Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buildy-uppy thread: Ire vs Scot

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Same source is still insisting Sexton is out :pac:

Your source has cut a plea deal...he's wearing a wire...

STOP POSTING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Is he saying they’re going to pull a last minute switcharoo?
    Joe's going to hold that trick until England. O'Mahony gets switched in the warm up with a resurgent Heaslip. It's been the long con ever since March last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Typical #ConservativeJoe. He selects Larmour ahead of more experienced options. He should be FIRED! Sad!

pc7 wrote: »
    Wonder if Gregor is reading this and his head is melting!

Revenge for Busgate17.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Your source has cut a plea deal...he's wearing a wire...

STOP POSTING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

I almost deleted it straight away for the sake of our blood pressures

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Revenge for Busgate17.

Hopefully their team hotel is subject to 'water restrictions', just in their rooms. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Very good side.

I feel Dan Leavy is on Russell duty. Along with Sexton.

Kearney aluded to it at the start of the 6 nations, but they let Russell play with zero pressure, he might as well have been playing touch.

This is where he is at his most dangerous. Put the serious squeeze on him and force him to make bad decision, Ryan POM and CJ making a mare of the ruck will help.

England were really naive to give him the freedom they did the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

awec wrote: »
    The only change I would make is to start Henderson but that’s nit picking. Good team.
    I think it's possibly player management and trying to get the best out of him. We saw how he's been sometimes for Ulster this season with having no competition for his spot. We've seen him on the Lions trying earn a starting spot. I'm looking forward to Henderson fighting for his place.

Interesting one to be honest, I can remember Matt O'Conner naming Rob Kearney when the world and his mother knew he wouldn't be playing and I was quite annoyed by that.

If Schmidt is up to the same tricks I'd be equally annoyed but also really surprised. I think he has confidence in his team and would back Carbery publicly with a starting berth if Sexton was definitely out. I'd say at most Sexton is touch and go but still in the frame.

I can appreciate why you don't want to give Scotland time to pick apart weaknesses in Carbery's game but I think you also need to show confidence in your side. I'd consider it poor coaching if Joe named Sexton knowing he wouldn't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Someone please help me get 2 tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

ACAguy wrote: »
    Someone please help me get 2 tickets

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Interesting one to be honest, I can remember Matt O'Conner naming Rob Kearney when the world and his mother knew he wouldn't be playing and I was quite annoyed by that.

If Schmidt is up to the same tricks I'd be equally annoyed but also really surprised. I think he has confidence in his team and would back Carbery publicly with a starting berth if Sexton was definitely out. I'd say at most Sexton is touch and go but still in the frame.

I can appreciate why you don't want to give Scotland time to pick apart weaknesses in Carbery's game but I think you also need to show confidence in your side. I'd consider it poor coaching if Joe named Sexton knowing he wouldn't start.

You’d give Sexton every chance of making it even if he was carrying a niggle. What 10 is getting held back from action this week? Is Keatley starting for Munster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Could someone post the date and time of the public hanging drawing and quartering for the poster who suggested Sexton & Earls were out. Love me a good public execution. Helps kill the time before kick off. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, Sexton is just one of those players in the team who is going to be given every single second up to kickoff to get match fit. I'd be betting that's what is going on here. Earls is probably at that same level right now too.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Could someone post the date and time of the public hanging drawing and quartering for the poster who suggested Sexton & Earls were out. Love me a good public execution. Helps kill the time before kick off. Thanks.

I hear he is off celebrating his ruse with a few mates in the woods.

Little part of me was looking forward to seeing how we'd do in a big game without Sexton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Little part of me was looking forward to seeing how we did in a big game without Sexton.

(not sure if you'll get the reference)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Please note, from the charter:
    In accordance with boards.ie and adverts.ie rules the buying and selling of tickets is currently only permitted on Adverts.ie Tickets Section. There is also a Tickets & Travel subforum of Soccer, but they allow other sports to be discussed also

No more posts asking for tickets, or advertising tickets for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭The Black Stags

Little part of me was looking forward to seeing how we did in a big game without Sexton.

(not sure if you'll get the reference)

giphy.gif
    Classic Little Shop of Horrors.

• Advertisement

swiwi_ wrote: »

Who? This guy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

clsmooth wrote: »
    You’d give Sexton every chance of making it even if he was carrying a niggle. What 10 is getting held back from action this week? Is Keatley starting for Munster?

Munster not playing til next weekend, re-scheduled game due to the weather last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I think you're both missing an apostrophe. :P

Dorothy back in the squad........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Match thread is now up here.

May I be struck down with leprosy for even asking this question, but...

What if Aki/Ringrose gets injured during the game. Earls to centre Larmour to wing?
    And if we lose one of the back 3 on top of that...marmion to the wing? (to excel again!)

In a (highly unlikely) scenario of losing say both Earls and Ringrose...who then partners Bundi in the centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

In a (highly unlikely) scenario of losing say both Earls and Ringrose...who then partners Bundi in the centre?

Carbery or Larmour to 13 and Carbery goes into the back three.

I'd favour the first.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Carbery or Larmour to 13 and Carbery goes into the back three.

I'd favour the first.

Stockdale an option for the centre as well, if injuries start to get that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

May I be struck down with leprosy for even asking this question, but...

What if Aki/Ringrose gets injured during the game. Earls to centre Larmour to wing?
    And if we lose one of the back 3 on top of that...marmion to the wing? (to excel again!)

Joe was asked about it and said that Larmour and Earls can both play 13 and Ringrose could play 12, also mentioned that Carbery could slot in at 12 I think.

And if we're badly stuck, POM can play take up his rightful role on the wing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I'm loving the focus on depth this year. "If all 10 professional centres in the country are injured, who will slot in?!" It been a great year for developing depth in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

I'd still be worried about our defensive capabilities of our backs. Not that the line up was going to be much different since Farrell got injured. Haven't heard much in the line of praise for Maitland's contributions in the last game. Thought he played very well and some of the other Scottish lads took the plaudits away from him. Ireland's performances so far have reminded me a bit like Barcelona in soccer, if you score one we'll score two. Could be more of the same on Saturday, especially if Scotland are allowed more time on the ball than we allowed Wales. When we have been good we have been very good.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,846 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ireland's performances so far have reminded me a bit like Barcelona in soccer, if you score one we'll score two. .

delighted if thats the case... its not so long ago the biggest stick to beat this team was that they were 'boring' and couldnt score tries......

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cowboy848

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I know handsome Rob gets people going, but I've never heard of it being so severe that loose fitting clothing was required!

Nothing to do with his ridiculous gloating whilst in the Irish jersey. He should be shot for some of the faces he pulled whilst representing our country.

Some people are very very weird

sydthebeat wrote: »
    delighted if thats the case... its not so long ago the biggest stick to beat this team was that they were 'boring' and couldnt score tries......

It's not so long ago that we actually couldn't score tries.

And a cheeky wink does not mean the night is successful. We need to see it consistently. This weekend is a great opportunity to get that momentum rolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement