Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 NFL Offseason Trades and Free Agent News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That certainly is surprising! Though someone pointed out further down that Twitter thread that when he was benched, Tom Savage had a higher rating with PFF than Carson Wentz...

Hope it's OK to link to another forum for something like this (also a great place for some info on players in the draft) but here is the take of Rams fans on it, which are mixed. They liked him as a leader and felt he did quite well quite often but could also be a liability (which may have been instances I missed since they would have watched more Rams games and a lot closer than me).

A really good point made by some though is that he's not suited to a 3-4 and him and Mark Barron are both very undersized for LBers which caused issues on run defense where they gave up the 5th most yards, 4th most TDs (tied) and 2nd most yards per carry.

The Rams are also apparently now in the region for $50mn under the cap, they definitely could be one to watch next week when the window opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Billy86 wrote: »
    The Rams are also apparently now in the region for $50mn under the cap, they definitely could be one to watch next week when the window opens.

All going to Aaron Donald! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Discussions taking place between Denver and SF and between Denver and NE over a trade of Aqib Talib. Apparently there are several other teams also expressing an interest.

Apparently Talib wants to be cut and his preference is to rejoin the Pats - but all the indications are that he will be traded.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Demarco Murray released

Broncos are putting second round tenders on RFAs Matt Paradis, C, and Shaq Barrett, OLB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The Rams and Broncos have finalized a deal that will send veteran cornerback Aqib Talib to Los Angeles in exchange for a 2018 fifth-round draft pick,

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    The Rams and Broncos have finalized a deal that will send veteran cornerback Aqib Talib to Los Angeles in exchange for a 2018 fifth-round draft pick,

Not a surprise that one - Wade Phillips knows exactly how to use Talib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Sorry to see a CB with the talent of Talib go, but the move seems reasonable, frees up much needed cap space and a 5th rounder in return. Still feels like the end of an era for the Broncoes secondary as I don't see Roby stepping up to the same level any time soon.

The Rams now have (arguably) 2 of the top corners in the NFL for about $13m per year for both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Rams have signed CB Sam Shields, he's two years out (since week 1 of 2016) and concussions are a big worry (and why he appeared effectively retired until just now) but could be a great signing for them if he works out. Shame GB didn't pick him back up, we could have used him over the last two years though it likely means Trumaine Johnson is done in LA as he, Shields and Peters are all boundary guys.

Bit of a risky one, but if they got him cheap it's an excellent signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Browns are putting together a quality roster, Hue has absolutely no excuses now

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Browns are putting together a quality roster, Hue has absolutely no excuses now

What would say would be acceptable? Would he have to get them to 8-8 say or would a 5-11 save his job?

Going from 1-31 to any wins at all would be a step up but I think he needs to win at least 6.

What would say would be acceptable? Would he have to get them to 8-8 say or would a 5-11 save his job?

Going from 1-31 to any wins at all would be a step up but I think he needs to win at least 6.

Could potentially be looking at Baker Mayfield, Saquon Barkley, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, and a top 10 o-line.

Add a defense including Myles Garrett, Jamie Collins, and I'd want 8-8 I think. Especially considering their relatively week division/conference.

Probably their 1st and 4th this year knowing them.

Paully D wrote: »
    Probably their 1st and 4th this year knowing them.

Apparently not in rounds 1 or 2.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/972228032122499077

Apparently not in rounds 1 or 2

It is admittedly going to be very annoying when the Browns no longer suck and we (Ravens) can’t be guaranteed 2 wins in the division every season anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Delighted to see the Browns finally making a trade.

With the amount of draft picks in our armory and the available cap space, there was no way that they would all be used on young players and that it's good that they are being used on quality rather than quantity.

At 25 years of age, it should be a excellent deal for the Browns.

Appears to be a third rounder this year and a mid rounder next year for the trade, but that isn't confirmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Said it on the draft thread last week, Browns take Barkley at #1 as it was a no brainier, best player in the draft. Surely happens now.

I thought Landry was tagged? Doesn’t that have to make it 2 first rounders to enforce the trade? Although I think Miami can accept what they want.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Barkley go #1, Browns to trade up to #2 for their #4 and a few picks for next year with the Giants to get their QB, then Buffalo to trade up to #4 and picks for next year with the Giants to get their QB leaving the Giants going into 2019 draft stacked with picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Quick question. I know Bell gets 14 mill this year on tag as it's 120% of his previous year salary but how did he get 12 mill first year of tag as I thought Vikings cut Peterson?

McCoy was next highest on $8 mill

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Browns making moves. Tyrod Taylor traded from the Bills

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Browns making moves. Tyrod Taylor traded from the Bills

A third round pick?! The bills have made off like bandits there

CB Damarious Randall traded from Green Bay to Cleveland.

What is going on?!

CB Damarious Randall traded from Green Bay to Cleveland.

What is going on?!

They've probably fired Hue a few hours ago and are burying it in between the trades....or something. :pac:

Kizer traded to the Packers.

VillaMad wrote: »
    Kizer traded to the Packers.

What in the world

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/972258212249554944

Excellent move from the Browns to be fair.

So, doing some quik maffs:

Browns receive: Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, Damarious Randall

Browns give: 3rd round pick, 4th round pick, 2019 7th round pick, and DeShone Kizer.

Not a bad night's work alright!

So, doing some quik maffs:

Browns receive: Tyrod Taylor, Jarvis Landry, Damarious Randall

Browns give: 3rd round pick, 4th round pick, 2019 7th round pick, and DeShone Kizer.

Not a bad night's work alright!

Yep and the Packers and Browns 4th and 5th round picks are swapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

A third round pick?! The bills have made off like bandits there

I'd happily give a 3rd rounder for Tyrod. He's obviously not an elite QB, but under the right coaching I think he can improve a team massively. It also means the Browns have a genuine starter for next season and if they use a 1st round pick on a QB they're under no pressure to start day one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Good day for the Browns, if they get the draft right they could be a very respectable team next year. They have lots of room in free agency too.

Taylor should be a good stop gap QB, didn’t see that coming. Wonder what the Bills are planning.

Advertisement