it was actually Sweetnam.

Total spoofer.

Yeah, after he talks about Furlong and Henderson. Not as a...
    Actually that wasn't my intention. Just saw it as an iindication that Gerry might not be fully up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I see Gerry has Murphy and Larmour on the bench.

I see Gerry has Murphy
    Good choice.
    Larmour on the bench.
    Taking over the Gilroy role.

I see Gerry has Murphy and Larmour on the bench.
    He's correct about Murphy. Poor Jack ddn't cover himself in glory last time out.

• Advertisement

He's correct about Murphy. Poor Jack ddn't cover himself in glory last time out.

Would it not be more about Murphy's ability to cover more positions in the back row than Conan not having a stellar performance?

Would it not be more about Murphy's ability to cover more positions in the back row than Conan not having a stellar performance?

That logic if true would have applied last outing too. The lack of glory theory seem more cogent.

That logic if true would have applied last outing too. The lack of glory theory seem more cogent.
    He did well against Italy and that earned him the bench spot against Wales. Himself and Ferg made a bollocks of defending for that Welsh try and I'd say they are on the naughty step to contemplate what they've done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

So are we calling this Sexton and Earls rumour true or false?

It's almost bedtime and I want to rest easy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    So are we calling this Sexton and Earls rumour true or false?

It's almost bedtime and I want to rest easy

False. You can rest easy.

We can deal with the truth of the matter tomorrow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sexton and Feels out oh ****

Hopefully Its BS

Team been announced tomorrow lunchtime ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sexton and Feels out oh ****

Hopefully Its BS

Team been announced tomorrow lunchtime ??

until then

wW2s5hW.gif

I can't handle the stress. I can't handle the truth. Forgive me Lord for my sins....

Kinsella has the same team as Thornley anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I can confirm Sexton and Earls are out.

Sexton has recently taken up chess and showing his all-round talent has made it through to the final of the Rathmines Chess club, with first move scheduled for Saturday at 3 pm. Although Sexton is good, he's not that good, and it would be too much of a risk expecting checkmate by 3.15.

Earls, meanwhile, has recently become a Seventh-day Adventist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement